Treadstone

Mugsy

Treadstone

Post by Mugsy » 10 Aug 2019, 10:59

They're visiting the Bourne universe again...

Curious to see if this is set in the past since Treadstone has been superseded by various other programs:

https://bourne.fandom.com/wiki/Beta_program
0 x
CherryRed wrote:
02 Dec 2018, 21:33
It'll look amazing shoved up his ass if he doesn't actually learn to play the fucking thing.

brimlad

Re: Treadstone

Post by brimlad » 10 Aug 2019, 15:37

looks interesting, I think it will be set in the future as mentioned there are still sleeper bourne types out there so potentially activating those agents. I'm a big fan of the first movie I watched it three times on a flight from London to Singapore and didn't sleep and I've probably watched it another five times since on dvd. thought the second one was lame but perhaps they can do something good with this as the concept is solid :)
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 11 Aug 2019, 08:35

I remember seeing the second in the cinemas with friends... the shaky cam gave a mate a headache and he dozed off in the process. Other friends found it confusing as they couldn't remember what happened in the first movie since they watched it so long ago. I fared better having just watched the first one days prior to seeing the second. The last act in Moscow I still think is a great action set piece with one of the best car chases ever filmed. The Clive Owen vs Matt Damon scene from the first movie is still the best "assassin vs assassin" scene in the whole franchise for me.

Overall, I do enjoy the original trilogy even though there's a distinct change in tone between the first and second movie. I didn't mind Jason Bourne but with the up in the air conclusion, it's a pretty horrible way to end the franchise. They should have just left it at 3 movies as far as the Jason Bourne character is involved or have committed to making another movie to tie things up.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:
It'll look amazing shoved up his ass if he doesn't actually learn to play the fucking thing.

brimlad

Post by brimlad » 12 Aug 2019, 16:43

gosh there is a third, must investigate; thanks Mugsy
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 12 Aug 2019, 17:16

Holy crap! You haven't seen the third movie?

You're in for treat. Bourne Ultimatum is more action oriented but Greengrass toned down the shakycam a notch so it's not as headache inducing.

There's also a fourth movie, The Bourne Legacy, with Jeremy Renner as a new agent and then the fifth movie, Jason Bourne, where Damon returns.
0 x
CherryRed wrote: