Doctor Who

Mugsy

Re: Doctor Who

Post by Mugsy » 12 Oct 2018, 23:51

Her first stunt as the Doctor...

Next thing they'll do is make Jodie go all martial arts like the third doctor but up the fight quality by getting in Yuen Woo-ping to choreograph the fight scenes.
0 x

brimlad

Post by brimlad » Yesterday, 12:23

yes I'm in, wasn't quite what I had anticipated but last nights episode showed some good writing and I'm warming to Jodie, The number of side kicks is annoying, much better with one or two but the plot last night did work well with that cast. I think it will be a good series :)
0 x

André Axe'm

Post by André Axe'm » Yesterday, 15:50

The choice of companions said immediately to me that racism was going to be a theme again. They seem to be doing that one a lot lately.
I didn't particularly like last night's plot. It had a strong feeling of being there for reasons other than the story.
That said, I've liked the season so far, even though I've found the plots a bit too obvious.
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » Yesterday, 20:21

I'm conflicted still.

I think these episodes are well done but the social commentary feels shoved in my face. We've had feminism, racism, domestic violence, and casualties of war. The latter two were a bit more subtle in that second episode but still noticeable. These topics were part of Doctor Who in the past but it seems quite dominant this season.
0 x