What are you watching?

kharis

Re: What are you watching?

Post by kharis » 05 Sep 2018, 18:27

Nope had seen bits and pieces but the Hell’s Kitchen brigade were never a high priority. Watch a couple of episodes of jj and so far it’s not bad
0 x

Bicketybam

Post by Bicketybam » 05 Sep 2018, 19:27

Yurtles wrote:
01 Sep 2018, 22:23
The Jack Ryan series on Amazon goes alright. Only a couple episodes in, but my goodness is it some high budget stuff. Fingers crossed the story lives up to the money they seem to have spent on it.
It was quite good, except for a few minor points that I didn't like. Like when Ryan apprehended the brother.... I mean really, who lets him get up? And then the guy chasing the women... seriously?

One thing I did notice and when I did it was hard not to, but John Krasinski... has a huge nose. Seriously big. It just stood out. :D
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 05 Sep 2018, 21:38

kharis wrote:
05 Sep 2018, 18:27
Nope had seen bits and pieces but the Hell’s Kitchen brigade were never a high priority. Watch a couple of episodes of jj and so far it’s not bad
Glad you're enjoying JJ... it gets way better when David Tennant's presence increases. That man is a joy to watch doing villains.

Season 2 of DD isn't bad either. Doesn't flow as well as the first season but I still enjoyed it.

I still can't get myself to finish Luke Cage season 1 nor start with Iron First either.
0 x

storm84

Post by storm84 » 05 Sep 2018, 21:50

Nitephyre wrote:
22 Aug 2018, 19:51
On the other hand, Final Space on Netflix is shaping up to be fun :D
Just finished watching it. First 2 episodes I hated with a passion, then there was a hint of potential in episode 3, by about episode 7 I was getting pretty deeply into it. Pretty cool season overall.
0 x

Nekosan

Post by Nekosan » 08 Sep 2018, 12:20

Mugsy wrote:
05 Sep 2018, 17:46
kharis wrote:
05 Sep 2018, 14:59
ok so finished season 1 of daredevil, apparently i'm supposed to watch jessica jones season 1 before i watch season 2 for continuity?
WHAT?!?!?!

You haven't watched Daredevil Season 1 till now?

I haven't seen Season 2 of Jessica Jones yet but Season 1 was amazing! Wouldn't skip it just because of that.
Im not sure how anyone could like any of them other than Daredevil & Punisher. All the other shows were terrible.
0 x
steamcommunity.com/id/krautpants

kharis

Post by kharis » 08 Sep 2018, 23:25

Finished season 1 of Jessica jones. I enjoyed it. Thought the character was a bit annoying to start but she grew on me. Next is dd season 2 but I have a few things to finish up before I start another binge session so I might have a break for a few days
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 09 Sep 2018, 11:39

Glad you enjoyed JJ Season 1. Yeah, she's not very likeable at first and that first episode didn't do much for me either (nor did it for the receptionist at my last workplace when she watched it) but by I think episode 3 I was totally hooked (same with the receptionist).
0 x

storm84

Post by storm84 » 23 Sep 2018, 19:03

At the moment, flicking between 4 shows: Disenchanted, Bojack Horseman S5, Parks and Recreation, and Sons of Anarchy.

I'm liking Disenchanted, though it hasn't really gotten started. Both The Simpsons and Futurama took until season 3 to get good, so that it's showing any promise thus far is a positive. One of the things that I think is falling flat is the editing. With the network TV runtime, a lot of the weaker moments ended up on the cutting room floor (watch the deleted scenes of Futurama, for example), but with steaming the episodes are 8-10 minutes longer, those weaker moments are still in and it detracts slightly from the overall experience. Arrested Development S4 had that same problem, where the good writing was caught in between bloated scenes and weaker ideas.

Given the quality of the last few seasons of Bojack Horseman (again took a season to get going), I'd have expected the writers to be out of new ideas. But, no. Still as cynical, clever, emotionally devastating, and full of poignant and empathetic moments. Really enjoying this season so far, and the only thing is trying to pace the show out so it doesn't end so quickly.

I have a bit of a love-hate relationship with Parks and Recreation. It's a clever idea, and well executed, but that cringe-comedy style can be painful to watch at times. There's only so much one can watch someone else embarrass themselves before it ceases to be funny and starts just feeling wrong. Ricky Gervais' The Office balanced it well, but the American Office overdid it at times, and this show has the American version's same lack of subtlety.

It's taken a while for me to get into Sons of Anarchy. First season was very hit and miss, but I just finished the 2nd season and the show's improved immensely. Really getting into it now.
0 x

Yurtles

Post by Yurtles » 23 Sep 2018, 20:29

Season 5 of BoJack Horseman as well.

I don't actually remember the past seasons so well. But I'm pretty sure they didn't focus on the supporting characters nearly as much as they have this season. Only half way through at the moment, but it feels like a "We've run out of ideas with what to do with BoJack" sort of a season to me.
0 x
BorisBC wrote:Pro tip - if you have to spew in a car, spew down the (inside) front of your shirt. Trust me, it's a lot easier to clean spew off yourself than the interior of a car.

storm84

Post by storm84 » 23 Sep 2018, 20:54

From memory, 4 of the 12 episodes last season were about the supporting characters (See Mr Peanutbutter Run, Hooray! Todd Episode!, Ruthie, Time's Arrow) as well as the breakdown of Diane's marriage being a major plotline. Some of those episodes were the best in that season, along with the experimental Stupid Piece of Shit. So I don't mind the focus on other characters because they've fleshed those characters it enough that there's something interesting to explore with all of them.
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 24 Sep 2018, 00:22

Finally watched Gotham... pretty impressed actually! In the pilot there''s a guy that goes crazy in the police station and takes a gun, Jim Gordon then talks him down.. there was this vignette moment of 20 coppers all with their guns trained on this guy that really captured a comic-book feel. It's cool how it's layering in the villains of Batman's time as well.

Also looking forward to watching Maniacs, the new one with Emma Stone and Jonah Hill. All reports have it as a trip-fest.
0 x
TS: tms-1.games.on.net Channel: Mellie's Random Games Password: gonmellie

Yurtles

Post by Yurtles » 28 Sep 2018, 13:39

Finished with BoJack. It turned out fine in the end. I enjoyed it, no real complaints.

Started on Ozark season 2. Watch 5 or 6 episodes and stopped. It's gotten too formulaic. The plot takes one step forward, then two steps back. Every single time. I got tired of it.
0 x
BorisBC wrote:Pro tip - if you have to spew in a car, spew down the (inside) front of your shirt. Trust me, it's a lot easier to clean spew off yourself than the interior of a car.

Yurtles

Post by Yurtles » 29 Sep 2018, 20:40

Third season of Lethal Weapon has started (With Seann William Scott instead of the guy who played Riggs). I thought the first episode was pretty good.
0 x

kharis

Post by kharis » 29 Sep 2018, 21:02

the good place is back, yay!
0 x

storm84

Post by storm84 » 29 Sep 2018, 21:15

kharis wrote:
29 Sep 2018, 21:02
Yay indeed.

EDIT: these attempts at an Australian accent are painful. I feel like I've died and gone to the bad place.
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 29 Sep 2018, 21:31

Watched the first 3 episodes of Star Trek Discovery at dinner at my bro's place tonight. Quite enjoyed it.
0 x

kharis

Post by kharis » 30 Sep 2018, 08:20

storm84 wrote:
kharis wrote:
29 Sep 2018, 21:02
Yay indeed.

EDIT: these attempts at an Australian accent are painful. I feel like I've died and gone to the bad place.
I agree I’m just assuming they’re doing it on purpose, makes it slightly easier
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 05 Oct 2018, 19:55

Finally catching up on the 'new' Doctor Who. I'd only really watched part of season 2, so I read the wiki for season one, and have been watching from mid-season 2. Up to season 4 (3 episodes to go). Very cool how they've developed the past of the time lords... gallifrey was just a cool sounding planet back when I was watching the original series (live to air, eek). Also the interweaving of storylines is inspired... Captain Jack is the Face of Bo? Bad Wolf? The cute welsh lady from Torchwood? And on and on...

Love it :)
0 x

Disco

Post by Disco » 05 Oct 2018, 20:20

Is anyone else watching Mr Inbetween? I fucking love this show
0 x
Nekosan wrote:
29 Mar 2018, 00:36
Disco is fkn banned from the flamethrower. :lol:

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 05 Oct 2018, 20:45

DarkMellie wrote:
05 Oct 2018, 19:55
Finally catching up on the 'new' Doctor Who. I'd only really watched part of season 2, so I read the wiki for season one, and have been watching from mid-season 2. Up to season 4 (3 episodes to go). Very cool how they've developed the past of the time lords... gallifrey was just a cool sounding planet back when I was watching the original series (live to air, eek). Also the interweaving of storylines is inspired... Captain Jack is the Face of Bo? Bad Wolf? The cute welsh lady from Torchwood? And on and on...

Love it :)
Man, I'd love to go back and experience the current run of Doctor Who afresh again. They've done well with it and I'm looking forward to Jodie Whittaker's take in a few days time.

But you need to watch Season 1 sometime mate... the CGI hasn't aged too well but Christopher Eccelston's performance as the Doctor shouldn't be missed.
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 05 Oct 2018, 21:19

Jodie Whittaker looks AMAZING... very very doc-like.

Mentioned it to a mate and he was all "i don't have issues with gender stuff but did she have to be female. I don't mind watching it but why do they have to mess with it.

The things you find out about your friends.
0 x

Yurtles

Post by Yurtles » Today, 12:30

Ant Man and the Wasp. Actually really liked it. It's been a long time since I enjoyed a Marvel movie all the way from start to finish, I didn't think they had it in them to make a movie like that anymore.
0 x