Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Yurtles

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by Yurtles » 23 Sep 2018, 22:44

NBN (fttn) available at my house now! Apparently. Blah. I really can't be arsed going through the process of working all that stuff out. I think I'll just stick with ADSL for a couple months, see if any decent deals or information filters through in the meantime.
0 x
BorisBC wrote:Pro tip - if you have to spew in a car, spew down the (inside) front of your shirt. Trust me, it's a lot easier to clean spew off yourself than the interior of a car.

Nekosan

Post by Nekosan » 24 Sep 2018, 16:38

MuscularTeeth wrote:
19 Sep 2018, 11:31
i picked up some glazing rolls today at a shop we use.
there is a new guy serving me (been using them for decade or two now)
young lad.
he had either a tat removed or he had scarred himself with a nazi tattoo on his forearm. it wasnt obvious, but there.

i dont know how i feel about it.
should i raise it with my rep or their management. if he has changed his life around and had a tat removed, who am i to get him into needless trouble. he just should wear long sleeves.
otherwise he is a fucking nazi and shouldnt be there at all...
Maybe he's just a Buddhist(or any religion for that matter, it's one of the oldest symbols on earth, used symbolically by basically every civilization ever because it's the simplest form to make a reed basket) who got sick of being called a Nazi?

Entirely possible the young guy just hasnt had the money for a coverup yet, get him fired (which is almost certainly what would happen in this day and age) and it might push him back in.
0 x
steamcommunity.com/id/krautpants

Disco

Post by Disco » 24 Sep 2018, 16:43

Without a shadow of a doubt if I'd had access when I was 14-17 I'd have ended up with a swastika tattoo, I was misguided and American History X was my favourite movie for all the wrong reasons. Luckily I didn't have the opportunity to fuck myself up that way and moved on from the whole skinhead culture (if you can call it that)
0 x
Nekosan wrote:
29 Mar 2018, 00:36
Disco is fkn banned from the flamethrower. :lol:

Bicketybam

Post by Bicketybam » 24 Sep 2018, 19:35

In this day and age it seems we aren't allowed to learn from our mistakes. We can't have old tattoos and we can't have said something in a public forum without people being offended many years later and wanting that person to suffer. FFS, why do we have prisons even? Let every criminal big or small just be killed when found guilty, that way they have paid for their mistake. Fuck em.

In the case of the tatt, someone has already mentioned a possible excuse. We don't know that person's full history, we don't know what they have done, we should only judge them (if we even have that right) on their current actions. He's tried to erase a mistake (?) and yet people still want him to suffer for it. Love this planet!
0 x

storm84

Post by storm84 » 24 Sep 2018, 19:46

Off topic, but the notion of prison as a rehabilitation isn't even given lip service these days. It's a punishment, and a way to keep undesirables out of society as long as possible. Don't think a politician could get elected these days arguing for better rehabilitation programmes for inmates, meanwhile our current PM gets plaudits for being tough by changing a really long prison sentence to a slightly longer one.
0 x

Nekosan

Post by Nekosan » 24 Sep 2018, 19:55

storm84 wrote:
24 Sep 2018, 19:46
Off topic, but the notion of prison as a rehabilitation isn't even given lip service these days. It's a punishment, and a way to keep undesirables out of society as long as possible. Don't think a politician could get elected these days arguing for better rehabilitation programmes for inmates, meanwhile our current PM gets plaudits for being tough by changing a really long prison sentence to a slightly longer one.
I'd say that notion is outdated too. Prisons are about your politician mates kicking you business and getting paid per head.
0 x
steamcommunity.com/id/krautpants

storm84

Post by storm84 » 24 Sep 2018, 19:59

And it's entirely fucked that we've gone down the path of not understanding people as they are now and judging them by who they were or what they did at any point in their lives. And it's even more fucked in that we are living in a pluralistic society where different groups have different norms that we conform to. So by the accident of birth, experience, and circumstance, we're meant to have always lived a virtuous life to a ever-changing and mutually-incompatible standards?!
0 x

storm84

Post by storm84 » 24 Sep 2018, 20:03

Nekosan wrote:
24 Sep 2018, 19:55
I'd say that notion is outdated too. Prisons are about your politician mates kicking you business and getting paid per head.
Identifying incarceration. What could possibly go wrong...

Though I didn't think private prisons were such a big thing in Aus. 9 out of 101 prisons are private according to Google, though that's 9 too many.
0 x

CherryRed

Post by CherryRed » 26 Sep 2018, 09:20

Just realised I've never really updated my contents insurance from when I bought our place over 10 years ago so I've just gone in and done that. I only had $2000 coverage for electronics (which would have been my TV and a shitty cheap laptop) which CLEARLY wouldn't be sufficient these days so I've bumped that significantly to cover theft of smart phones, tablets, laptops, smart watches, games consoles, PC, etc and bumped our contents coverage in general by $70k.

So yeah, PSA, if it's been years since you've reviewed yours, get onto that :)
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 26 Sep 2018, 09:35

CherryRed wrote:Just realised I've never really updated my contents insurance from when I bought our place over 10 years ago so I've just gone in and done that. I only had $2000 coverage for electronics (which would have been my TV and a shitty cheap laptop) which CLEARLY wouldn't be sufficient these days so I've bumped that significantly to cover theft of smart phones, tablets, laptops, smart watches, games consoles, PC, etc and bumped our contents coverage in general by $70k.

So yeah, PSA, if it's been years since you've reviewed yours, get onto that :)
Also very worthwhile to shop around for better prices (youi's ads are bullshit, everyone can save somewhere). This is due to changes in your age, claim history, location and so on (actuary table to be exact).

Out there for each of us is an insurer who prices our risk really low (i know many motor insurers that specifically hate; young males or females, west oz, types of cars, types of houses, etc).

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

0 x
TS: tms-1.games.on.net Channel: Mellie's Random Games Password: gonmellie

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 27 Sep 2018, 21:10

Starting another 4 weeks of $50 spends at Coles for another 10k points.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:
02 Dec 2018, 21:33
It'll look amazing shoved up his ass if he doesn't actually learn to play the fucking thing.

storm84

Post by storm84 » 27 Sep 2018, 21:34

Mine's at $100 a week. Suppose that's how they get you.
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 27 Sep 2018, 22:42

Does your weekly shopping usually get up around $100/wk normally?

I've been able to keep mine down to a few dollars over $50 consistently (but then I'm in a household of 1 so $50 is a stretch most weeks). The last deal they sent me was a 2800 points for a $70 spend which doesn't work out as well as the 2500 per $50 spend in the 4 week deal so I didn't jump on it. I'm guessing that's why they gave me another round of 10k at $50/week.

I'll probably do this to get me around 40k points and I should probably stop and slowly chip away at the $10 discount per shop.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:
It'll look amazing shoved up his ass if he doesn't actually learn to play the fucking thing.

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 27 Sep 2018, 22:46

Huh? How the hell did I shoot from 28800 points to 34,770 points all of a sudden? Am doing up my shopping list atm and just noticed this. Weird.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Disco

Post by Disco » 28 Sep 2018, 08:37

Bring on the long weekend, it's 8.37AM and I am over today already
0 x
Nekosan wrote:

Mini

Post by Mini » 28 Sep 2018, 09:05

Loving my day off so far... Also love a stupid holiday "Day before Grand Final"
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Disco

Post by Disco » 28 Sep 2018, 09:45

I hate you Victorian bastards :P Although we have Monday off so eh
0 x
Nekosan wrote:

CherryRed

Post by CherryRed » 28 Sep 2018, 10:36

We usually spend around $150/week at the grocery store, give or take - but that's everything, we don't buy lunches throughout the week or make little trips to the shops every other day to grab a few things and it also includes cleaning products, dog food, personal products, meat, etc. One of the biggest expenses in it is soft drink, Disco only drinks Coke No Sugar and I can't have artificial sweetener so if we're both out of soft drink then $40+ of that is easily soft drink.
0 x

Otto-matic Reiffel

Post by Otto-matic Reiffel » 28 Sep 2018, 11:00

That's a lot of soft drink. Might be able to save some decent cash with sodastream/sodaking, plus you get the fun of making your own flavours.
0 x

storm84

Post by storm84 » 28 Sep 2018, 11:23

Mugsy wrote:
27 Sep 2018, 22:42
Does your weekly shopping usually get up around $100/wk normally?
Fluctuates from around 80 to 120 at the moment for the two of us, plus the occasional smaller trip. When we have the target amount, we definitely spend more than without the target amount, which is what they're trying to do with the points incentive. I'm just annoyed it's changing my behaviour to make me spend more...

*sigh* at least blueberries are in season.

(I should probably add that I'm not sure if I'll spending more, but my shopping has changed from going for 2-3 smaller trips a week, to 1-2 where one is a big shop. The only thing I can say is that I'll definitely shopping more in Coles and spending more when I shop, but whether this represents a greater grocery consumption is another matter. 12 months ago we had to get to 70 a week for 4 weeks and that was a struggle.)
0 x

CherryRed

Post by CherryRed » 28 Sep 2018, 14:45

Otto-matic Reiffel wrote:
28 Sep 2018, 11:00
That's a lot of soft drink. Might be able to save some decent cash with sodastream/sodaking, plus you get the fun of making your own flavours.
It's not every week, just some weeks if it happens to fall that we're both out. Takes me 3+ weeks to drink a carton of soft drink. We had a soda stream and I had a couple of issues, firstly that it just seemed to go flat really quickly and the second being that sometimes I wanted to take a drink with me somewhere and it wasn't convenient at all.
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 28 Sep 2018, 17:01

The long weekend has started.... Yeeeehah!
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

CherryRed

Post by CherryRed » 28 Sep 2018, 20:10

So excited for the long weekend!
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 28 Sep 2018, 21:27

Yeah, 3 days of sleeping in for me!

Well, maybe I'll head out to the local cake shop for breakfast on Sunday

And hitting $50 for my first week in this round of Coles bonus points was easier than expected. Cetaphil was on sale... so I bought extra face wash. Almost out of my current one too. Had to hold off buying some stuff actually so I don't exceed $50 by too much and have Coles make it $60 next time - lol
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

CherryRed

Post by CherryRed » 29 Sep 2018, 09:22

All of our "plans" are today, then we have 2 days to chill.

I have a nail appointment this morning, the puppers are off to the groomer this afternoon, I need to place a grocery order and then we are meeting my cousin and her husband so the boys can see Predator and the girls can see A Simple Favour before heading out to Smoking Brothers together for some delicious eats.

Inbetween all that I'd like to get the housework/laundry sorted so the rest of the weekend is for relaxing.

It's not terribly warm but a ride on the Harley would have been nice, now out of the question as a bolt has come loose which means I don't have a sissy bar.
0 x