Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Mugsy

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by Mugsy » 29 Sep 2018, 12:00

CherryRed wrote:
29 Sep 2018, 09:22
Inbetween all that I'd like to get the housework/laundry sorted so the rest of the weekend is for relaxing.
This... so far I've just chilled.
0 x

CherryRed

Post by CherryRed » 29 Sep 2018, 12:08

Best husband in the world sorted out the laundry, cleaned the bathroom and toilet, mowed the lawns, weeded and did the dishes whilst I was off having my nails done.
0 x

Nekosan

Post by Nekosan » 29 Sep 2018, 19:40

I'm cursed, every time i have a long weekend or a week off my entire house is full of visitors.
0 x
steamcommunity.com/id/krautpants

CherryRed

Post by CherryRed » 02 Oct 2018, 11:14

Anyone else on a health kick with the impending arrival of day light savings? Thinking about doing a separate thread for it if there's a few people on the band wagon.
0 x

storm84

Post by storm84 » 02 Oct 2018, 12:42

I'm currently on one, though it's a general health kick rather than a seasonal one.
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 02 Oct 2018, 13:02

I am never on a health kick... and the closest I will go to one is walking and riding a bit more during this time of year.
I have bad eating habits, and don't want to change yet...
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

CherryRed

Post by CherryRed » 02 Oct 2018, 13:30

storm84 wrote:
02 Oct 2018, 12:42
I'm currently on one, though it's a general health kick rather than a seasonal one.
We always kick it up a notch around this time of year - Disco and I both struggle with winter and general healthiness, the cold seems to call for heartier meals and hibernation. The longer days and warmer weather seems to get us to re-focus.

We're being more accountable with our food, Disco has me lifting weights with him and we're out walking the puppers etc. Just thinking about doing a daily check-in/accountability thread if there's some interest. If not, no biggie, there's a few on reddit that I'll chime in on instead :)
Mini wrote:
02 Oct 2018, 13:02
I am never on a health kick... and the closest I will go to one is walking and riding a bit more during this time of year.
I have bad eating habits, and don't want to change yet...
You're a bit like my mum used to be I think Mini, she was a twig (53kg her entire life, except when pregnant) and could literally eat and drink whatever she wanted and that never changed. Of course, thin doesn't necessarily equal healthy though.

She'd put butter on her pizza, eat ice cream every night, drink full fat lattes, she just didn't gain weight. As someone with a pretty significant hormone disorder, weight has always been a struggle for me, and my mum was drop dead gorgeous in her day which just made shit hard as she just had no clue how to help me.

She's now in her mid-60's and still rockin' it for her age, but the weight thing has changed, she's gone from a size 6-8 to a size 14 (depending on brand) and whilst she's not enormous by any extent of the imagination you can see that she's more self conscious now and that she's feels 'uncomfortable' with the extra weight. On the upside, she's stopped giving me a hard time about weight because she now knows that it takes a lot more effort and dedication to lose it than she ever really believed.
0 x

storm84

Post by storm84 » 02 Oct 2018, 14:06

I'm happy to do a daily check in, since I'm a bit of a stats nerd I keep track of everything anyway. Putting goals public, psychologically-speaking, gives one a better chance of achieving one's goals. So I'll try contributing to any thread one the matter. :)
0 x

CherryRed

Post by CherryRed » 02 Oct 2018, 15:03

Ok, I've created it... might end up just being you, me and Disco on there Storm but whatevs... for anyone else, it doesn't have to just be physical health, if you want to put a plan in action and check in daily for mental health goals or whatever, feel free to join us:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3693&p=53942#p53942
0 x

CherryRed

Post by CherryRed » 03 Oct 2018, 09:11

The wonderful thing about working with volunteers is that you generally have a bunch of highly motivated individuals who literally work for the love of it, because they enjoy what they do and they believe in the cause.

The difficult thing about working with volunteers is that they are not paid, therefore SOME people can be a bit flimsy when it comes to reliability and punctuality and/or can be a bit too care free about communicating absences etc.

On Sunday the first Admin for the day didn't show up, left a voicemail message on the landline to say she wasn't coming (who exactly did she think was going to retrieve the message when she was the first person on shift???) instead of calling the on-call staff member (me) as per the weekend newsletter which is sent out every friday. The second and only other Admin for the day text an hour before her shift to say she wasn't able to make it, she was working instead. The housekeeping volunteer for the day rocked up 3 hours late for his shift.

On Monday, the Admin person who was meant to start at 8am had to be called by the overnight volunteer who wanted to verbally explain what had happened with incoming families overnight - overnight person rang the Admin at 8.30am, she was still asleep! Everyone else pre-cancelled their shift for that day, so my overnight person who had only had 2 hours sleep had to wait around until 9.30am for the Admin to show up.

This morning, I have contractors in repairing walls from 9am-2pm who can't be left unattended, ALL of my volunteers working between 8am-1pm texted this morning to cancel their shifts and I have a medical appointment at 10.30am which I can't miss, so now I've had to frantically reach out to other (more reliable) team members to see if someone can come in for 60-90 minutes just to provide some coverage so I can at least attend my medical appointment.

People also regularly give me like 2 days notice they will be away and when I ask why they're like "Oh, I'm going to China on a holiday!" --- You couldn't have communicated that when you booked your trip 4 months ago?

I honestly do appreciate everything they do... but after the last few days, and with the only other staff member here being on leave, I'm so fucking frustrated.
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 03 Oct 2018, 12:45

Cherry, you're a much stronger person than I am to be dealing with that crap.

I'm of the opinion that people who can't take sufficient responsibility really don't care as much as they say they do. But our PC society doesn't like that opinion which just further gives people the excuse to continue being unreliable.
0 x

CherryRed

Post by CherryRed » 03 Oct 2018, 13:50

Our weekday team are generally amazing, as are our overnight team... it's the weekend team that seem to be the most difficult.

They're a younger group of people and their level of commitment/dedication is generally not as strong as the rest of the team, they often have conflicts such as social events or trips away BUT we really struggle to get enough volunteers for weekend shifts so if I lose my shit at them for unreliability and they quit completely, I've kinda cut off my nose to spite my face as I don't have enough people as it is.

When your team work for 'free' you have to be somewhat careful in how you manage them, it's an art that I'm still learning. The way I would have dealt with this when I was in mining -v- how I deal with it now is completely different. You have to tread carefully.

I haven't jumped at dealing with this yet as the Executive Officer is away and I'd like to discuss it with her first, but I expect we'll be sending a communication out to our weekend volunteers only reminding them of the importance of their roles, and the requirement for them to be punctual and communicate immediately with the on-call staff member if anything is different to the scheduled shift times etc.
0 x

CherryRed

Post by CherryRed » 04 Oct 2018, 15:51

Communication has been sent out to the weekend team surrounding expectations on attendance and punctuality, and the process to follow should they be late, need to leave early or be unable to attend at short notice. Lets see how many people quit.

In better news, both mine and Disco's annual leave has been approved for our cruise... don't know if Nekosan's got his approved yet though :lol:
0 x

Disco

Post by Disco » 04 Oct 2018, 18:15

So after growing my beard and wearing a beard for 9 months and 14 days, I've finally gone clean shaven .. it feels so weird, the good news is that I have lost weight and look far skinnier than I expected lol
0 x
Nekosan wrote:
29 Mar 2018, 00:36
Disco is fkn banned from the flamethrower. :lol:

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 04 Oct 2018, 20:54

Currently can't decide if I should put in an application for an 8 month relieving opportunity at work. It's in a different group and much different to what I currently do. More engagement and negotiation based than project delivery based from what I've been told which isn't the type of work that thrills me but I could do it none the less.

The annoying part is that it's higher pay... enough to cover off the incoming body corp loan payments I'll be slugged.
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 04 Oct 2018, 22:29

The talk of finances above reminded me that I still hadn't sorted out my tax return for this year. Everything sent to the accountant now.
0 x

Nitephyre

Post by Nitephyre » 06 Oct 2018, 13:44

Mugsy wrote:
15 Sep 2018, 19:48
Nitephyre wrote:
15 Sep 2018, 18:31
I can one-up you on that Mugsy. I had them connect NBN a week ago after moving into my new place. I had it for the weekend and then on Monday I had no sync... and I've still got no sync. Still haven't heard back from them which is a shame, as I have my mobile with them (no problems) and I've been with them for VOIP for around 10yrs.

I'm probably just going to have to get a tech out myself and cough up, as it's too annoying to go through the real-estate, then have to have a day off yadda yadda.

Good job NBN, not thrilling me so far :P
OK, you win. I'll quit complaining. At least I can still get into Diablo 3 for a few games.

On a more positive note, i had catch up with my bro... nice tapas dinner and a beer as payment for massaging my sore left trap. Good to hear that his massage business is picking up.
So I finally got it back and stable since Wednesday. If it stays connected until next Wednesday I'll inform them to close the ticket then process crediting the month I had no internet :roll:
0 x
Mugsy wrote:
09 Oct 2018, 21:26
I got nothing for ya... I was raised to not do things I wouldn't want done to myself. And that's why anal sex is off the agenda.

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 06 Oct 2018, 20:00

Nitephyre wrote:
06 Oct 2018, 13:44
Mugsy wrote:
15 Sep 2018, 19:48
Nitephyre wrote:
15 Sep 2018, 18:31
I can one-up you on that Mugsy. I had them connect NBN a week ago after moving into my new place. I had it for the weekend and then on Monday I had no sync... and I've still got no sync. Still haven't heard back from them which is a shame, as I have my mobile with them (no problems) and I've been with them for VOIP for around 10yrs.

I'm probably just going to have to get a tech out myself and cough up, as it's too annoying to go through the real-estate, then have to have a day off yadda yadda.

Good job NBN, not thrilling me so far :P
OK, you win. I'll quit complaining. At least I can still get into Diablo 3 for a few games.

On a more positive note, i had catch up with my bro... nice tapas dinner and a beer as payment for massaging my sore left trap. Good to hear that his massage business is picking up.
So I finally got it back and stable since Wednesday. If it stays connected until next Wednesday I'll inform them to close the ticket then process crediting the month I had no internet :roll:
Nice!

I the mess with my internet got sorted out too eventually... we were just at the whim of the ISP but I had chatted with their complaints department about the technician not being able to see any issues on their end when it was indeed an issue at their end and costing me a technician callout. This has been credited to my account at least so I'm not at a loss at the end of the day.
0 x

storm84

Post by storm84 » 07 Oct 2018, 12:04

Daylight savings is here. It's gonna screw with me tomorrow morning, but at least it won't be dark when I leave work.
0 x

kittycatArcane

Post by kittycatArcane » 07 Oct 2018, 18:55

There is a rumour being circulated about me and another at work. I don't know where it started from. I didn't fucking do anything to any of these people except criticize someone not doing their job in my department (a complaint delivered to my manager).
I hate everything.
0 x
Edon Characters: Fade Draschen, Kreznomaar Vorin, Aedvulf, Arkuel Fay'drithe, Kaillyn Cylvaril, Kyreen Fay'drithe

Mini

Post by Mini » 08 Oct 2018, 16:15

People are arseholes... Hope things get sorted quickly Kitty and it doesn't get too ridiculous. Some people have nothing better to do than circulate rumours though.

Also daylight savings starting the day before school goes back is painful... For both me and the kids
0 x

uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Disco

Post by Disco » 08 Oct 2018, 16:16

You don't own a gun right, kittycatArcane?
0 x
Nekosan wrote:

CherryRed

Post by CherryRed » 08 Oct 2018, 16:19

The transition at this time of year is challenging, it's really hard to sort your sleep routine out - that one hour adjustment just fucks everyone in the ass. I do adore daylight savings once my sleep schedule adjusts though. Warmer weather, longer days, back on the Harley, less time in front of screens and more time out doing all the things, ya know?
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 08 Oct 2018, 16:25

I like this time of the year... once we get past about mid November (If that late) then it is too hot outside to do anything between 11 and 4... and too hot to sleep at night.
But getting my sleep back to some semblance of a schedule is going to take a bit this year.
0 x

uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Disco

Post by Disco » 08 Oct 2018, 16:51

Yeah once you get past the first few days of it seeming like 9PM way sooner than it should be, it settles into a groove
0 x
Nekosan wrote: