Player Attack TV:what would people like to see next year

Games news, interviews, episodes, behind-the-scenes... All The Things.
Punkley
Site Admin

Player Attack TV:what would people like to see next year

Post by Punkley » 23 Dec 2015, 00:20

Hi guys, wondering what people would like to see next year.

I'm not talking about a review of a one game or another, I'm talking about types of segments, or more of this or more of that.

Let us know so we can improve the show
0 x

DadusFly

Re: Player Attack TV:what would people like to see next year

Post by DadusFly » 23 Dec 2015, 00:36

I do have some ideas, it would be great to chat.
0 x

Punkley
Site Admin

Post by Punkley » 23 Dec 2015, 01:20

well there is PM icon on my profile, chat away :)
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 23 Dec 2015, 08:26

Maybe some reviews of games that are at the 12month old mark.
Especially multiplayer games, let people know how alive or dead they are.

As it is always interesting to see how things like Battlefront and Battlefield 4 have fared after the initial fanfare.
Especially when they come up as discounted games fairly regularly after that first 12 months.
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

DadusFly

Post by DadusFly » 23 Dec 2015, 09:31

These aren't exactly fully formed ideas, more possible concepts but here goes.
Featured Soundtrack of the week.
Featured Indie Game of the week.
Featured Retro game "
I've always liked the idea of a small segment dedicated to tips n tricks, in particular for younger kids.
I also like @Mini's idea, I only see it as being a game a week though, short little expose eg: explaining how evolve is genuinely an interesting game albeit with an extremely small player base
As I said, not exactly fully formed yet but would enjoy possibly figuring it out with you guys.
0 x

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 23 Dec 2015, 12:35

Mini wrote:Maybe some reviews of games that are at the 12month old mark.
Especially multiplayer games, let people know how alive or dead they are.
We did just that this year with at least one game - Marvel Heroes. Though it was more at the 2 year mark. :)
Definitely something we could do again for a game that deserves a second look. Or a first look, if we didn't get to it when it initially launched. :oops:
1 x
"Me ate truck once." - Cookie Monster
Player Attack! - Diablo 3 Clan Details

GamingKen

Post by GamingKen » 15 Jan 2016, 22:31

I've been thinking about this on and off since it was first posted and every time my thoughts come back to the basics. Reviews, reviews, reviews. Generally when I watch any show like this I am watching it for the reviews more than anything else. I like seeing game footage and being given a good run down on what a game is like. Cover a couple of those per episode and I'm generally a happy viewer.

I notice a few mentions of "retro" in the comments here, or a look back at a games that iare older than 12 months old. I kind of like this idea. A "Retro Review" every now and then would make for some interesting viewing. Not that it needs to be an ancient C64 game or anything, but maybe define retro as something more than 10 years old. Lets see how well some of the classics stack up when replayed after 10+ years.

One of the last episodes of Good Game for 2015 went on location to look at a VR system being run in a warehouse, where users actually move in a true 3D space. This was a really unique look at gaming that isn't possible in the home, and I wonder what other ventures are out there that are similarly interesting. Remembering the likes of Time Zone and Laser Tag in my younger days makes me miss what was often a great social outing. It would be good to see where gaming is going as a social outing these days, and that could include things like gaming events/shows, chip tune concerts, attending esports, lan events, as well as the likes of larger gaming experiences such as the VR one mentioned. I know RaceRoom Experience (Meh game, but good concept) were trying to set up Sim Racing centres around the world awhile back, with cockpits setups for people to come spend time in. These kind of things also exist to some degree in Australia now. So, stepping outside from the four walls at home, where is gaming going as a social event in 2016 and beyond? I could see that being an interesting ongoing segment every now and then.

But ultimately I think it is the basics that would keep me watching, and hopefully other viewers. Thoughtful, well rounded reviews and previews of games, together with some basic gaming news/events coverage, with a dash of things from outside of the box.
0 x