English Premier League

Yes, and eSports too!
LoudHoward

English Premier League

Post by LoudHoward » 08 Nov 2015, 11:15

So, any fans of the EPL here?

Obviously, if there are, with the current state of the league we should all be able to come together and enjoy the season that Chelsea are giving us, bless them.

0 x
**Floating on GON refugee boat** "Please don't tow me back!"

.♥. Cupcake .♥.

Re: English Premier League

Post by .♥. Cupcake .♥. » 08 Nov 2015, 22:08

Yes! Never heard of it 4 years ago, but then since I was dating a football crazed Liverpool fan, I learnt slowly. And now I have a soft spot for them :)
Especially now when things are getting interesting with a new crazy German leading..
0 x

LoudHoward

Post by LoudHoward » 08 Nov 2015, 23:17

.♥. Cupcake .♥. wrote:...Liverpool... And now I have a soft spot for them :)
Oh well, no ones perfect :D That said, with Klopp in charge I do dislike them less, he's a great character to have in the league.
0 x

solo0017

Post by solo0017 » 09 Nov 2015, 10:34

Yep, Newcastle United fan, here (stop laughing). Watched our 'win' against AFC Bournemouth over the weekend - we were horrible. I actually feel sorry for any Bournemouth fans out there as they should have easily won that game but for the game-of-a-lifetime performance from Robbie Elliot between the sticks.

I'm also happy with Chelski losing many of their games. Happy to check back to this thread throughout the season and put in my two-cents worth from an NUFC fan's point of view.
0 x

LoudHoward

Post by LoudHoward » 09 Nov 2015, 12:12

I watched the last half of your game this weekend Solo, you were lucky to hang on for the win, but points are points!

As for Arsenal, well, at least we didn't lose to Sp*rs last night. Özil keeps his assist run going, he's having an epic season so far. Hopefully after the break we get a few injured players back, bloody Arsenal injury crisisisesesesies, every damn year ragh!
0 x

solo0017

Post by solo0017 » 25 Nov 2015, 10:27

Well, another dismal display from NUFC over the weekend. I really don't know how things can just get seemingly worse week after week. McClaren will have a lot of work to do during the week to get them playing something that resembles a cohesive game of football before facing Crystal Palace. Not to take anything away from Leicester City as they are flying at the moment and I hope that Jamie Vardy can break van Nistelrooy's record next weekend in front his home crowd. Nice to see Liverpool smash Manchester City but a pity Chelsea won. Saying that, 1-0 against Norwich at Stamford Bridge isn't anything to really get excited about - they did manage a 3-0 win in the Champions League overnight though.

Things had best improve at the Benton training ground during the week or another loss could see more upheaval in the managerial seat. The fact that McClaren's on the club board might make that a bit tricky though.
0 x

Nekosan

Post by Nekosan » 25 Nov 2015, 17:16

Wrong country brah

0 x
steamcommunity.com/id/krautpants

korbain

Post by korbain » 06 Feb 2016, 20:54

Been a Man United fan pretty much all my life, my uncle from Ireland is a big fan and brought me a jersey when he visited in 94. Obviously wasn't able to watch the EPL till later in life due the time zone differences lol

Having a pretty up and down season. Hopefully we can beat Chelsea tomorrow night!
0 x

brimlad

Post by brimlad » 20 May 2016, 17:19

FA cup on sbs this sunday morning, can Crystal Palace do a Leicester; would certainly make for a great english season... I'll be watching :)
0 x

brimlad

Post by brimlad » 22 May 2016, 12:47

LoudHoward wrote:So, any fans of the EPL here?

Obviously, if there are, with the current state of the league we should all be able to come together and enjoy the season that Chelsea are giving us, bless them.

haha he's back at MU :D

and that was a great FA cup final, Palace were under the pump for most of the game but punched through with the first goal, MU came back strong and were deserving winners, great game... good EPL season !
0 x

storm84

Post by storm84 » 25 May 2016, 19:12

Now Man Utd can be hated both because they're Man Utd and will play a boring cynical style.
0 x

korbain

Post by korbain » 06 Jun 2016, 22:43

storm84 wrote:Now Man Utd can be hated both because they're Man Utd and will play a boring cynical style.
We were playing boring football under LVG anyway...I really hope Mourinho doesn't bring more boring football to United, need a manager that brings back the fast attacking style they were known for. Interested to see how it goes anyway
0 x

storm84

Post by storm84 » 08 Jun 2016, 16:36

They should have tried Giggs out.
0 x

brimlad

Post by brimlad » 10 Jun 2016, 13:19

I still don't understand how the wheels fell off the Chelsea bus; Mourinho still has a lot to offer and should do well at MU.

and the euro championship kick off this weekend, should be a great month of football :D
0 x

korbain

Post by korbain » 26 Jun 2016, 21:47

storm84 wrote:They should have tried Giggs out.
I agree, big time. Feel a bit sorry for him that he was overlooked again, hopefully he gets a proper chance to manage United in the future.
brimlad wrote:I still don't understand how the wheels fell off the Chelsea bus; Mourinho still has a lot to offer and should do well at MU.

and the euro championship kick off this weekend, should be a great month of football :D
I personally think a few of their key players just had a massive form slump, Mourinho expects his big players to perform and probably wasn't happy with how they were playing. Was just a clash of ego's and i think the players just carried on like a bunch of kids until Mourinho got sacked.

Here's a fine example of what one of Chelsea's star players was giving not long before mourinho got sacked...

0 x

brimlad

Post by brimlad » 27 Jun 2016, 15:17

good korbain, I suspect your right on the money with the ego angle, probably Mourinho major failing is his ego which has been fuelled by his success; be interesting to see how both teams go next year.

and poor messi missing a plenty in the penalty shoot out this morning in the final against chile... he was crushed

gotta say I love a penalty shootout :)
0 x

brimlad

Post by brimlad » 28 Jun 2016, 08:44

not a good week for england...
and the opposite of the iceman... lol
0 x

storm84

Post by storm84 » 28 Jun 2016, 22:32

That Icelandic commentator made my day. That kind of passion is something commentators should show more often.
0 x

brimlad

Post by brimlad » 01 Jul 2016, 08:11

he's brilliant would be nice to stream his commetary for the next match.

and how good are penalties 5-3 portugal, the game was a tad dull though.

and this is an interesting move bu MU signing Zlatan Ibrahimovic, now Mourinho will have 3 ego's to manage his own and Zlatan's 2 lol
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-07-01/f ... ic/7559858
0 x

brimlad

Post by brimlad » 11 Jul 2016, 12:54

parabens portugal... how good was that :D

Portugal European champions 2016; great game, tense and full of drama and some good explosive football. France had their chances, plenty of them but couldn't deliver a goal and much credit to the Portuguese defence the back 4 solid as could be and Pepe redeemed his woeful world cup performance... N1 Pepe.

and Ronaldo, poor Ronaldo injured and subbed at the 25 minute, I bet all of France thought the trophy was theirs but the Portuguese demonstrated they are more than a one hit wonder, great effort, great game.

and I should say I'm a tad biased as my grandfather was Portuguese :D
and they will party in Portugal for months !
0 x

storm84

Post by storm84 » 11 Jul 2016, 16:13

That strike was pretty amazing (and quite unexpected given the flow of the game), though everyone in Portugal should make sure Rui Patrício is never wanting for a drink after his performance in goal. Some of those saves were pretty spectacular. Perhaps France should have done more with their chances, but full credit to the Portugal defence.
0 x

brimlad

Post by brimlad » 12 Jul 2016, 11:02

Rui was brilliant great keeping effort and I think he got keeper of the tournament and that goal, clever clever; the strike was masked by the defender, keeper didn't see it till it passed the defender and then it was to late bang on target, great goal. and Eder has a tragic back story essentially homeless upbringing discovered football and now he's a national hero.
was watching the Portuguese news on sbs this morning and the country is in one big party mode, think they'll be partying for a few weeks.

0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 02 Aug 2016, 10:25

So, the new season starts in 10 days (I think?)

Is anyone up for a tipping or fantasy team season?

I signed up for Optus's free year of being able to watch it, so I may as well make the most of it.
Just need to remember to cancel it when the free period ends.
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

brimlad

Post by brimlad » 03 Aug 2016, 08:00

I'd be up for a epl tipping comp, I'm a Chelsea fan so always take an interest in the league; I'll look into what optus is offering this season.

and this is how you score a goal, awesome :D

0 x

korbain

Post by korbain » 08 Aug 2016, 23:33

EPL season nearly here. WOOOO! though i really shouldn't be excited it's not live on foxtel anymore so i have to wait 24 hours to watch them on the specific club channels...:(

I need to move the UK or something haha
0 x