Nintendo Switch Presentation Recap

Player Attack News straight from the horse's mouth
NewsBot

Nintendo Switch Presentation Recap

Post by NewsBot » 13 Jan 2017, 18:08

Today Nintendo has properly pulled back the covers on their new console, the Nintendo Switch, and given us a better look at how it all works, along with some of the games we'll be playing. Most importantly of all, they've announced both the release date and the retail price!
The post Nintendo Switch Presentation Recap appeared first on Player Attack.

Read more here
0 x

Karmic Skink

Re: Nintendo Switch Presentation Recap

Post by Karmic Skink » 13 Jan 2017, 18:17

Is that enough to convince you to pick up a Nintendo Switch?
Metroid :cry:
0 x

Anon. E. Moose

Re: RE: Re: Nintendo Switch Presentation Recap

Post by Anon. E. Moose » 13 Jan 2017, 22:02

It caused three of my friends to cancel their pre-order. What a horribly abysmal presentation.
0 x

PALADiN

Post by PALADiN » 13 Jan 2017, 22:06

Weak launch lineup and high price compared to the PS4 and Xbox One have me highly doubtful that the Switch will take off. I don't think even Zelda can save it from selling poorly at this point.
0 x
XBL/PSN/Origin/Uplay: PalZer0
Steam: http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/PALADiN
Twitter: @PalZer0

vcatkiller

Post by vcatkiller » 13 Jan 2017, 22:25

Karmic Skink wrote:
Metroid :cry:
Only thing I'd be really keen for as well. It's been way too long since there's been a decent Metroid title.
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 14 Jan 2017, 01:20

So Zelda (Kinda Yay, never really played them that much)... and a gimmick party game?
Higher cost than XBox One (Which has games)...

And no Mario until sometime in the future... gah!!!!

Thinking I will hold off. Really do want one, especially for Mario Kart and Mario... But need these titles to actually be available...
Won't be a pre-order, will be something that I will look at more coming into Christmas I think.
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 14 Jan 2017, 10:14

Yeah, I'm on the fence with this one. I've not jumped on this generation's consoles due to paid subscription services and the Switch will have just that. However, it does look like the device will be easy to lug around and set up at someone else's place and be decent for gaming on the go. Mario Kart is what I'd be after and they're also releasing a new iteration of Street Fighter 2 on it which I've posted here:

viewtopic.php?f=45&p=36241#p36241

I'll have to see what other games are released on it. Will I be able to play my Diablo 3 on the go? ;)

Price wise it's a tad more expensive than what I was hoping for. $250-300 would have made it competitive with the likes of the PS4 especially seeing how this thing doesn't even have a bluray player (goes against the concept of course).

Probably the thing I was happiest about with this announcement was that we got a second video of Naomi Kyle today...

0 x
CherryRed wrote:
02 Dec 2018, 21:33
It'll look amazing shoved up his ass if he doesn't actually learn to play the fucking thing.

n1cholas

Post by n1cholas » 14 Jan 2017, 11:44

Nintendo has created a product that streamlines their internal development, the Switch was not solely created with the end users in mind and could end up a jack-of-all-trades, master-of-none.

I would not pay $5+ monthly for an online Nintendo subscription as their online is too barebones and Nintendo consoles have always been supplementary mainly single player consoles with either an Xbox or Playstation being my main console where I play with other people locally and/or online.

EB Games is listing the Switch as being $469.95AUD which is far higher than what a portable Nintendo console would generally be and expensive for a home console considering the lowish hardware specs.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1333435

This entire console generation has been really underwhelming IMO, I don't own any of the current generation consoles and I don't see that changing until late 2017 when there are more games and consoles are on special.

Goodluck to Nintendo as I would hate for the Switch to be their last home console bet if I had to bet I would wager it being just that.
Last edited by n1cholas on 16 Jan 2017, 17:53, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Nitephyre

Post by Nitephyre » 15 Jan 2017, 11:21

I'm surprised that they haven't done a Sega yet. But yeah as a concept, I guess it's neat but execution will be another matter.
0 x
Mugsy wrote:
09 Oct 2018, 21:26
I got nothing for ya... I was raised to not do things I wouldn't want done to myself. And that's why anal sex is off the agenda.

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 16 Jan 2017, 00:00

Nitephyre wrote:I'm surprised that they haven't done a Sega yet.
We'll see if this is their version of the Dreamcast.

If anything, Nintendo have Sonic in their line up now so they may just do a Sega.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:
02 Dec 2018, 21:33
It'll look amazing shoved up his ass if he doesn't actually learn to play the fucking thing.

n1cholas

Post by n1cholas » 16 Jan 2017, 18:03

Mugsy wrote:
Nitephyre wrote:I'm surprised that they haven't done a Sega yet.
We'll see if this is their version of the Dreamcast.
Ouch, that brings back bad memories.

I hope the Switch at least breaks even for Nintendo and the company doesn't become a shell of itself as Sega did after the demise of the Dreamcast.

IMO Nintendo need to get out of hardware and form a partnership(s) with other companies to create hardware and focus on creating their games for said hardware.

Nintendo caught lightning in a bottle with the Wii and foolishly have been cashing it ever since not realising what made the Wii unique is no longer unique and that less technical experiences can be enjoyed on a multitude of devices that are cheaper and more multi-purpose than Nintendo consoles.
0 x

SonicFRAG

Post by SonicFRAG » 20 Jan 2017, 09:43

people would just emulate the new zelda on their PC to ensure it runs at 1080p 60fps...
0 x