AFL Evolution: 4 reasons we will never have a great AFL video game

Player Attack News straight from the horse's mouth
NewsBot

AFL Evolution: 4 reasons we will never have a great AFL video game

Post by NewsBot » 11 May 2017, 17:43

Last weekend, I sat in a pub in my not-native state of Melbourne, with a couple of friends. We were there to watch the Adelaide Crows play the North Melbourne Kangaroos in a game of Australian Rules Football (AFL). A lot of my readers probably wont know what Australian Rules Football is, and thats cool, because we kind of keep it to ourselves. You also wont know that last week, AFL Evolution was released - a video game based on the sport of AFL.

The post AFL Evolution: 4 reasons we will never have a great AFL video game appeared first on Player Attack.

Read more here
0 x

Disruptor4

Re: AFL Evolution: 4 reasons we will never have a great AFL video game

Post by Disruptor4 » 12 May 2017, 09:00

You only need one reason. The market is too small so there isn't much incentive to pour money into making the game that won't return much on their investment.
0 x

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 12 May 2017, 11:07

Yep I feel the same way about cricket games... I'd read goodish reviews about the new Don Bradman one but the controls (especially for bowling) are terrible.
0 x
"Put the damn gun down, boy. It aint no toy." - Lite

storm84

Post by storm84 » 12 May 2017, 11:20

You'd think cricket would be a sport perfect for adapting. It's a highly constrained game without a lot of action, and is big enough in enough countries that there would be enough of an audience to justify the expenditure.

The only thing I could guess is that it's a game of millimetres and thus it's really hard to capture the experience without either going cartoonish or fiendishly tedious.
0 x