Latest advancement in meat replacement

"Would say maybe Arts/Crafts/Cooking/Gardening but then the forum title gets a bit long..."
Mugsy

Latest advancement in meat replacement

Post by Mugsy » 31 Jul 2016, 19:23

Saw this on my youtube feed. As someone who has a reasonable understanding of nutrition (despite all the chocolate and ice cream I have), I'm not a fan of processed food and this is extremely processed of course. But it'll be interesting to see where they take this one.

0 x
CherryRed wrote:
02 Dec 2018, 21:33
It'll look amazing shoved up his ass if he doesn't actually learn to play the fucking thing.

Nekosan

Re: Latest advancement in meat replacement

Post by Nekosan » 01 Aug 2016, 04:09

Based on my experience it will taste terrible. Never had a single decent tasting meat substitute.
0 x
steamcommunity.com/id/krautpants

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 01 Aug 2016, 07:15

"Meat" and "Replacement" are two words that should never go together :P
0 x
"Put the damn gun down, boy. It aint no toy." - Lite

Nitephyre

Post by Nitephyre » 01 Aug 2016, 12:37

Even though I don't understand it, the science behind it is amazing and I really think that efforts like these are needed to help combat famine etc.
0 x
Mugsy wrote:
09 Oct 2018, 21:26
I got nothing for ya... I was raised to not do things I wouldn't want done to myself. And that's why anal sex is off the agenda.

Disco

Post by Disco » 01 Aug 2016, 12:53

There is no way to say 'I like meat' without it coming off as odd..
0 x
Nekosan wrote:
29 Mar 2018, 00:36
Disco is fkn banned from the flamethrower. :lol:

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 01 Aug 2016, 15:29

$12 and it's not even a real burger! :(

Part of the problem with a lot of these "replacements" is not so much that they don't taste meaty, it's that they taste bloody awful. If it's all vegetable matter anyway you may as well be eating less offensive tasting options.
0 x
"Me ate truck once." - Cookie Monster
Player Attack! - Diablo 3 Clan Details

Ralph Wiggum

Post by Ralph Wiggum » 01 Aug 2016, 16:49

I remember seeing the new Lord of the Fries store open in Perth CBD. At first I was excited at a new burger joint then looked at the menu and saw it was all vegan substitutes.

I walked off into the Hungry Jacks next door :/
0 x
RIP Games.On.Net.

Matty

Post by Matty » 01 Aug 2016, 19:35

I have some vegan friends and I'll eat out with them and I've been able to tell every time that it's not meat or it's some type of replacement. My theory is that if you eat it enough you forget what the actual thing it's replacing tastes like. Same with soy milk, no matter much I'm told "it's good, you can't taste the difference" I've been able to taste the soy every time.
Last edited by Matty on 01 Aug 2016, 19:37, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Matter of fact, I didn't even give you my coat!

Disco

Post by Disco » 01 Aug 2016, 19:37

The irritating thing about vegans or vegetarians is that they expect the ENTIRE fucking group to suck it up and go somewhere shit, but you go somewhere good and expect them to eat a salad and you're an asshole
0 x
Nekosan wrote:
29 Mar 2018, 00:36
Disco is fkn banned from the flamethrower. :lol:

Matty

Post by Matty » 01 Aug 2016, 19:42

I'll be honest, I haven't had a bad meal from a vegan restaurant yet. On that, no one I know is a pushy stereotypical internet hero vegan either, they all just seem to know what they can and cannot eat no matter where we go. Now that I think about it the only part of our eating habits that changed is that we began eating at new places we didn't know were around. They are expensive as fuck though, which is more of the reason I dislike going to them. :P
0 x
Matter of fact, I didn't even give you my coat!

Nekosan

Post by Nekosan » 03 Aug 2016, 00:15

I actually agree with Matty partly here, the food is usually pretty good if you can deal with a night without beef and stupid pricing. That's where our experience differs however, every single vego i know if the broscience, soup diet kind of person.
0 x
steamcommunity.com/id/krautpants

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 03 Aug 2016, 07:47

Matty wrote:I'll be honest, I haven't had a bad meal from a vegan restaurant yet. On that, no one I know is a pushy stereotypical internet hero vegan either, they all just seem to know what they can and cannot eat no matter where we go. Now that I think about it the only part of our eating habits that changed is that we began eating at new places we didn't know were around. They are expensive as fuck though, which is more of the reason I dislike going to them. :P
I went to a vegan restaurant and had a lentil and chilli burger, I don't know what it was about this thing but I think the combination of lentils, chilli and other spices to hide the fact it wasn't meat (and my unfamiliarity with such food) caused it to react quite badly to my gut, it was like shitting battery acid. Not fun.

Apart from that it was pretty tasty!
0 x
"Put the damn gun down, boy. It aint no toy." - Lite

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 14 Aug 2016, 01:18

So here are some consumer reviews...

Now that I think about it, half the kebabs I have are falafel ones (I do actually like falafel) and I don't react badly to it in anyway so I already have a vegetarian alternative - lol
0 x
CherryRed wrote:
02 Dec 2018, 21:33
It'll look amazing shoved up his ass if he doesn't actually learn to play the fucking thing.