The "Find A Player" Thread

This is where all the random stuff goes
Mugsy

Re: The "Find A Player" Thread

Post by Mugsy » 28 Mar 2016, 08:25

Great BL2 session last night guys!

To kharis... Meare and I continued for a while longer last night. Mellie join us for a bit before another series of DCs ruined things. Meare and I continued with the mission to rescue Roland and finished that despite running out of ammo for various weapon types... yes, even with max ammo capacity I ran out of ammo for my SMGs, rocket launchers, and shottys. I can only imagine how frustrated Meare was. Tip: try to get some corrosive weapons before going through this part.

Anyway, I've respecced with some lvl13 guns... got a bunch of spare ones to give to Meare who's also lvl13 now.

Mini, I've kept all my good lvl9 gear to pass to you mate. Good variety of sniper rifle, SMG, shotty, and pistols and also the wicked shield that got me through yesterday (drops a bit of health but bumps up your shield capacity by heaps and has a decently low recharge delay.

I also found a class mod that... wait for it... adds team health regen! It's just less than 2% per sec but useful none the less. I've switched to a high recharge/low delay shield so will be ducking in and out of cover more... unless I switch to one of the immunity shields I got then.
0 x

kharis

Post by kharis » 28 Mar 2016, 10:15

I'll try and get to Roland before tonight then if I don't manage it I'll join you guys anyway. Might need n early one tonight though have to get the spawnlings to school in the morning
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 28 Mar 2016, 10:22

School holidays here, but still need to get the spawn back to there mothers in the morning.

I will see how I go, but not sure if I will make it on or not.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

GamingKen

Post by GamingKen » 28 Mar 2016, 14:02

That was definitely a good bit of fun, though I remember why I got frustrated with BL2 in singleplayer in the ast now. Ammo si so damn hard to keep on top of. All three weapons were constantly out of ammo towards the end there last night and I had to run into crazy situations just to try and grab some more, and then it would only be a tiny amount still. Great fun though, and I'm really enjoying it in co-op. I'll be about again later today.
0 x

kharis

Post by kharis » 28 Mar 2016, 14:38

unlocked the other car so now we can have only one person displaying bad driving skills instead of 2 :P
0 x

HunterKiller

Post by HunterKiller » 28 Mar 2016, 14:55

Im a good driver, lol
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 28 Mar 2016, 14:58

Driving is retarded... who uses the camera to turn and not the keys?

0 x

uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Mugsy

Re: The

Post by Mugsy » 28 Mar 2016, 17:49

kharis wrote:I'll try and get to Roland before tonight then if I don't manage it I'll join you guys anyway. Might need n early one tonight though have to get the spawnlings to school in the morning
Mini wrote:I will see how I go, but not sure if I will make it on or not.
We'll see how we go. If you guys don't get on, then we can do it some other time.

I don't mind playing through that section again if need be. Definitely easier to get through when you have someone with you.
kharis wrote:unlocked the other car so now we can have only one person displaying bad driving skills instead of 2 :P
The only problem is when the vehicle gets destroyed... then we have potentially 4 people running to the nearest catch a ride station. If anything, the new vehicle means that if one gets destroyed, all 4 players can fit into the remaining one. I don't mind being a designated driver. You guys can take turns driving the second car.
Mini wrote:Driving is retarded... who uses the camera to turn and not the keys?
Exactly! And I keep hitting space bar to boost when it's the F key... and then I say the F word. Absolutely retarded.
Mearehear wrote:All three weapons were constantly out of ammo towards the end there last night and I had to run into crazy situations just to try and grab some more, and then it would only be a tiny amount still.
Yeah, the ammo picked up is shared between all party members. So with the two of us, your share is just half unless my stock of that ammo type is full. In theory, when I'm scrounging for ammo too, you ought to be getting topped up but when we're both in the heat of battle and you're the only one grabbing ammo, then you're not sustaining that ammo by much.
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 28 Mar 2016, 18:23

We also need to be on chat... so hard when we can't talk to each other.

And I was getting used to the driving, so I can work it out

0 x

uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 28 Mar 2016, 18:50

I will have to sort out voice settings before our next game. Need to buy a decent headset with mic one of these days. The padding on my cheapie logitech one has come off so I rarely use it as it hurts my ears after a while.
0 x

kharis

Post by kharis » 28 Mar 2016, 19:04

I don't mind driving either it's warthog esque

Didn't get too far cleared out the camp for volleyballs and then went back to sanctuary and got a couple of upgrades
0 x

GamingKen

Post by GamingKen » 28 Mar 2016, 19:19

Mugsy wrote:I will have to sort out voice settings before our next game. Need to buy a decent headset with mic one of these days. The padding on my cheapie logitech one has come off so I rarely use it as it hurts my ears after a while.
I've had to use a long USB cord with webcam on the end as my mic lately, as I play from the couch and no normal headset will reach me (and haven't been bothered enough to fork out for a wireless one yet). Worked out last night though that I can use my windows tablet with teamspeak installed, or a second copy of Steam running, and plug a mobile normal phone headset into it. Worked well, so I just sit that on the couch next to me now :D Actually really handy as I can then also see the TS screen the whole time, and just touch it if I need to mute.

EDIT: So in the regard, I'd vote we make use of a teamspeak channel more often, as they has better voice activation options than steam chat (and Punkley mention PA might be getting a TS server)
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 28 Mar 2016, 20:16

I can try out BL2's voice chat next time we play. If it works for me, at least we will have one working option.

I've finally gotten close to my ideal setup with an assault rifle and SMG covering corrosive and fire, a sniper rifle doing shock (to weaken enemy shields before they get too close. Grenade mod is an explosive one that shatters into 9 cluster bombs! Haven't decided if my 4th gun will be a shotty, pistol or rocket launcher... I guess I'll just rotate the 4th one around. Maybe even use a second sniper rifle to pick off enemies from after after reducing shields with the shock one.

Anyway, after opening quite a number of golden chests, I have about 25 sweet guns covering fire, shock and corrosive I can pass to you guys. All level 13 except for the lvl9 ones I've kept for Mini. If anyone wants to grab em off me tonight, just msg me on Steam and we'll start up a game to trade. 7:15pm here... I should be at my PC from 7:45pm onwards for 2-2.5 hours tidying up my job app.
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 29 Mar 2016, 13:53

Clarification on ammo pick up: Player who picks up gets 100% of the usual ammo amount in the pick up. Other players in the team gets 50% of the usual amount e.g. A clip that normally has 12 bullets gives 12 bullets to the player that picks it up and 6 bullets each to everyone else. So I'm gonna stop picking up ammo and let everyone else do that so you guys get more.
0 x

GamingKen

Post by GamingKen » 29 Mar 2016, 16:12

Ahh, so that is how it works! I had no idea it was even shared at all.
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 29 Mar 2016, 16:52

Yeah, it's one of those little things the game doesn't tell you. Though I could have sworn it was an even split in the first game. It's why i keep picking up ammo in our games. Though at least I now know I am actually reducing the amount of potential ammo you guys can get when I pick up ammo.

I should be available tonight if you guys want a game.
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 29 Mar 2016, 20:51

Mini, HK and I played a bit of BL2 then. Mini leveled up a bit, though, we did a side mission and not the one to go find Roland.

If anyone else swings by later, we're keen to keep playing... I got a whole bunch of lvl13 weapons to offload - lol
0 x

HunterKiller

Post by HunterKiller » 30 Mar 2016, 00:59

Well I didnt do much in game due to my high level, I was just on standby until you really needed help then I jumped in.

CO-OP is quite fun in that game and I cant wait for BL3, im hoping it will be just as good or better than 2.
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 30 Mar 2016, 08:12

Yeah, I'm hoping Gearbox do another Borderlands once Battleborn development slows down.

Though, I'd like them to change the loot system... I'd much prefer it if they had a series of gun attachments and modifiers for guns that can be leveled up. Certain base for guns can change so there can still be a loot hunting element but if we keep the modifiers for guns and swap between guns, I think it'll be less of a grind and less frustrating to find replacement weapons as you level up.

I'm surprised how the GUI BL2 on PC is more optimsed than BL1. The GUI is better to scroll through but I do find the skill tree page on 1 better. You can see the entire skill trees and the skill explanations easier. But the mini map definitely helps... I do miss the compass system to help identify the direction on enemies relative to where I'm looking. Wish they'd kept that.
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 31 Mar 2016, 19:21

I'll be around later this evening if anyone wants a game of anything... though I'm assuming that with school holidays, most of your are spending time with the younglings.
0 x

GamingKen

Post by GamingKen » 31 Mar 2016, 19:39

I haven't really been getting into any gaming until later at night, my time (WA), which makes it after midnight for pretty much everyone else. I should be about tomorrow night (Fri) at a decent time though, so I'll be up for playing anything then! :D
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 31 Mar 2016, 19:57

No probs mate. I've been doing my chores this evening and might do the ones I was gonna do over the next 3 days tonight so I'm free over the weekend in the event you guys are available then.

I should be good for tomorrow night.

EDIT: Eager for another round of BL2. Got some wicked new weapons to try out in combat!
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 01 Apr 2016, 07:41

Diablo 3's Season 6 starts at 10am AEST, 30th April. I'll more than likely be hitting the season hard that weekend so I get to lvl70 and get my 6pc set before the end of the evening and be in a good place to get my extra stash tab over the next 1-2 weeks.
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 01 Apr 2016, 18:17

At the risk of sounding like a senior, I've had dinner and am free for the rest of the evening to game! Hit me up on steam if anyone wants to do something in BL2. Happy to run sections I've done already so we're all at the same point of the game.
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 01 Apr 2016, 18:20

I might jump on later. Not sure what's happening later yet. And I have the kids this weekend, so no early gaming

0 x

uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord