Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

This is where all the random stuff goes
Matty

Re: Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

Post by Matty » 05 Oct 2016, 19:22

I'm hitching my wagon to the Forza train, got the Ultimate edition last night and downloaded it while at work.
0 x
Matter of fact, I didn't even give you my coat!

NotThatDoug

Post by NotThatDoug » 05 Oct 2016, 21:29

https://account.xbox.com/en-AU/Profile? ... +That+Doug

Add a brother, Matty.

I downloaded the update today, hopefully fixed those couple of random crashes I had. But far out the windows store isn't user friendly, it wouldn't tell me how big the update was, starts of just telling me how many MB it's downloaded, then suddenly it says the total size and its equal to how much I've downloaded and continues to go up with the download.

I was a on steam since the day I bought Half Life 2 on disc so I know shitty gaming software and hope MS make it better as they put more Cross buy Xbox stuff on there.

Also still can't play multiplayer cause I'm not leveled up enough, but the game does keep letting me recruit all your drivatars, it gave me the mission to recruit Mooses drivatar like 15 mins after our failed attempt to play together.
0 x
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197970978425]Image[/url]

Matty

Post by Matty » 06 Oct 2016, 00:10

The game is a technical disaster but it is fun once you play the settings lottery.
0 x

NotThatDoug

Post by NotThatDoug » 06 Oct 2016, 00:41

I'm still getting random crashes, so annoying.
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 06 Oct 2016, 09:33

Played some Overwatch.. seems pretty cool, but I can foresee a LOT of work in learning the right counters for everything.

Also got back into MGSV, such a fun game to drop in and out of.

Thinking tonight I might play some Last Of Us on the PS3, feeling a need for narrative.
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 06 Oct 2016, 10:04

Played some Rocket League and Paladins last night.
The new Rocket League map killed my computer... I could see stuttering sometimes... seems to be related with how much underwater texture there is outside the arena.

And got a couple of games of Paladins in with my brother, he was enjoying himself and slowly learning to play an FPS on the PC rather than the XBox.
Only played against bots, but will be something I can see him getting into, and us getting a lot more play out of.
Mearehear wrote:Paladins
We will have another person in our team... also you disappeared this week...
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Matty

Post by Matty » 06 Oct 2016, 21:36

NotThatDoug wrote:https://account.xbox.com/en-AU/Profile? ... +That+Doug

Add a brother, Matty.
Added and good to go!
0 x

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 06 Oct 2016, 23:09

Been away interstate for work the last 2 days so catching up on WoW world quests :-P
0 x
"Put the damn gun down, boy. It aint no toy." - Lite

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 06 Oct 2016, 23:57

Horizon, how I love thee.

Currently working on roads with 330 of 488 completed... car photos with 140 of 350 completed and billboards of which I'm roughly halfway there (fast-travel is currently 5,000 a pop).

Put it up to 60fps as well, not realising that was an option... and wow. Clear difference in quality, although turning it on while on an AI-convoy race through a tropical rain forest wasn't the best idea.. micro-stutters all over the shop.

Such a good game.
0 x

Matty

Post by Matty » 07 Oct 2016, 00:00

Forza Horizon 3, literally unplayable.
0 x

Stoibs

Post by Stoibs » 07 Oct 2016, 08:20

Stayed up last night to play Mafia 3... it's locked at 30fps. Because, you know, apparently these devs were living under a rock when the Arkham Knight pc launch controversy happened, and believe that this is acceptable on the PC platform in this day and age..

They've apparently sent some PR message out and scrambled into damage control mode as they endeavour to rectify this 'issue' that really had no business being part of the game for its launch to begin with..

SIGH.
Oh lordy lordy.. :roll:
0 x

Disco

Post by Disco » 07 Oct 2016, 08:46

I'm playing it on PS4 anyway, so doesn't make any difference to me, however I preordered it via the PS store thinking that it would auto download.. not only did it not auto download, I couldn't even find the game. It wasn't on my main screen, it wasn't in my games folder, in the end I had to search and even then only found the pre order bonus, and when I went to install that suddenly it wanted to install the game.

When I left for work, it was at 32.90MB/48,753 with 99+ hours left :( THIS IS WHY I FUCKIN PRE ORDERED THE GAME FFS.
0 x
Nekosan wrote:
29 Mar 2018, 00:36
Disco is fkn banned from the flamethrower. :lol:

NotThatDoug

Post by NotThatDoug » 07 Oct 2016, 11:41

Matty wrote:Forza Horizon 3, literally unplayable.
Have you tried disabling your mic?

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn1 ... ounds.aspx

Apparently they are already working on another patch and the random crash issue I'm having is a known issue, at least thats what MS support told me when I bugged them for a 3rd time about the game yesterday.

I'm loving MKXL for PC, I can't play Alien for shit but I'm ok with Triborg and love drunkenly throwing up and farting on people as Bo' Rai Cho.
0 x

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 07 Oct 2016, 12:06

Just bought Dirt Rally so I can try it on PC over the weekend with the new Logitech G920 wheel, should be fun.
0 x
"Put the damn gun down, boy. It aint no toy." - Lite

Ralph Wiggum

Post by Ralph Wiggum » 07 Oct 2016, 12:38

Stoibs wrote:Stayed up last night to play Mafia 3... it's locked at 30fps. Because, you know, apparently these devs were living under a rock when the Arkham Knight pc launch controversy happened, and believe that this is acceptable on the PC platform in this day and age..

They've apparently sent some PR message out and scrambled into damage control mode as they endeavour to rectify this 'issue' that really had no business being part of the game for its launch to begin with..

SIGH.
Oh lordy lordy.. :roll:
That sucks...I never paid much attention to the whole FPS thing prior to Arkham Knight but after playing the game pre and post patch, it has opened my eyes.

I've always enjoyed the Mafia games but am glad I waited until reviews and for any fixes to come out.
0 x
RIP Games.On.Net.

Disco

Post by Disco » 07 Oct 2016, 13:00

I really don't buy into the FPS hype train, my PC was playing games at 50-60 FPS, and sure it's a bit better, but 30FPS is certainly far from unplayable.

Wonder if the new Xbone will hit 60FPS, be interesting to see what the PC elitists find to rag on then?
0 x
Nekosan wrote:

Mini

Post by Mini » 07 Oct 2016, 13:04

Sathias wrote:Just bought Dirt Rally so I can try it on PC over the weekend with the new Logitech G920 wheel, should be fun.
Hit me up for some races... I need a good reason to get back into it.
Just started getting used to it with the wheel, although I still suck...
0 x

uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Stoibs

Post by Stoibs » 07 Oct 2016, 13:10

Disco wrote: Wonder if the new Xbone will hit 60FPS, be interesting to see what the PC elitists find to rag on then?
Never knew it was 'elitist' to want an intuitive, smooth gaming experience as opposed to choppiness and janky performance with inferior input lag. Technically we're up at the ~144+ range on pc already, soo..

But yeah back on topic from that weird departure that came close to someone actually trying to argue 30fps as being 'fine'; the devs and 2K have released an announcement in a sticky stating that they already have a somewhat working beta build patch working at 60/uncapped on the steam forums.
Hopefully we wont have to wait too long.
0 x

Disco

Post by Disco » 07 Oct 2016, 13:14

There are some people who go out of their way to scream PC Master Race left right and centre.. I told a mate of mine recently when he was ribbing me for the 140th time about FPS that sure, my PS4 can't do 60FPS, but it also didn't cost $4,800 for his ultra gaming rig he plays WoW with. Gives me the shits.
0 x
Nekosan wrote:

Stoibs

Post by Stoibs » 07 Oct 2016, 13:31

I mean, I just want smooth gameplay and expect AAA PC releases to have the industry standard of atleast 60 by default. The backlash on the forums and damning reviews of it thus far reflect that this is a pretty uniform across the board, and a justified reaction of disappointment and dismay to see here.

I don't want 4k, eyebeam, VR matrix, vibe ultron panorama megalopolis photorealism graphics or need to spend anywhere close to 5k on a rig, just standardized PC features and optimization for what has been fairly heavily marketed and a somewhat anticipated AAA release will do me fine.
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 07 Oct 2016, 14:10

I don't have 4k res... or a 144Hz monitor, so no idea what they are like compared to a standard monitor.
But honestly, 60fps is nice, but it depends on the game. An FPS game is relevant to a high FPS, but something like Diablo or WoW... HAHAHAHAHA

Racing and FPS are the main games that actually benefit from the higher FPS.

On topic.... Paladins is more and more like an Overwatch clone every time I play it. Except that it is actually working for me and I'm not getting stupid ping bounces :(
0 x

uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

NotThatDoug

Post by NotThatDoug » 07 Oct 2016, 14:33

Fighting games as well, I love me some 60FPS and Devs should know its the standard for PC gaming and there will be backlash if it doesn't have.

I never got the point of the PC vs Console argument, if you buy a console its cause you want a cheaper all in one option (although that can be up for debate when you look at online subscriptions, prices of games, etc) and are aware that you are giving up some of the freedoms you get on PC, but when you buy a PC you've got more freedom but also have more of a chance of things going to shit, CTRL F: Forza Horizon 3 in this thread and you'll see that. Just play what you want to play and be happy.

But I will say this, Wii U is the best console of this generation, apart from their horrid online servies and I will fight anyone who disagrees with me in Smash Bros.
0 x

NoobyMcNoobnoob

Post by NoobyMcNoobnoob » 07 Oct 2016, 15:09

Disco wrote:There are some people who go out of their way to scream PC Master Race left right and centre.. I told a mate of mine recently when he was ribbing me for the 140th time about FPS that sure, my PS4 can't do 60FPS, but it also didn't cost $4,800 for his ultra gaming rig he plays WoW with. Gives me the shits.

to me when they have there little console wars or pc vs console it seems they are having sour grapes and are just trying to justify their purchase when they are missing out on something like an exclusive on a system they dont have.

now for a bit of hippocracy, i think with win 10 store and xbone sharing exclusives they may be jumping out of the console market in the next console generation or 2. maybe leaving the xbox brand as a tv settop box instead?
0 x

Anon. E. Moose

Re: RE: Re: Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

Post by Anon. E. Moose » 07 Oct 2016, 15:15

Matty wrote:Forza Horizon 3, literally unplayable*.
*On PC

After last night I think I'll just leave the PC version alone, it looks worse, it runs worse and I had a mini freak out this morning when I re-synced my save to Xbox One to find all my cars except for the pre-order Shelby I got from buying a pizza from Dominoes had disappeared from my garage. Another sync brought them all back though.

Xbone on the other hand... What an amazing ride it's been so far. Online Adventure is a pretty fun way of earning some money, an afternoon of racing put a couple million $$$ in the bank, now I have too much money and no idea what cars to spend it all on.
1 x

MuscularTeeth

Post by MuscularTeeth » 07 Oct 2016, 15:16

Sathias wrote:Just bought Dirt Rally so I can try it on PC over the weekend with the new Logitech G920 wheel, should be fun.

great game mate. you should enjoy that.

can i highly suggest assetto corsa.
their laserscanned real racetracks are a blast to drive on. best ffb of the games (dirt comes 2nd in my opinion).
0 x