Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

This is where all the random stuff goes
NotThatDoug

Re: Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

Post by NotThatDoug » 06 Nov 2017, 12:51

Agree on Squad, if you get a good commander and squad mates it can make ever a game where your side get totally destroyed super fun. I don't play much these days but when I was playing it every night I mostly played on the now defunct Salt Squad server or Big D Gaming if Salts was empty and got to recognise enough names that you kinda knew who was good to play with. I wish they would add a 'stay as a squad' option so if you are playing another round and you liked your squad you can stay teamed up.

Mario Odyssey is possibly now my GotY. I've already got 220 moons, 100 more moons than what is needed for the basic ending of the game and I've still got a couple of kingdoms to go, its just so much fun, every time I go back to a previous kingdom I notice something new, or try going to a different spot, the difficulty of the game is basically something you have control over depending on what moon you want to try and get and the New Donk City festival is the greatest thing ever.
Last edited by NotThatDoug on 06 Nov 2017, 15:50, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197970978425]Image[/url]

Disco

Post by Disco » 06 Nov 2017, 13:00

God some of those Big D admins could be total dicks, you'd get TK'd repeatedly and end up getting the shits and shooting back only to be pounced on by an admin conveniently standing next to you that thinks his 16 year old ass is a drill sergeant.

Pretty sure I got kicked for a while after shooting the admin for that.
0 x
Nekosan wrote:
29 Mar 2018, 00:36
Disco is fkn banned from the flamethrower. :lol:

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 06 Nov 2017, 14:02

I used to be a BigD admin when I was in [TEA] for a couple of years when they had PR servers, quit over some weird political bullshit and realised I didn't enjoy being an admin (endless reviewing of screenshots and hackusations).

Generally though, I like BigD, have always respected their presence for PR and generally very professional. I can definitely tell you that they would not tolerate admins behaving like that so you should report it.

Agree, Doug, would love to have added my whole squad last night on Steam. I'm going to be brave and SL all the time from now on, infantry only, it was something I did and enjoyed in PR all the time. I like the general sense of "team, I think our options are A... or B..." and give detail on both then hear them out. Gives the experts a voice and gets support for ideas (although in a firefight, I tend to get very short and direct!).

Disco, I'll be playing tonight, talk to you then :)
0 x

Disco

Post by Disco » 06 Nov 2017, 14:13

Sounds good dude!
0 x
Nekosan wrote:

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 06 Nov 2017, 15:15

Playing BB2 as Chaos Dwarves, and I have no idea why the game lists them as 4 star difficulty, as they are really great to play. The dwarves are excellent blockers, the hobbies are decent ball handlers and the bull centaurs have amazing mobility and blitzing. Won my first solo league and now onto the championship solo league. Got enough in earnings to put a minotaur in my team which is a bit of fun. He desperately needs Block though.
0 x
"Put the damn gun down, boy. It aint no toy." - Lite

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 07 Nov 2017, 00:25

Another glorious night of squad (barring a bizarre 50 minute power outage in Kingston). Disco didn't always think so but we generally kicked arse in our squad, capping attack flags that no-one else could get near... making a near victory saving enemy radio digout until we got wiped at the last second... and then bravely smashing the attacking force back capping the refinery before the scoreboard popped up showing 85 kills and highest points!
0 x

Kinky Kel

Post by Kinky Kel » 09 Nov 2017, 11:34

I've been running through Mass Effect Andromeda and Dragon Age Inquisition. Inquisition just craps all over ME:A. Replaying ME:A really disappointed me all over again. Such a big IP, such a great concept for story they went with, yet somehow they dropped the ball. I just don't understand how? They had some good mechanics in the game. I dunno, just annoys me.

Inquisition on the other hand is quite fun!
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 09 Nov 2017, 11:36

I was enjoying ME:A when I had the time to play it... I keep playing online games lately though and never get around to those pesky SP games...
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Kinky Kel

Post by Kinky Kel » 09 Nov 2017, 11:41

Online games are getting really good these days. I'm still banging out War Thunder 3 years on.

The biggest thing that irks me with ME:A is that we're not out there reclaiming our brothers and sisters. It frustrates me that I can't bring all the humans back into the initiative all because of some strict narrative that locks that option out. That's garbage story telling in my opinion.
0 x

Disco

Post by Disco » 09 Nov 2017, 11:44

I loved the other Mass Effect games, but I couldn't do ME:A, not into puzzles in games
0 x
Nekosan wrote:

Yurtles

Post by Yurtles » 10 Nov 2017, 00:14

Jumped into Planetside 2 tonight for the first time in maybe 2 years. Still goes alright, juuuust enough population to make it worth playing still. Sort of.
0 x
BorisBC wrote:Pro tip - if you have to spew in a car, spew down the (inside) front of your shirt. Trust me, it's a lot easier to clean spew off yourself than the interior of a car.

NotThatDoug

Post by NotThatDoug » 10 Nov 2017, 12:09

the local discord I run for my town is having their first every LAN on Saturday, 2pm til late in the function room of the local sports club, I can't make it as I'm still single dadding it but I'm going to help them setup and maybe get in a game or 2 of Quake 3 before the Paw Patrol runs out on the tablet and my daughter wants to go.

They are planning to hook up the internet so I can play some stuff with them once my daughter is in bed, I can already see that going terribly when someone forgets to disable auto updates on steam or something.
0 x
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197970978425]Image[/url]

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 12 Nov 2017, 22:57

Has anyone tried Fortnite Battle Royale on PC? It's free.

Actually is quite brilliant. It's the ability to quickly and easily build forts that makes all the difference... the map is quite small (compared to PUBG) but still enough room for 100 players, and the ability to quickly and easily ramp any obstacle makes for some very cool strategic options.

Has hit-scan (so you shoot what you point at) and Oceanic servers. Except sniper rifles, you have to lead them...

Only weird bit is how to get it... go to the Epic site, hit the button at the top left and choose 'epic games' then grab the launcher from that link.

NOTE: If you've ever signed into your Epic account via an Xbox profile, you will be locked off from playing on PC and will have to create a new account. Weird, something to do with PC/PS4 sharing progress and XBL doesn't.

Anyway, the hitscan, building elements and oceanic servers make all the difference. Check out this vid for a great example of what the fort-building brings to the gameplay.

0 x

jambo

Post by jambo » 13 Nov 2017, 09:56

Didn't like it at all. I've always liked the STALKER, Operation Flashpoint and ARMA games, so I lean much more PUBG.

I'm also kinda over base building and that sort of thing, probably from playing so much Minecraft. I hardly touched it in FO4 before I stopped playing it.

I can get the appeal, and it seems pretty popular, but PUBG is still king for me. Almost to 300 hours now.

I'm also addicted to Super Mario Odyssey, got a Switch + Mario + Zelda for my birthday and I just can't get over how great Odyssey is. So much variety, both in gameplay and aesthetic. Looking forward to trying Zelda too, and getting some indie games like Golf Story and the like.
0 x

Kinky Kel

Post by Kinky Kel » 13 Nov 2017, 10:40

Had another night Saturday night GM-ing Star Wars D20 RPG. That went well, I got to kill two of the characters
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 13 Nov 2017, 10:46

I'm kinda glad I wasn't there for my characters death... hopefully I last longer when I am actually around
I am really looking forward to my first taste of RPG'ing...

Also started playing Elite:Dangerous again... decided to delete my old account and start fresh, knowing what I was doing, and learning to fly again.
Slowly making my way around and upgrading my ship. Looking forward to getting a bit of money and buying a better one.
0 x

uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Disco

Post by Disco » 13 Nov 2017, 11:06

Pretty sure I caused the best lightsaber death ever
0 x
Nekosan wrote:

Kinky Kel

Post by Kinky Kel » 13 Nov 2017, 11:52

The funny thing is, if we look at the mathematics of you getting hit at this level Mini it's low. Rolling a D20, and you have a Reflex save of 19. That's 5% chance to hit you on a normal roll. For every bonus point in attack chance is an additional 5%. I think the guys I quickly built attacking had a bonus +2 to attack, so they had a 15% chance to hit you.

Of course knowing that, you still ate a blaster round to the face. Critical hits are nasty man, double the damage on the dice roll!
0 x

kharis

Post by kharis » 13 Nov 2017, 12:58

sad robot is sad...

have fallen into minecraft again, there is a new skyblock pack without exnihilio and it is so much fun (modern skyblock 2)

my sheep have electric wool
0 x

jambo

Post by jambo » 13 Nov 2017, 13:55

I'm going to start playing Minecraft again, hopefully cross play with some mates so we can do PC <-> Xbone <-> Switch.
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 13 Nov 2017, 21:31

2 victories in 3 rounds with 9 kills. Enjoying this! Rounds are also over a LOT faster which I like too.
0 x

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 14 Nov 2017, 07:07

A friend is thinking about starting a Blood Bowl 2 league. Would anyone be interested in joining? No details yet as far as in whether its a set night or whatever, will update when I know more.
0 x
"Put the damn gun down, boy. It aint no toy." - Lite

Mini

Post by Mini » 14 Nov 2017, 07:34

I don't actually have no#2... think I have the first one only.
Was always good fun though, even though I sucked at it...

Decided to play my sons DS and start unlocking all of the Mario Kart races and characters for him. I can't do more than a single set of races at a time, my thumb gets so sore from holding the tiny a button down to go. But I am slowly getting there and have got a star on four out of the 5 completed so far, need to go back to the other one.
0 x

uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

jambo

Post by jambo » 14 Nov 2017, 09:49

Well, I started playing Golf Story last night and then I looked at my phone a little while later and it was 1am...

This game is damn good.
0 x

Kinky Kel

Post by Kinky Kel » 14 Nov 2017, 13:07

Anyone here play much of War Thunder?
0 x