Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

This is where all the random stuff goes
Yurtles

Re: Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

Post by Yurtles » 30 Jan 2018, 23:41

I finally got hold of enough pieces of tech to build the scan room. That really opened up the world. Can't wait to see what comes next.
0 x
BorisBC wrote:Pro tip - if you have to spew in a car, spew down the (inside) front of your shirt. Trust me, it's a lot easier to clean spew off yourself than the interior of a car.

Disco

Post by Disco » 31 Jan 2018, 10:47

Damnit I haven't played since the weekend.. kind of wish I'd got it on XB1 apart from the dramas Mellie has had
0 x
Nekosan wrote:
29 Mar 2018, 00:36
Disco is fkn banned from the flamethrower. :lol:

Artful-dodgeR
Location: A part of Victoria that is basically South Australia.

Post by Artful-dodgeR » 31 Jan 2018, 14:03

Slay the spire.

Can't. Stop.
0 x

Darius359au

Post by Darius359au » 31 Jan 2018, 18:37

Damn it ,now I got run over by the Subnautica train and reinstalled to see how it's changed ,decided I dont like crash fish after I got blown OUT of the water trying to dodge it and failing :(
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 31 Jan 2018, 20:18

Been having the odd game of Overwatch lately and really enjoying it... in small bursts and non-competitive.
Still need to work out a few heroes, but I'm getting better at the few I do know now. And trust myself playing...

Also playing more Rocket League, it is easily my most played game in years, probably more than anything but WoW... And have gotten my competitive rank to a nice level this season, slowly pushing it up.
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Nitephyre

Post by Nitephyre » 31 Jan 2018, 21:19

So Mellie do you actually have a JOB?! How do you find the time to swap between games so much! :O
0 x
Mugsy wrote:
09 Oct 2018, 21:26
I got nothing for ya... I was raised to not do things I wouldn't want done to myself. And that's why anal sex is off the agenda.

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 31 Jan 2018, 21:30

Yeah, a pretty full on job too but mate you have GOT to commit yourself to the things you love :)

Many years of working with my wife to get to this point... she watches TV, I game, and a couple of nights a week we watch a movie together. Early evenings (when I'm home) and weekends are all about our two boys.

:P

So, Astroneer. What a brilliant experience.. to a point. Tonight I built my hydrazine catalyser and fuelled my space craft. As I looked on my sprawling base, it's bright lights and whirring research machines, I briefly wondered if leaving meant I'd just have to build it all again from scratch.

Launch was beautiful, hovering in the galaxy with around 6 planets in range... each planet, once approached, has landing bubbles you can select. So I did this on 4 different planets... all had me land on the sides of hills, cliffs or the tops of mountains. One final jump before I run out of fuel so I choose an exotic planet... and land on a Cliffside... right underneath two toxic mushrooms that kill me twice before I can clear them. Turns out exotic planets have shittonnes of researchable objects just hanging out in plain sight on the surface... but no resin (not unless I leave my mountain and oxygen supply for certain death) and resin is require to build your basic base.

So yeah, they need some work on the things you can do in the game once you're running a plus-powered base with high research output.

I gave up a four-stage vehicle for this :(
0 x

kharis

Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

Post by kharis » 01 Feb 2018, 23:13

Finished subnautica. Will jump back into creative at some stage and just turn the whole planet into a giant base I think

One thing that would have made life a lot easier is 3rd person cyclops driving. My poor sub got scraped to buggery

Oh if anyone finds my time capsule let me know
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 01 Feb 2018, 23:39

Ermagherd... you finished?!?!?! Wow! Nice work!

What was the story there? Did you just power through the story to the rocket? Did you meet the Emperor? Cleanse your infection?

I'm impressed :D

Was on Stationeers tonight which I only just found out is made by Dean Hall (creator of DayZ). Very complex, but very satisfying... I can now keep my batteries powered at the least.... gotta work on getting my furnace pressurised correctly and running, and then somehow learn how to set up logic circuits so I can automate my solar array..

On the left, suspended in the air, is my furnace... I have no idea how to move it now that it's placed :(
0 x

kharis

Post by kharis » 02 Feb 2018, 08:51

DarkMellie wrote:
01 Feb 2018, 23:39
Ermagherd... you finished?!?!?! Wow! Nice work!

What was the story there? Did you just power through the story to the rocket? Did you meet the Emperor? Cleanse your infection?

I'm impressed :D
i was a bit lost so i did read up on a few things and then just did the story with minimal wandering around.

those green gates save you a bit of travel time which is nice

so story wise - will spoiler just in case
went through all the alien bases had to turn on the thermal plant and then met the emperor and helped hatch her eggs (ended up making a one room base in her house so i could fabricate the blueprint you need

once cured went back to the floating island base and turned off the gun and jumped on my rocket (which i was conveniently building right outside) and flew away. (not sure what happens if you try and take off while still infected, whether it doesn't let you or you get shot down and lose a rocket (because that would suck))

Not sure what happens now as Alterra wont let me go home until I pay them a trillion dollars :/

Also managed to find a cuttlefish and hatch it too so 100% on the achievements. Yay!
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 02 Feb 2018, 09:49

Rofl at the charge to go home, that's such a perfect ending.

Very impressive stuff, maybe I'll do that on the Xbox version before I give up and wait for 1.0.
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 02 Feb 2018, 23:29

DCS World Open Beta for 2.5 is now up... 117,000 square kilometres of Caucasus wilderness.

I just hope that after recently nursing my DCS alpha install back to health (having to redownload and re-security-key all modules) that I don't need to do that again for the beta.

That and the IL2 Cliffs of Dover blitz edition is now a thing... lots of flying fun on the way methinks.
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 03 Feb 2018, 12:44

Just me here, in a room, spammin'...

Subnautica on Xbox One (original) - what a fucking nightmare of framerate slideshows and pop-in. I now see why 1.0 won't happen on console for a long while yet. So glad I have an XOX. Obviously, neither are even close to the PC version.

I've been interested in getting into boardgaming as something fun to do with my wife, so today grabbed Twilight Struggle on iPad ($14). The irl version of this was the number one two-player game on boardgamegeeks.com for like, 10 years. Anywho... super heavy. Lots of rules, it's going to take me a long time to learn.

Anyone else a boardgame fan? Would love some two player recommendations.

OH AND OMG, whoever it was that suggested the scanner HUD for Subnautica... that has absolutely changed the game. That's just made farming and building so much easier and is exactly what I was complaining about before... not being able to find what had been scanned by the scanner room. Game-changer. I went from 300 meters to 900 meters in my Seamoth within 5 minutes and now don't even really need the cyclops.
0 x

kharis

Post by kharis » 03 Feb 2018, 13:26

Scanner hud is the greatest :)
0 x

Kendrite

Post by Kendrite » 03 Feb 2018, 14:06

I just built the scanner room and I hope it helps finding mineral deposits because I'm getting a bit bored swimming around randomly (and they don't seem to regrow).

I see there are 4 upgrades you can do to the scanner room. Do you do 3 range upgrades and the HUD upgrade? Or can you do 4 ranged upgrades and the HUD thing is separate?
0 x

kharis

Post by kharis » 03 Feb 2018, 14:09

the hud upgrade goes into one of the slots on your character like the compass, great thing is if you have multiple scanner rooms searching for different things they all show up
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 03 Feb 2018, 16:04

yeah ken, get the hud upgrade, absolutely changes the mid-game.

Went to 900 meters... wow.
Found some infected crabsquids and an abandoned Degasi base in the lost river... found a cyclops mod in there, and there is also a collectible in the middle-tier of the base but no way I could see to get in.
Also, the Sea-Treaders path...
absolutely the best source of re-farmable high-end minerals that I've so far found. It's near the floating island (slightly to the west) and starts at about 300 meters down and goes for well over a kilometre. These big tri-pedal sentients dig up shale outcrops with each footfall... I was loading up on lead, lithium, diamond, gold... trip after trip after trip.
Such an amazing game to explore!
0 x

brimlad

Post by brimlad » 03 Feb 2018, 17:41

DarkMellie wrote:
02 Feb 2018, 23:29
DCS World Open Beta for 2.5 is now up... 117,000 square kilometres of Caucasus wilderness.

I just hope that after recently nursing my DCS alpha install back to health (having to redownload and re-security-key all modules) that I don't need to do that again for the beta.

That and the IL2 Cliffs of Dover blitz edition is now a thing... lots of flying fun on the way methinks.
apparently "Activations. All activation keys are saved in the Windows Registry and NO additional activation will be required."
I'll be waiting for 2.5 to go out of beta and 1.5 and 2.5 integration I think that will be easier I still have issues with BS2 in 2.2 but it works fine in 1.5

will be nice when the 2 versions are one
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 03 Feb 2018, 20:01

thanks for that, brim. So very confusing with multiple installs and their utterly terrible steam vs store paths (I have to install Black Shark on Steam in order to setup all my store content).
0 x

Kendrite

Post by Kendrite » 03 Feb 2018, 20:47

I think I'm a fair bit behind some of you but finally got a Seamoth (shame about the depth limit but still fast and fun).

Now I'm hunting for Magnetite to upgrade my scanner room - I think it (I cheated) is in the Jellyshroom caves - as luck as it right next to my base!
0 x

brimlad

Post by brimlad » 04 Feb 2018, 10:56

DarkMellie wrote:
03 Feb 2018, 20:01
thanks for that, brim. So very confusing with multiple installs and their utterly terrible steam vs store paths (I have to install Black Shark on Steam in order to setup all my store content).
once they sort out the versions I hope things will become simpler and the steam and DCS shop will also resync, kinda of annoying having a steam and DCS version but I guess it all comes back to money.

much content this year though, so good flying ahead :D
0 x

Yurtles

Post by Yurtles » 04 Feb 2018, 13:56

Finished Subnautica. That game was so much more than I expected... but also a bit less than what I expected in other ways. Really well made though, rock solid design and implementation. Glad I decided to give it a go.
0 x
BorisBC wrote:Pro tip - if you have to spew in a car, spew down the (inside) front of your shirt. Trust me, it's a lot easier to clean spew off yourself than the interior of a car.

Kendrite

Post by Kendrite » 04 Feb 2018, 14:10

Roughly how many hours did it take to finish?
0 x

Yurtles

Post by Yurtles » 04 Feb 2018, 14:18

It says I've got 61 hours played. But I stuffed around a LOT. Made half a dozen properly decent bases, hoarded a stupid amount of resources that I never used and often left it running while I wandered off to do other things.
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 04 Feb 2018, 23:26

Likewise for me, Yurtles... I don't want the game to end! Bases are fun to build and with multiple scanner rooms on the go it's much easier to follow the upgrade paths that I want to.

This bastard though...

0 x