Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

This is where all the random stuff goes
Mini

Re: Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

Post by Mini » 15 Aug 2018, 10:13

Yes you can.
You should be able to buy the blueprint for it from a space station.
You will need Nanites to buy it.

Only down side to shooting them is that for everyone you shoot the "wanted" level increases and they send backup (Usually 2 for each you kill) So you will need to retreat or find a hiding spot at some point
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 15 Aug 2018, 10:24

Killing them also gives you Pugneum which can be a useful resource
0 x
"Put the damn gun down, boy. It aint no toy." - Lite

Kendrite

Post by Kendrite » 16 Aug 2018, 19:59

Trying to update my Nvidia drivers because I haven't for ages. Why the Fk do I have to log in?! I can't remember my damn password and I have to reset it. I just want the driver to use your stupid hardware. Never been to AMD - do you have to sign in to download their driver???

Edit: Is there somewhere I can get the official drivers without stuffing around (should have looked for this before posting)?

Edit 2: Found I could manually download driver from Nvidia website so maybe I was ranting a bit. Still it'd be good if you could update using the Gforce Experience thingy without jumping through hoops...
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 17 Aug 2018, 18:40

Yeah hate that nvidia want you to have an account to use their tool, super annoying,. But yes, you found the direct links!

Still cracking on Warframe... now have 19 warframes, a bunch of primed weapons and a few prime warframes as well. Hitting for 32k damage on a good crit, with a base damage of 19k. Focused now on closing out a few more achievements (currently on 2200G with about 600 to go) current order of effort is;

* farming focus to increase void abilities
* farming Eidolon Plains for resources to help me buy pets for my orbiter
* farming teralysts/hydralysts/gantulysts because every so often they drop a cute little miniature of themselves that you can use as decoration

So much fun!

Outside of that, mainly playing No Man's Sky still. Post Scriptum has released but after one effort of trying to get in, I kept getting the same error I do on Squad sometimes where i just cannot connect to a server.

Anyone trying Bad North? Looked at some vids today, seems pretty cool.
0 x
TS: tms-1.games.on.net Channel: Mellie's Random Games Password: gonmellie

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 20 Aug 2018, 23:05

Kinda half surprised that Rainbow Six Siege is still massively alive on PC. On Xbox, I can't my copy running at all, constant error messages, super frustrating. Joined up on PC and max wait is 28 seconds.

Still such an excellent game too.

Wife was watching movies on my xbox account tonight so it's been all PC... kinda bored by all things at the moment... watching Breaking Bad and just jumping into games for 5 minutes a-piece.
0 x

Disco

Post by Disco » 21 Aug 2018, 09:52

I was hoping it would be more like Rainbow Six Vegas and less like Call of Duty tho
0 x
Nekosan wrote:
29 Mar 2018, 00:36
Disco is fkn banned from the flamethrower. :lol:

storm84

Post by storm84 » 22 Aug 2018, 21:43

Since I've had some time off work, I've been slowly grinding towards the finish of Muddle Earth - Shadow of War. It took me an embarrassingly long time to realise there's a quest menu (despite the game prompting me several times) and using that to switch between the regions is essential to advance in the gameplay.
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 23 Aug 2018, 13:57

I decided that I felt like an MMO that wasn't WoW, so I ended up buying the expansions for GW2.
So far I am enjoying running around and questing, need to find some other people that play it though so I'm not always on my own.

Rocket League is still fun, as hoping to get my ranks up a bit further... but looks like I would need to focus on training in it (And change my button bindings) and I can't be bothered wit that. So happy to be a Plat player...
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 23 Aug 2018, 16:16

Disco: i have a lot of love for Vegas and GRAW but Siege is just this perfectly distilled tactical experience in my eyes. The fact they intend a 10 year development wjndow rather than sequels is also tremendously exciting... lota of deeply layered gameplay (via the various 'powers') gives it massive legs.

Kel: holy shit the amount of times i've cracked it with a game only to ckme back later and find that I hadn't paid attention to instruction... way too many to count. And I had exactly the same experience with SoW!

Mini: love GW2 but bever grabbed the thorns expansion... i'm stuck on a questlibe atm that maybe I'll call on you fo lr help with at some stage?

Me: back around release time I played a LOT of Burnout Paradise, with an equally hardcore group of friends on the ps3. Ever since then I felt bored with it, but enjoyed watching my eldest get into it recently. Then I saw the remastered version on sale and hooly dooly, i've sunk maybe 20 hours into it in just 4 days. So much fun, so much to do and also remembered about Showtime and how to trigger it (Lucas webt off his face when he saw it and is now addicted). Highly recommend this one if obtained at a bargain price.
0 x

Disco

Post by Disco » 23 Aug 2018, 17:50

Nah I don't feel it, sure it's got tactics but it's nothing more than a slightly more complex twitch shooter - too arcadey for me
0 x
Nekosan wrote:
29 Mar 2018, 00:36
Disco is fkn banned from the flamethrower. :lol:

kharis

Post by kharis » 25 Aug 2018, 10:46

finally got off mars in warframe, now to get to the next planet that has a story mission
0 x

storm84

Post by storm84 » 25 Aug 2018, 13:30

DarkMellie wrote:
23 Aug 2018, 16:16
Kel: holy shit the amount of times i've cracked it with a game only to ckme back later and find that I hadn't paid attention to instruction... way too many to count. And I had exactly the same experience with SoW!
I'm finally at the epilogue with the game now. So much time in Act II and I then breeze through Act III in about 45 minutes this morning. Hoping to finish today so I can get started on something new tomorrow - either We Happy Few, or Dishonored 2 probably.
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 26 Aug 2018, 13:48

Stellaris is coming to console. Wtf.

Hope they can re-release EUIV as well. Would love me some Paradox achievements!
0 x

storm84

Post by storm84 » 28 Aug 2018, 15:12

Finally finished Middle Earth: Shadow of War. The ending was a bit of a grind to get through - after all the work done to reach the crescendo of the story in act 3, the final section of fortress defence was a bit of a grind. And it never feels good to end a game with a final few hours of just grinding.

Still, the nemesis system and overall combat mechanics made the game enjoyable, so the ending is a minor complaint.
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 02 Sep 2018, 23:15

Playing Vampire The Masquerade again (got about a quarter of the way through last time). Such a good game, I really want to commit to seeing it through this time around.

Grabbed DayZ on Xbox preview... runs really smoothly, super excited to hang out with my usual gaming party... but fuck me what a pile of shit. I played the PC version again recently and it seems stuck in development hell so no idea why I thought a console version might be different. I'll forgive a lot of games their flaws or ambitions... I loved No Man's Sky upon first release (and X-Rebirth), but to die twice just walking between towns? That's all I did, walk <5km and died each time from... fukifino... just incredible.

EDIT: Escape from Tarkov having a 15% sale between the 3rd and 5th of August (now).
0 x

Nekosan

Post by Nekosan » 03 Sep 2018, 00:41

They ported DayZ? It's been in development hell ever since they decided to use a modified engine for the stand alone and it couldnt handle zombies... sounds like a bullshit cashgrab to me. Survival is dead until someone makes a gamewhere the zombies/whatever are actually threatening, the entire reason battle royale has been so popular is that it cuts out all the bullshit devs try and build into "survival" which is totally pointless.

All the best times in DayZ there were murderous hordes of zombies and pvp was an actual choice rather than just kill on sight because theres no reason not to.
0 x
steamcommunity.com/id/krautpants

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 03 Sep 2018, 12:57

Agreed, Neko. It's fun to go back and watch Frankie's DayZ videos to see how the game used to be fun before the desolate wasteland of standalone came out. Still, had a better day today, managed to at least kit myself out with a helmet, fireman's axe and some food and water... even found a Mosin but of course, no ammo.

Grabbed SCUM. Now that is a cool survival game. Mechs, ample goodies to pick up (although same problem... two weapons and no ammo)... and holy shit I can urinate and poop (on people!). Some very cool concepts at play around keeping your vitamin levels up, your colon empty and your wounds patched. Very promising, but definitely would be better in a group.

Also grabbed Green Hell... jungle survival-sim/story game. No look inversion on mouse yet though... so no more playtime from me until that happens.
0 x

Nekosan

Post by Nekosan » 03 Sep 2018, 19:29

DarkMellie wrote:
03 Sep 2018, 12:57
Agreed, Neko. It's fun to go back and watch Frankie's DayZ videos to see how the game used to be fun before the desolate wasteland of standalone came out.
Even Frankies videos were always just manufactured bs, they played a lot of various arma zombie mods which even at a basic level were better than Dayz but they always just built custom servers with a pile of mods that barely work and made it look like some spectacular game it never was.

It really just fuks with my head nobody has done it right yet.
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 03 Sep 2018, 19:46

Manufactured or otherwise, Frankie's vids were (still are) awesome!
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 04 Sep 2018, 00:42

Made my way to the airfield in the middle of the map... hauling my 41 year old fat-arse there after plumbing an underground bunker and escaping a horde of angry military-zombies...

But it's so secure! On the right, a mech, in the middle some xombies and another mech to the left with what looks to be 200 meters of ground to cover.

A problem for tomorrow night.
0 x

Nekosan

Post by Nekosan » 04 Sep 2018, 16:54

Your ass is getting sniped crossing that killing field lmao...

I feel bad for the guy i ran into after disco went to bed the other night, i spotted him trying to peek me and as he stepped out i emptied my only 9mm mag @ him. He had a shotgun, k98, mp5 and a better pistol than mine + armour.....had.
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 05 Sep 2018, 00:01

Unrucky! Couldn't get SCUM going tonight so that was off the menu.

Cleaned up some Warframe, started installing the BFV beta, went to play some PUBG (now 1.0 on console) and there's Xbox outages affecting profiles... no games for me.
0 x

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 05 Sep 2018, 08:45

Started playing Shadow of War from the start again, finding the combat quite intuitive and fluid after playing both LOTR games quite a bit in the past. Last time I played it was on my old PC, runs smooth as on the new beastie and UWS monitor :D
0 x
"Put the damn gun down, boy. It aint no toy." - Lite

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 06 Sep 2018, 00:49

Oooooh... I need new monitors. These things are nearly 12 years old!

Void Destroyer 2 is in the best shape of its life right now. Skyboxes done, story mode updated, gameplay is still a blast. Think of it as a space-RPG/RTS, gorgeous voxel-y/borderlands-y style visuals.
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 07 Sep 2018, 22:07

Green Hell now has mouse inversion!

Very cool game... check-it...

Okay so... I've been getting back into EUIV which was triggered by hearing of Stellaris coming to console. Wanted to try Oman because the Arabian peninsula is an interesting place and because Oman makes me think of Battlefield 2. Oman is of the Ibadi faith, one of just three countries in the world to have that particular Muslim faith back in the 1400's.

Oman is hemmed in by Hormuz who are your natural rivals as they block your access to oceanic trade. Across the peninsula, no matter how many restarts I did, there would be a web of alliances protecting Hormuz and making life extremely hard for this particular playthrough. But today, I got lucky... straight up I was able to improve relationships and get myself two royal marriages which very quickly led to alliances... but Hormuz had allied with the Timurids and Najd, both of whom are very strong in the early game. Despite building up a solid spy network and trying to wreak havoc from within, there was no opportunity to declare war without pulling in all of Hormuz's allies so I knew I needed to wait for them to get pulled into a losing war before I could make a move.

While waiting, I was able to rush tech 4 giving me stronger armies and kept my troops updated and bang on the force-limit. Eventually, the Timurids were beset by civil unrest across the breadth of its holdings which would quickly lead to an opportunistic rival bringing armies to her borders. Sure enough that happened, and Hormuz was pulled into conflict.

A short time later, emboldened by the 'Quality' idea (giving me a boost to my manpower pool) I declared with both my allies responding to my call. Quickly capturing the fort of Masqat (a key stake for trade power in the region), I grabbed a few more territories before Hormuz finally sent an army in. Foolishly, he went right to the opposite end to take back his first province, allowing me to park my army such that he was trapped. His 8,000 troops looked formidable against my 6,000, but I knew my early tech-rush meant I could handle them, and as well my army was stationary (giving my defensive bonuses).

Finally I called it, taking a bunch of territory that gave me access to more trade-power, the ability to build light-boats to protect and steer trade, and crucially it gave me access to territory in the adjoining sea tile (allowing me to skip my way up the eastern coast).

Okay, so Hormuz is now not worth rivaling so I pick Haase who have been busy with cordoning off the top end of my future-arabia, and my 12 year truce with Hormuz was going to cause difficulties as they had their one territory left on my north-western flank that was a painful little hurdle in my expansion. To my south, my ally of Mahra was looking like a good expansionist territory but our joint alliance with Baluchistan meant this would be a huge risk (given the Timmies were now all but dismantled and Baluchistan had picked up a LOT of territory).

So I waited it out again, re-setting my sights on Hormuz and planning out my trade expansion. The truce ended, Hormuz again found themselves embroiled in a war across the waves... and here I made a critical error. He'd picked up some new allies and all indicated they would respond... but I could see that Hormuz was on the losing side of his own and would be hopefully bleeding manpower... hopefully...

I declared, quickly capturing the entire coastline with my now 9,000 highly trained troops and 3-pip shock general... only to see an amassed force of some 26,000 troops from Hormuz and her allies. I had neglected to check into the newest members of her alliance, nor even do something as simple as checking the log to see what their combined force and manpower limits were.

I knew immediately that I was done. No option for a peaceful closure and a steamroller about to dismember my domain.

Gonna fuck their shit up next time.
0 x