Wonder what will happen to the emulation scene?

This is where all the random stuff goes
Mugsy

Wonder what will happen to the emulation scene?

Post by Mugsy » 26 Aug 2018, 13:06

For those that haven't heard, the Big N sued two emulation sites a few weeks back and a fair few others have taken down access to roms at least for Nintendo games but Emuparadise has gone the extra mile to get rid of all their roms:

Yeah, it's clear that roms for games you don't own are illegal to download. But I do have to agree with the video above that I would never have experienced some games had people not translated the rom to english, or have been able to access some games since finding a legit physical copy in good working condition with hardware that'll work well with modern TVs is just not viable now for some games/systems. Hell, the fact that I could mod the SNES mini with roms was the reason I bought two of them. Not really sure I'm all that interested in getting an N64 mini if one ever comes out... it'll be missing all the Rare games and it looks like it'll be a pain for me to amend that especially since I doubt it'll have an online shopfront for me to buy additional games.

Ironically, I've been disappointed by two big Japanese companies starting with N this year... Nintendo (for the above) and Nikon (for discontinuing their 1 mirrorless camera system). I've definitely ruled out getting a Nissan car now - lol. Actually, scratch that... Nissan's debt collectors keep sending me mail for a past resident from my home. I keep telling them that person no longer lives here but their finance system is just fucked. There's my trifecta of disappointments from Japanese N companies this year.
0 x

Mugsy

Re: Wonder what will happen to the emulation scene?

Post by Mugsy » 10 Sep 2018, 21:42

Watchmojo leveraging off this recent discussion...

0 x