My AFK reason

Welcome to the NWN forums!
Gotrek1966

My AFK reason

Post by Gotrek1966 » 13 Oct 2016, 16:44

heyhey, the reason I have not been online is due to my local phone/net exchange being useless with congestion once the afternoon comes around and makes online games unplayable. Seriously 0.15Mbps at time. :evil:

Hoping Telstra play ball and fix it by the end of the month like they are supposed to but awaiting the usual "nah, will wait another 6 months" bullshit.

So yea, until they sort this shit out the entire suburb suffers. :(

Gotrek
0 x

Sathias

Re: My AFK reason

Post by Sathias » 13 Oct 2016, 20:25

How is it that internet has gone backwards over the last few years >_> A truly remarkable achievement for the government and industry
0 x
"Put the damn gun down, boy. It aint no toy." - Lite

Gotrek1966

Post by Gotrek1966 » 14 Oct 2016, 11:34

Worst part is our suburb was first on the list to get NBN first. They started work then realised the exchange was shit for NBN so are doing every other suburb and we are now last on the list.

Bloody fiasco.
0 x

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 14 Oct 2016, 15:59

Sounds like a similar situation I'm in. My suburb is the most conjested in SA so it was put in the too hard basket (according to a NBN rep I spoke to)
0 x

Maditay

Post by Maditay » 15 Oct 2016, 01:32

Same here but I float around and help where I can, when I can.
0 x

n1cholas

Post by n1cholas » 15 Oct 2016, 15:43

Sathias wrote:Sounds like a similar situation I'm in. My suburb is the most conjested in SA so it was put in the too hard basket (according to a NBN rep I spoke to)
NBN have rung people including myself to ask them about their connection reliability, Telstra has shared limited fault data with NBN and this data + feedback from contacted users (appears calls are targetted at users with the highest number of reported faults in an area) is being used to profile and avoid troublesome areas.

The NBN is prioritising areas where less remediation work is required and the copper is in better condition to give the illusion that FTTN isn't the underperforming and unreliable junk it is and to increase the pace of Read for Service connection (RFS doesn't actually mean said premises can connect btw).

The shit will really hit the fan later in the rollout when the worst areas are cut over to FTTN as FTTN can be more unreliable than ADSL with less consistent performance.

Pathetic that those with the worst internet services and those with internet service will be some of the last in the country to get fraudband.

FTTN as currently being implemented quickly runs out of backhaul bandwidth due to lack of backhaul capacity so it's not a wise idea to be one of the first to move to FTTN when it reaches your area as if congestion is an issue and FTTN is basically dialup during peak hours you'd be better off on your average ADSL2+ connection.

NBN have taken many months to upgrade backhaul in fibre areas and many FTTN cabinets have had congested backhaul since FTTN was first starting to be rolled out almost a year ago.
1 x

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 15 Oct 2016, 16:27

This is the third time I have heard this from different sources n1cholas, fucking shameful if that is really what they are doing. All about politics rather than outcomes, all smoke and mirrors. Seems like something tech journos should investigate and expose.
0 x

Katheraine

Post by Katheraine » 22 Dec 2016, 14:13

all sounds screamingly familiar
0 x