Edon Cookies - Changes

Welcome to the NWN forums!
vorly

Re: Edon Cookies - Changes

Post by vorly » 21 Feb 2019, 17:48

I'm not trying to undermine the effort taken to achieve 20 in all crafts, I wish people would get past the 'oh he's attacking crafters i must defend myself'. I believe it should get more cookies than adventuring - hence the value of 3-4 cookies. I believe I do have somewhat of an understanding of what it takes to get 20 I have crafting at 20 in 2x crafts, some crafts are relatively easy to max, can be power leveled quite quickly. My biggest issue is the devaluation of community driven events and content people give up their personal time to make the game better.

Can you objectively say that getting 1x crafting skill to 20 is worth the equivalent to someone running an event for players on the server and maxing 2x is the equivalent to someone creating a new map with new monsters for people to explore?
0 x

southead

Post by southead » 21 Feb 2019, 18:33

Currently it's a crafting boom, people making multiple crafters for their 12 cookies *gimme* *gimme*.
Honestly, I haven't seen anyone leveling up an epic crafter just for the cookies...

For me, It was about opening a shop, helping younger players access peerless weaponry and armour, and filling a gap in the form of fletching. I discussed how I was going to focus my schematics with Iona and other crafters and decided to see if it worked out. I made my second crafter to gain schematics is Enchanting and Weapon Crating so could provide Ingots of Enhancement free of charge and make Excelsior blades, something Murrpau wasn't strong enough to do. And to be honest, I really enjoyed the whole process of crafting, call me crazy but I got the bug like Iona :lol:
0 x

Sapphire

Post by Sapphire » 21 Feb 2019, 19:00

I am with Southy on this matter... Don't see a boom in crafting to get (11) cookies...
The only real dedicated crafter is Iona and I wish him/her all the best in that endeavour to make the perfect crafter...

Personally I have just the 2 crafters and the rest of my characters often collect stuff for those 2 whilst adventurering around... Having shop's is a great way to advertise the goods you created out of a hell of lot of hard work...

Despite the perception of crafting boom most my characters get their early levels through crafting as an easier option to get those early levels in peaceful activity without the spawning of scourge that would usually mean death comes along too quickly for my liking and way to often too... If I can get 15 to 20 levels before my character goes out and about in relatively safe environment then that is my choice...

If another chooses a different path to their play here then that is their choice... But please don't accuse those that don't play your way of crafting just for cookies... If this was the case I'd have about 12 crafters by now and am sure others would too if not more...
0 x

André Axe'm

Post by André Axe'm » 21 Feb 2019, 19:02

One thing I'd like to point out, is that Crafters don't have an easy way to get crafting gems, as their builds are usually not great at beating up high level content. The Cookies give them something that allows them to get some high level crafting gems if they want to.
0 x

Iona

Post by Iona » 21 Feb 2019, 19:25

In answer to your questions Vorly 1. Have been involved in organising events that filled a server (we had 3 back then) and no where near as difficult as getting to 20 in a craft.

2. I have not the expertise and thought was a Dev. Team Admin. area of responsibility. So cannot comment.

Not particularly defending myself/crafters just giving a different perspective.

Iona
0 x

Fraggermuffin

Post by Fraggermuffin » 23 Feb 2019, 13:57

I haven't even bothered asking for Cookies for my crafts, despite being an Epic Crafter. I see crafting as a necessity for playing the game, as I don't want to have to rely on others to get where I need to go.

I voted against Cookies, as DM run events and interaction have been near non-existent for many years now. I don't even know if you could call the server a RP server any more, tbh. It's just not really possible with such a small player base.
0 x
Solo ranter.