Progress blocked by doors locked?

Welcome to the NWN forums!
Novoshijak

Progress blocked by doors locked?

Post by Novoshijak » 27 Dec 2018, 14:52

I have been around the Great Northern Forest many times looking for the leader of the Lizard Cult (Home Security Quest), but cannot seem to find her 'cottage' as described by Lord Dunraven...

All cottages appear to be locked... There is a door in the Tunnel that would appear to lead somewhere, but it is also locked...

Is this something that required the assistance of a Rogue?

On the same note, for a separate task, the entrance to the Dread Castle courtyard also appears to be locked?

Any advice appreciated...
0 x

Navarre

Re: Progress blocked by doors locked?

Post by Navarre » 27 Dec 2018, 15:16

You will certainly need a rogue to open the tunnel door (and you are heading the right direction there) and there are also some other traps and locks that a rogue will prove useful in the cottage itself. Failing finding a rogue there are certain items you can purchase from crafter stores that will boost your open lock skill which may mean you can open them yourself. (I'm not sure if you can bash the door down, but that might be an option too)

Unsure on the Dread Castle, I haven't been in there for a long time, but I imagine a rogue will be of assistance there too.

Drop Lenadia Thorave a message in game, she loves opening things.

-Nav-
0 x
'Of all the things I ever lost, I miss my mind the most'

WilStryker

Post by WilStryker » 27 Dec 2018, 16:11

Dread Castle has 1 locked door with a DC of 20 i believe so you only need 1 in open lock and your in.

Regarding the cottage, two locked doors, one in the caves, then another to get upstairs, Cant remember the DC for these but you would need min 20 in unlock open these.

I may be able to open them, if you see me in game I'll pop up and open them for you.
0 x

André Axe'm

Post by André Axe'm » 27 Dec 2018, 16:41

I can't find a locked door to the Courtyard of Dread Castle, but if its DC 20 you could use even the weakest version of Knock to open it.
The door into the Cult HQ is DC 55, so you will need a Rogue or a Scroll of Greater Unlocking. Or maybe a really high level Empowered Knock can break it.
0 x

WilStryker

Post by WilStryker » 27 Dec 2018, 19:22

The door to the courtyard wouldve been unlocked as I was wandering around there today.
0 x

André Axe'm

Post by André Axe'm » 27 Dec 2018, 19:54

I was looking in the toolset. The only locked door I could fine doesn't go anywhere. But I didn't check the tower doors.
0 x

Novoshijak

Post by Novoshijak » 27 Dec 2018, 20:29

Thanks for the tips everyone...

The door in question is the door in 'Dread Castle - Exterior' that leads to 'Dread Castle - Courtyard'...

It is indeed a DC 20, so I was able to get in easily after putting one point into 'Open Lock' at my latest level...

The DC 55 for the Lizard Cult will likely require some rogue assistance...
0 x

André Axe'm

Post by André Axe'm » 28 Dec 2018, 11:33

Okay... For some reason that door starts as unlocked, but locks itself 5 minutes after being opened.
I don't know if its supposed to do that or not.
Not being set to start locked and having DC 20 suggests it shouldn't be. But I'm not sure how that script could be there otherwise.
0 x