Etiquette in crafting please...

Welcome to the NWN forums!
Sapphire

Etiquette in crafting please...

Post by Sapphire » 29 Jan 2019, 05:10

I don't know who this was nor am I too concerned about it, but I thought I should mention it here...

Today or at least my time this morning (Monday), I had one of my characters mining and processing platinum at a near by forge converting them to ingots... When doing a number of batches of 6 a time... Another crafter started loading silver into the same forge station as I was working at... ie, Not waiting til either I had finished my work there nor asking me if I was finished started loading silver ore...

I was so incensed by this I started taking the silver ore into my inventory as this other one loaded it on top of my platinum ore... I did not send a message to this person but took all the silver ore out of the station he/she had put in and then continued to load my platinum to process it... This is in my opinion extremely rude and totally unnecessary as there is another forge in the next chamber that was free like in game terms only 20 feet away... ie. like less than 10 seconds away...

If one is so impatient again I will not return such ore after I have finished my processing like I did on this occassion... I will simply take it to the trash can and dump it...

So you have a simple choice, ask if I have finished before you load up your stuff or go use the next nearest forge instead if you'r in such a rush... In other words a modicome of politeness would be appreciated far more than sheer arrogance and rudeness...
0 x

WilStryker

Re: Etiquette in crafting please...

Post by WilStryker » 29 Jan 2019, 18:02

Were you at the rock (ie away from the forge) mining away getting your next batch of 6 items, or had them loaded onto the forge and about to hit smelt ?
0 x

Sapphire

Post by Sapphire » 29 Jan 2019, 19:57

I was a the forge smelting my platinum and had been there a good 8 minutes or so doing the batches of 6 out of my inventory one after another... At no time was I away from the forge I just remained there until I had smelted all the ore in my inventory... This should be closed off as the person concerned has now apologised in a private PM ...
0 x

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 29 Jan 2019, 20:35

Locked by request
0 x
"Put the damn gun down, boy. It aint no toy." - Lite