Battlefield 1

The question: First or third person?
The answer: *boom* Headshot!
Mythor

Re: Battlefield 1 is coming!

Post by Mythor » 16 Aug 2016, 11:48

Traiiiiiiiiin! :dance:

Loved the bit with the sniper going for a headshot on the armoured machinegunner and him just shrugging it off. :thumbup:

Open beta is coming September 1, Battlefield Insiders (mailing list subscribers) get access some time shortly before that. Either way, about two weeks to go!
0 x
"Me ate truck once." - Cookie Monster
Player Attack! - Diablo 3 Clan Details

Yurtles

Post by Yurtles » 16 Aug 2016, 12:53

That machinegunner bit actually has me the most hesitant. They're an elite class - https://www.battlefield.com/news/articl ... te-classes

It doesn't sound like they're as insanely overpowered as the heroes in Battlefront - and come with built in weaknesses, which is good.... but if the Max suits in Planetside 2 have taught me anything it's that while having something that completely outclasses everyone else is some fun for the individual, it just plain ruins the game for everyone who has to play against them.

I don't like that sort of gameplay, it reeks of a "everybody gets a trophy!" style of design.
0 x
BorisBC wrote:Pro tip - if you have to spew in a car, spew down the (inside) front of your shirt. Trust me, it's a lot easier to clean spew off yourself than the interior of a car.

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 16 Aug 2016, 13:40

You could say the same of the tanks and planes though. At least the Sentry will encourage people to have gas weapons and thus masks equipped. Will have to see how they go in the beta.
0 x

stingtwo

Post by stingtwo » 17 Aug 2016, 17:30

the Gamescom bf1 livestream replay https://www.twitch.tv/battlefield/v/83982838 skip to the 10minute mark cause it's only the "starting soon" splash screen before that
0 x

Yurtles

Post by Yurtles » 18 Aug 2016, 09:38

Awesome. Seems like my elite class fears were completely unfounded, it looks like they're more to add flavour to the combat rather than give someone a big leg up on other people.
0 x
BorisBC wrote:Pro tip - if you have to spew in a car, spew down the (inside) front of your shirt. Trust me, it's a lot easier to clean spew off yourself than the interior of a car.

Mini

Post by Mini » 30 Aug 2016, 16:46

Got my email with a code to the beta today... looks like it is starting now by the email wording...
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 30 Aug 2016, 17:47

Yes, seems like it's starting right away, at least for Insiders?

7.1gb download.

Reach rank 15 and play on at least four different days to get a beta dog tag when the game launches.
0 x

MUG

Post by MUG » 30 Aug 2016, 20:21

I don't like it, it feels all wrong, the hit boxes are crap (even with my less than 20 ping) and that map is as boring as batshit.
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 30 Aug 2016, 20:31

My download keeps going fast then stopping, fast then stop, fast then stop...
So no playing tonight, maybe tomorrow...
0 x

uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 30 Aug 2016, 20:44

MUG wrote:and that map is as boring as batshit.
Getting the big cannon on the train is pretty fun. Destroy lots of things, occasionally blow some enemies up.
Horse riding was pretty fun too. Ran one guy down, chopped another with my sword, jumped over sandbags.
And it's good to have the terrain destruction happening again.

... not thrilled by the gunplay. Need to give it some more time. Sure is pretty though.
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 01 Sep 2016, 07:20

Grabbing the open beta myself. Says it'll take 2.5hrs... will see how much I can do before I leave for work. Left my PC on overnight to grab some steam games so not keen on leaving it on while I'm at work.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:
02 Dec 2018, 21:33
It'll look amazing shoved up his ass if he doesn't actually learn to play the fucking thing.

Mini

Post by Mini » 01 Sep 2016, 11:58

Played a few games last night.
Enjoyed Rush more than Conquest, but still suck at these games... actually kinda suck at FPS's in general these days, and don't have the time or energy to stick one out long enough to get good at it
0 x

uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Ralph Wiggum

Post by Ralph Wiggum » 01 Sep 2016, 13:30

Unfortunately when the actual game comes out you'll pretty much be playing only conquest servers. I have wonderful memories of rush back from the days of Bad Company 2 but if BF3 and BF4 are anything to go by...yeah, you're pretty much stuck with one game mode.

Gonna give BF1 a miss I reckon.
0 x
RIP Games.On.Net.

Mini

Post by Mini » 01 Sep 2016, 17:02

I played last night with 7 others on TS, the best part of the whole thing was being online with 7 others talking shit.
I don't think any of us really enjoyed the game, it was OK, but not awesome... there was more bitching about it then good things said...

Also I lost all in game sound, so that was slightly annoying...
0 x

uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Disco

Post by Disco » 01 Sep 2016, 17:10

Ralph Wiggum wrote:Unfortunately when the actual game comes out you'll pretty much be playing only conquest servers. I have wonderful memories of rush back from the days of Bad Company 2 but if BF3 and BF4 are anything to go by...yeah, you're pretty much stuck with one game mode.

I don't know why Rush took such a nose dive after BFBC2, it was the best game mode and pretty much the only one worth playing - conquest is balls.

Although I'm interested in Battlefield 1, I just don't see enough for the game to be worth the $$$ they're going to ask for it through the bullshit Premium system, so at this stage I'll be missing it as well.
0 x
Nekosan wrote:
29 Mar 2018, 00:36
Disco is fkn banned from the flamethrower. :lol:

Ralph Wiggum

Post by Ralph Wiggum » 01 Sep 2016, 17:14

Disco wrote:
Ralph Wiggum wrote:Unfortunately when the actual game comes out you'll pretty much be playing only conquest servers. I have wonderful memories of rush back from the days of Bad Company 2 but if BF3 and BF4 are anything to go by...yeah, you're pretty much stuck with one game mode.

I don't know why Rush took such a nose dive after BFBC2, it was the best game mode and pretty much the only one worth playing - conquest is balls.

Although I'm interested in Battlefield 1, I just don't see enough for the game to be worth the $$$ they're going to ask for it through the bullshit Premium system, so at this stage I'll be missing it as well.
Funnily enough its been Battlefront which has been feeding my rush mode desires, with walker assault and sabotage. Finding a populated server however, is the tricky part.
0 x
RIP Games.On.Net.

Duke

Post by Duke » 01 Sep 2016, 20:59

I'm finding it hard to get into the Beta as well, it's fairly uninspiring which is disappointing as this was one of the games I was looking forward the most this year. But yeah, scratch me up as another one that will most likely pass on BF1, because there's not much point unless you have the premium content and the game certainly isn't worth what they're asking.
0 x

Nekosan

Post by Nekosan » 02 Sep 2016, 01:59

Duke wrote:I'm finding it hard to get into the Beta as well, it's fairly uninspiring which is disappointing as this was one of the games I was looking forward the most this year. But yeah, scratch me up as another one that will most likely pass on BF1, because there's not much point unless you have the premium content and the game certainly isn't worth what they're asking.

Funny, we've had the exact opposite experience lmao.

I was 100% apathetic but after my first sabre kill im enjoying the hell out of it. Got a good 4 movies length of fun out of one level tonight for free so i doubt I'll hesitate to pay $80 for it. Pretty fun so far, game is gorgeous.
0 x
steamcommunity.com/id/krautpants

Duke

Post by Duke » 02 Sep 2016, 07:36

If Star Wars Battlefront is anything to go by, then BF1 base game at $80 odd bucks might have you throwing in the towel earlier than expected because the game (SW:B) isn't much fun unless you have the season pass.

But hey, glad to hear some are happy with it, Nekosan. :)

EDIT: $169.98 for the Ultimate Edition. EA should be embarrassed. :thumbdown:
0 x

Yurtles

Post by Yurtles » 02 Sep 2016, 20:29

Played for a few hours tonight. It's pretty good. Got a bit of that chaotic nature to it that Dice likes to put into their games - it gives me a feeling of "hurry up and do something before you get killed by that guy you know you won't see coming". Keeps things moving and you don't know what's going to happen next.

But Planetside 2 has spoiled me I think. Bigger fights, bigger maps, more functionality, more variety, more options and yet still giving me room to breathe and think about what I'm going to do next. Plus there's the whole not paying ^ $169.98 for the privilege of playing.
0 x

Yurtles

Post by Yurtles » 05 Sep 2016, 23:22

The servers have had the time limit removed in conquest. I also didn't notice any blatantly obvious hackers while playing tonight either, so they must have updated their anti-cheat at the same time they made the server changes. Between the two it makes a surprisingly large difference to the gameplay.

I'd recommend giving it one more try if you were turned off of it over the weekend, tonight has brought me round to thinking about buying at least the base game.
0 x

Nekosan

Post by Nekosan » 06 Sep 2016, 04:09

Sunday night i saw about 4+ hackers banned per game Yurtles, record was 8. They really should make it so you need to own a game on the account to get into the beta.
0 x

Duke

Post by Duke » 06 Sep 2016, 22:48

Yeah, I've been persisting with it, Yurtles. Though it gives me the impression of it being a modded version of Star Wars: Battlefront a fair bit.

But seeing both Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands, and Rising Storm 2: Vietnam have been pushed back to at least Q1 of next year I might invest in this in the meantime. I guess I'll hang out until it's released and make the decision then. *shrugs*
0 x

Disruptor4

Post by Disruptor4 » 06 Sep 2016, 23:25

aw shiet. I actually quite like it and feel rush is definitely the go to mode. Hopefully the other maps keep the rush being better trend. $60ish from OzGameShop will probably where I get it from. Premium down the track.
0 x

Nekosan

Post by Nekosan » 06 Sep 2016, 23:51

The whole "display your avatar" thing is interesting, had a guy tonight whose avatar was a chick on her knees with a mouth full of cum. Going to be interesting to see how far people take it before they crack down.
0 x