Star Wars Battlefront

The question: First or third person?
The answer: *boom* Headshot!
Duke

Re: Star Wars Battlefront

Post by Duke » 27 Jan 2016, 21:00

Speaking of Turning Point, we are also excited to make this popular mode available on all maps that currently support Walker Assault and Supremacy in the February update.
Turning Point is my favourite mode, but for the last three or so weeks I haven't been able to find a active server. So I don't know if this news is going to be of much use to any PC users.
0 x

LordPorksword

Post by LordPorksword » 27 Jan 2016, 23:06

I was hoping to see some detail about them actually fixing that glaring issue where you can no longer find any servers...especially when playing with friends...or allowing servers to start with only 6 people rather than making people wait for 20 players...maybe adding a vote system so hacking fooktards can be voted off servers...
Are they actually fixing these critical issues or just trying to win us over with free stuff for their broken game?!?!
When I first started playing this game it was great...then it totally dive bombed when the Jakku content was released and has been broken ever since.
0 x

DedZeppelin

Post by DedZeppelin » 28 Jan 2016, 00:55

I got a refund a while back. I will not get this game again until they put in a server browser (I doubt they will, so I doubt I'll be buying it again)
0 x

LordPorksword

Post by LordPorksword » 28 Jan 2016, 09:29

Tried again last night to play with a Mate...no servers again... The only way we can play together is doing the co-op missions...and one can only do them so many times before deciding to go back to Battlefield or Insurgency or other...
0 x

Ralph Wiggum

Post by Ralph Wiggum » 28 Jan 2016, 12:39

I ain't touching the season pass until they fix the joke of a matchmaking system and introducing team balance. I'm hoping they'll balance out the DL-44/jumpjet/bowcaster noobs out there as well.

I'm trying my best to get my money's worth out there and there are times when the game is really enjoyable. I'd be really pissed if I had preordered this game on Origin but thankfully I got a cheaper CD key.
0 x
RIP Games.On.Net.

Makena

Post by Makena » 28 Jan 2016, 13:02

Ralph Wiggum wrote:I'm trying my best to get my money's worth out there and there are times when the game is really enjoyable. I'd be really pissed if I had preordered this game on Origin but thankfully I got a cheaper CD key.
Between what I played online, and coop, I got my moneys worth out of it so I don't regret my purchase. Still disappointing how fast it died on PC, as I did find the gameplay genuinely fun
0 x

Ralph Wiggum

Post by Ralph Wiggum » 28 Jan 2016, 13:08

How many hours have you clocked?

According to the Battlefront app I've played 12 hours worth, so if I can reach maybe 50 hours worth I'd be happy. Still that's pretty low for a multiplayer game especially from Dice.
0 x
RIP Games.On.Net.

Duke

Post by Duke » 28 Jan 2016, 13:21

Another one here who got their monies worth out of it. Also, I'm not sure how some regard the game as broken as it's always been rock solid stable for me. Naturally the lack of server browser is the biggest issue, and that alone will stop me from purchasing the season pass. If they introduce one it will probably encourage me to reverse that decision.
Ralph Wiggum wrote:How many hours have you clocked?

According to the Battlefront app I've played 12 hours worth, so if I can reach maybe 50 hours worth I'd be happy. Still that's pretty low for a multiplayer game especially from Dice.
210+ between my son and i, though my usage would probably contribute to 40-50 hours.
0 x

Makena

Post by Makena » 28 Jan 2016, 13:28

Ralph Wiggum wrote:How many hours have you clocked?

My bar is far lower, I played for about 15 hours, which for a $60 game is fine. If I bought a new shooter/rpg/whatever and got 15 hours from it, I'd also be happy enough. (I have a stupid arbitrary figure of $5/hour and I see it as perfectly acceptable value for money, so Battlefront was $4/hour for me)
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 28 Jan 2016, 13:40

Paid $17 here for a disc copy to give my bro. I played the first 11 levels though. I won't comment on whether I got my money's worth since I didn't keep the game but my $20 purchase of BF4 has been more enjoyable and better value.
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 28 Jan 2016, 18:17

Seems that DICE may have stuffed up the rebalancing of the game. My bro and his mate played the new patch and didn't think the game felt as good as what it did before. And we're talking about two guys who've also played a fair bit of BF4 so has seen how a game is balanced to be both fun and fair.
0 x

LordPorksword

Post by LordPorksword » 28 Jan 2016, 22:19

Thought I'd try and find a server tonight...Crikeys! Found one straight away...only to find there was a hacking cunt on the server...and no kick vote option. FFS Dice/EA, fix this shit!!
0 x

Ralph Wiggum

Post by Ralph Wiggum » 29 Jan 2016, 02:10

I played a bit tonight...wasn't hard finding a Walker Assault game for once. Luckily no hackers, but this game seriously needs an autobalance and scramble at the end of each round.
0 x
RIP Games.On.Net.

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 29 Jan 2016, 07:51

Ralph Wiggum wrote:but this game seriously needs an autobalance and scramble at the end of each round.
Yeah, even with BF4, it doesn't feel like the teams are rebalanced enough there. Of course, rebalanced whilst keeping friends on the same team... I hate it when they move you and your friends off the same team, you spend the next minute trying to all play together again.
0 x

Dexterians

Post by Dexterians » 31 Jan 2016, 16:50

Mugsy wrote:Seems that DICE may have stuffed up the rebalancing of the game. My bro and his mate played the new patch and didn't think the game felt as good as what it did before. And we're talking about two guys who've also played a fair bit of BF4 so has seen how a game is balanced to be both fun and fair.
Yeah I had a feeling that would happen after reading the latest patch notes.

I said it in another thread - the game was holding on, but this latest patch might have cut that delicate thread with peoples patience for the game. It's a real damn shame. They really should have focused on some more content first rather than balancing - or both together - with the new content comes balancing.
0 x

Makena

Post by Makena » 22 Jul 2016, 14:25

Might have to reinstall it

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlef ... -ps4-pc-x1

Skirmish: A new mode, Skirmish, is now available for all players.
- Play Walker Assault or Fighter Squadron against AI bots together with a friend in online co-op, split screen (console only), or singleplayer.
0 x

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 22 Jul 2016, 16:17

Oh, that's awesome. Will definitely reinstall. Just not yet, too many other things coming!
0 x
"Me ate truck once." - Cookie Monster
Player Attack! - Diablo 3 Clan Details

bender

Post by bender » 22 Jul 2016, 16:58

The matchmaking is still bad, better than before, but it can still take ages to find a game. A friend and myself often play together, but half the time on a new round we get split up and put on different teams, even though we are partners and in a party. There's no way to change teams, and if you quit, it will probably take you ages to find a new game. There's also issues with balancing, as one team may end up with 3-4 more players for a while before the game auto balances (if it even does).

You also cant choose your spawn point. About once a game, there's a point where your spawning on the enemy. Often you just die instantly. It starts to get frustrating when you die 3 times in a row, or you spawn ages away then die as soon as you get near the action.

Having said all that, the game looks amazing and runs surprisingly well on my 5 year old hardware on medium settings. Its good for a bit of fun every now and then. If you were looking for a game to play on a regular basis, this wouldn't be it as you would likely get too frustrated with the various balance issues.
0 x
Asus P8P67|2600K @4.5GHz-EK WC|16GB DDR3|Crucial MX100 512GB|HD6970 2GB-Aquacomputer WC|MCP35X|Obsidian 800D|X-fi Titanium|AD900

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 22 Jul 2016, 20:40

Really wishing my bro had bought one of the PS4 packs with two controllers as he has Battlefront on PS4. Would have been fun to play some split screen co-op with him again.
0 x

DedZeppelin

Post by DedZeppelin » 23 Jul 2016, 20:41

I got a refund, and won't re-buy without a server browser tbh.
0 x

Ralph Wiggum

Post by Ralph Wiggum » 22 Aug 2016, 10:20

Details of Death Star DLC coming up. The new game mode sounds pretty damn cool...better brush up on them flying skills!
In Phase 1 you’ll be flying X-wings and A-wings against TIE fighters and TIE interceptors in space! The main objective in this phase is for Rebels to destroy enough TIE fighters until their Y-wing support can come in to weaken the Star Destroyer’s defenses. Once vulnerable, Rebel starfighters can attack the weak spots in an effort to bring the Star Destroyer down. In an effort to help defend this key asset for the Empire, players along with AI ships will be set up to help defend the Star Destroyer.

Phase 2 will have players fighting inside this iconic space station among areas inspired by the classic trilogy. Rebel infantry will be tasked with extracting a priority droid from within the Death Star. Amidst the chaos of battle, you’ll be able to gain an advantage by taking up arms as our new heroes Bossk and Chewbacca!

And finally, in the culmination of the new mode, players head back into space where the Rebels need to end the battle once and for all - by blowing up the Death Star! Players can become the hero of the Rebellion, Luke Skywalker, in his Red-5 X-wing as they attempt to destroy the Empire’s ultimate weapon. But beware as Darth Vader has been dispatched to protect the Empire's asset in his TIE Advanced.
Slowly getting my hours up now, there's a core group of players still committed to the game, but usually there's only one 40 player server on the go. It's not the release I'd hoped, but if I continually play for a couple of more months I'd be happy.
0 x
RIP Games.On.Net.

Disruptor4

Post by Disruptor4 » 22 Aug 2016, 10:43

It's a shame I've moved on as that sounds very awesome!
0 x

Dexterians

Post by Dexterians » 28 Sep 2016, 17:07

It sounds as if this game might make it back in to my game rotation... this new update sounds like it could bring life back to the game. We'll soon see..

When does it come out?
0 x

Duke

Post by Duke » 02 Oct 2016, 22:36

I'll see if the Season Pass sells at a reduced price once BF1 is released. Might get back into if the price comes down quite a bit from the current price of $60.
0 x

Dexterians

Post by Dexterians » 04 Oct 2016, 17:54

I had a few games of this - not sure it's worth buying the DLC for. Don't get me wrong, it's fun - but eventually gets old and kinda quick too.
Unless you can pick up the DLC for about $25 or less, probably wouldn't waste my time.

What a dissapointment.

What's even more disappointing is they couldn't put FORCE AWAKENS content in the game however they're going to put ROGUE ONE content in the game after the movie launches which is the 4th and final DLC pack.
0 x