Star Wars Battlefront

The question: First or third person?
The answer: *boom* Headshot!
Disruptor4

Re: Star Wars Battlefront

Post by Disruptor4 » 05 Oct 2016, 16:50

I can understand that. Force Awakens is 30 years after the movies and the content of this game. Rouge one is the current time and content of the game. Shame the DLC was a let down.
0 x

Dexterians

Post by Dexterians » 06 Oct 2016, 05:29

Disruptor4 wrote:I can understand that. Force Awakens is 30 years after the movies and the content of this game. Rouge one is the current time and content of the game. Shame the DLC was a let down.
I kinda thought the DLC content was going to be bigger than 4 maps. I thought that it might incorporate all the movies in to a nice little bundle of Star Wars fun.
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 30 Nov 2016, 13:24

Grabbed this today... apparently it comes as 4 DVD's... Holy Shit!
So will be installing tonight and hopefully playing at some point this year...
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 30 Nov 2016, 13:35

Mini wrote:apparently it comes as 4 DVD's... Holy Shit!...
Yeah I remember getting my bro his copy and installing for him when he was on holidays. Was quite a few disks. And then there was the day 1 patch too. God knows how many Gbs of patches there are now.

The game is fun but lack of PC player base is my concern with jumping on board.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:
02 Dec 2018, 21:33
It'll look amazing shoved up his ass if he doesn't actually learn to play the fucking thing.

Makena

Post by Makena » 30 Nov 2016, 14:25

I'd be super reluctant to get this on PC in Aus, the player base was small at launch, I really doubt it's very healthy now.
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 30 Nov 2016, 14:37

Yeah, I'll stick to BF4 for my team shooter fix. But they did add bots to Battlefront which does keep it playable to some degree. But then I have UT3 or UT2004 for stomping bots.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:
It'll look amazing shoved up his ass if he doesn't actually learn to play the fucking thing.

Mini

Post by Mini » 30 Nov 2016, 14:38

For $20 I will have some fun playing against bots, if I have a mate or 2 playing against bots with me, then all the better.
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Ralph Wiggum

Post by Ralph Wiggum » 30 Nov 2016, 14:41

Yeah player base has shrunk even more with Battlefield 1 out as well.
0 x
RIP Games.On.Net.

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 30 Nov 2016, 14:53

I'd probably wait for a $20 pack with all the DLC first before looking again. Despite all the free extra maps, I found that the game sorely needed more map variety to keep me from finding it monotonous. The base maps just didn't have the staying power that BF4 maps had.

Plus I might have Bad ass babes keeping me entertained come Xmas.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Makena

Post by Makena » 30 Nov 2016, 15:01

Mini wrote:For $20 I will have some fun playing against bots, if I have a mate or 2 playing against bots with me, then all the better.
Oh that's fair, i forgot that they added bots, there's also coop if you can find someone to play it with, it's a gorgeous and fun game, just a shame the way it all happened that led to this.
0 x

LordPorksword

Post by LordPorksword » 05 Dec 2016, 21:18

What's this bullshit with the Rogue One VR add-on being only for the PS4? Which crackhead made that decision?
One has to really wonder how many more bad decisions they could make for Battlefront? What should have been a very successful game has just been marred by one bad decision after another...
If they had brains they would have taken advantage of the Oculus touch finally becoming available around the same time this add-on goes live. Then they could have captured the hungry Oculus and Vive owners who are looking for good content, who would snap this up in a heartbeat... :shock:
0 x

bender

Post by bender » 06 Dec 2016, 18:38

LordPorksword wrote:What's this bullshit with the Rogue One VR add-on being only for the PS4? Which crackhead made that decision?
One has to really wonder how many more bad decisions they could make for Battlefront? What should have been a very successful game has just been marred by one bad decision after another...
If they had brains they would have taken advantage of the Oculus touch finally becoming available around the same time this add-on goes live. Then they could have captured the hungry Oculus and Vive owners who are looking for good content, who would snap this up in a heartbeat... :shock:
I can understand why they did this.

The PS4 VR setup is guaranteed to work. It is probably also much easier to get VR working effectively on the PS4 as it is one hardware target that they can optimise for. Remember, you need a low latency steady frame rate of 60fps (ideally 90+) for VR to be palatable. The amount of work required to do this for the PC could be considerable. If you have played battlefront, you would notice that it is designed very much with consoles in mind. Its likely the devs are primarily console orientated. Perhaps they will see how the PS4VR goes, wait for tech to mature on the PC and eventually release it for the vive and rift some time later.

With regards to the oculus touch, they would need to develop the proper interface and code for hand interaction (lightsabers etc), this could take a long time. The PS4VR is a much simpler system and much cheaper. I would expect the percentage of people who own a rift or vive are very small in comparison to those who don't. The PS4VR is doing much better in sales than all other VR platforms. Its probably not worth the devs adding the PC in just yet - or at all. Though, I wouldn't be surprised if they worked out and exclusive deal with Oculus early next year.
0 x
Asus P8P67|2600K @4.5GHz-EK WC|16GB DDR3|Crucial MX100 512GB|HD6970 2GB-Aquacomputer WC|MCP35X|Obsidian 800D|X-fi Titanium|AD900

Matty

Post by Matty » 06 Dec 2016, 19:11

I don't really buy that. There are a large amount of outstanding VR games on steam that are free or cheap. EA are more than capable of producing of quality on any system they choose.
0 x
Matter of fact, I didn't even give you my coat!

Dexterians

Post by Dexterians » 06 Dec 2016, 22:14

I see soooo many copies of this game in the pre-owned section. It's a real shame, it had such a strong start only to fizzle pretty quick.

Why do developers insist on segregating their player base with exclusive DLC shit?
I think DLC should be free. That way everyone can enjoy it. Want to release more content? Release a proper expansion - like they use to back in the day.

I could be wrong, but I think I read somewhere they've already announced Battlefront 2?
If true, should be interesting...
0 x

Ralph Wiggum

Post by Ralph Wiggum » 07 Dec 2016, 11:00

Yeah they have strongly hinted, if not already confirmed Battlefront 2 is set for next year.

Even without DLC, Battlefront was heading down the tubes in terms of player base. The whole VR thing seems like more of an experiment than an actual money making exercise.
0 x
RIP Games.On.Net.

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 07 Dec 2016, 12:39

Yep there will be a new Battlefront game before another Battlefield one. Next battlefront will supposedly take on board all the complaints namely it'll have a story campaign and a lot more maps on release.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

bender

Post by bender » 07 Dec 2016, 13:47

Ralph Wiggum wrote:Yeah they have strongly hinted, if not already confirmed Battlefront 2 is set for next year.
Ah I wasn't aware they were planning battlefront 2 so soon. It is likely that its just a quick experiment then. Not worth the time of getting it on PC.
0 x
Asus P8P67|2600K @4.5GHz-EK WC|16GB DDR3|Crucial MX100 512GB|HD6970 2GB-Aquacomputer WC|MCP35X|Obsidian 800D|X-fi Titanium|AD900

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 20 Aug 2017, 16:58

OK, after picking this up for AU$6.66, I still think it's a bit of a rip off... bots have been poorly implemented and you can only play with one other player in this mode. Where's the fun in that?

I wanna get 10+ of my friends together and do a comp stomp.

The team AI is also pretty stupid on Walker Assault... I can hold one of the beacons but the AI doesn't take the other one. I obviously can't run off to take the other one too else I'll lose the one I'm holding. So it really needs two players... but who wants to be split up from their mate?

You also can't seem to get all the DLC walker assault maps into a rotation with all the normal ones. Nor can you play the DLC maps in co-op with a mate. What a load of BS!
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 13 Sep 2017, 07:12

I wonder if having the season pass currently free will boost numbers by much on PC?

Seems to be doing xb1 some good atm.

http://swbstats.com/
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 13 Sep 2017, 12:53

I grabbed it for Xbox, but destiny is where it's at. My XBl clan was so full tonight we he to run multiple parties... 34 players. Didn't even see thOwe numbers for the first destiny!
0 x
TS: tms-1.games.on.net Channel: Mellie's Random Games Password: gonmellie

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 13 Sep 2017, 13:26

Yeah, I get the feeling that people will just grab the dlc and go play the games they're currently into. A few in my D3 clan have moved to Destiny 2 as well.

I'll probably give it a miss. Scaling back on gaming and D3 and HOTS is more than enough for me.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 13 Sep 2017, 13:36

Mugsy wrote:
13 Sep 2017, 13:26
Scaling back on gaming and D3 and HOTS is more than enough for me.
You've changed, man.
0 x
TS: tms-1.games.on.net Channel: Mellie's Random Games Password: gonmellie

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 13 Sep 2017, 18:29

Only in that I'm not buying every Humble Bundle that's released - lol

But I do think my steam pile of shame might be a Bucket List item the way I'm going.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 14 Sep 2017, 07:12

Huh!

According to SWBstats.com, PC player numbers have jumped above 4k at peak and is currently above 3k.

http://swbstats.com/

Considering that PC numbers were usually below 2k when I look, this is definitely a decent sized improvement... Battleborn would envy those numbers. Should probably get a few games in while it lasts.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

LordPorksword

Post by LordPorksword » 12 Oct 2017, 23:03

The season for this is currently free on Origin. Stopped playing in February due to constant issues trying to play multiplayer with friends...grabbed the season pass last night and have spent the last 10 minutes trying to find a multiplayer game of any type. Here writing this as I have given up...can't even find even one multiplayer game with players in it... :problem:

I see that DICE haven't learnt from any mistakes with BF1 as it appears that BF2 still doesn't have a server browser...
0 x