DedZeppelin

Re: Battlefield 4 - Legacy Operations Cinematic

Post by DedZeppelin » 20 Feb 2016, 10:03

It is? Hmmm, Sorry. Didn't realise.
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 20 Feb 2016, 10:38

That's OK mate. They didn't make it very clear on that twitter in the first place and it looked like BF4.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:
02 Dec 2018, 21:33
It'll look amazing shoved up his ass if he doesn't actually learn to play the fucking thing.

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 20 Feb 2016, 18:50

Anyone looking to unlock stuff, add this Asian server to your favourites list:

Go For Max And Kill Noobs Shua Fen&unlock YY12024367

10 spots only and it does cycle through Sunken Dragon and Caspian Border.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:
It'll look amazing shoved up his ass if he doesn't actually learn to play the fucking thing.

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 20 Feb 2016, 23:20

So I was using the services on that unlock server above and finally unlocked the 4x scope on the Mare's Leg so can use it as a mini sniper rifle.

Almost unlocked the 3GL and SR338 too, though both are pretty useless compared to their alternatives.

Will probably work on my GOL Magnum kills more to get the straight pull and maybe the range finder.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 23 Feb 2016, 18:56

As you can probably tell from 4 posts in a row, Imma lovin BF4 atm!

Got my straight pull on the GOL and somehow unlocked a whole bunch of guns, like the bulldog and CS5, via assignments in the process... wasn't even trying to unlock them - lol. But it's the straight pull on the GOL that I'm loving... less cumbersome to fire again between shots. Really enjoying my sniper game atm.
1 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 27 Feb 2016, 03:09

Managed to squeeze in a community mission to grab a gold battlepack 1hr before the mission goes offline. Didn't realise I had that many scopes for the M40A5 sniper rifle... pity I don't have the straight pull on it to take advantage for the high rpm.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

DedZeppelin

Post by DedZeppelin » 27 Feb 2016, 12:10

I've got no time off until Tuesday, so I haven't been on a lot lately. Tues/Wed off this coming week, so I'll be hammering it then.
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 27 Feb 2016, 13:12

Yeah, juggling work and gaming can be a bitch at times. Will try to get on Tues/Wed if I can. It's a bit sporadic for me with taking work home this month (half the time when I'm replying on here, I'm jumping between report writing and the forums).

Didn't get anything immediately useful in that last battlepack. Bunch of scopes for guns I don't have atm... one was the SRR-61 which is on my list of remaining guns to get but the scope was a FLIR. Would have been better for my Mk11 Mod 0.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

GamingKen

Post by GamingKen » 27 Feb 2016, 15:43

I'm still running about BF4 on the PS3 and enjoying it a lot lately. I've taken to really loving the PDW-R. Since getting that gun my gameplay has improved greatly. It just seems to suit me and have a pretty good range of attachments for it now too.
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 27 Feb 2016, 16:08

I've yet to unlock anything beyond the starter PDW apart from two from assignments which I wasn't even trying to do. On Engineer, I usually have the MK11 DMR. Every time I play Engineer, it's usually on Silk Road where the DMR and a 4x scope is more useful to me.

Each to their own I guess. I really should load up BF4 on PS3. Bought it for $10 a while back and haven't even played it on my own PS3.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

GamingKen

Post by GamingKen » 27 Feb 2016, 19:41

I think I got it for $10 on the PS3 too. Not Premium or anything, just the base game, which is all I play for now. Would be hard to go from PC BF4 to PS3 I bet! No shortage of players on PS3 still anyway (though something is up with the servers today and I can't even join and nearly all of the servers are empty). Suits me playing from the couch anyway. I've only really been playing it this year and just reached around level 60 or so. Maybe when the next Battlefield game comes along I will get around to getting a PS4.
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 27 Feb 2016, 20:00

Stock clearance at Dick Smith as well I take it? I'll miss their insanely cheap games stocktakes. It was the only reason I got BF4 on PS3... picked up two copies (one for my bro) but he plays it on PC so we never got into it on PS3.

Yeah, I just have the base game on PS3. PC I have premium so I play that more. It's a pity the PC and console accounts can't combined (if we want them to be). I really don't like the idea of having to unlock everything again on console. Then again, I think I use different email address on PS3 and PC so that was never gonna work for me anyway - lol

Servers have been pretty crap today on PC too. Had a whole bunch drop me and then disappear from the browser list.

Just had a pretty intense game of Zavod Graveyard Shift... put my FLIR scope to good use. We were losing for most of the round but eventually caught up by holding more flags and won by about 80 points.

I wonder if the next BF game will indeed be a WW1 game? It'll be interesting to see how the weapons are. It feels slow going back to WW2 weapons already. WW1 could be even slower. But I think it'll help keep BF4 alive for longer being their "modern" day shooter.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

GamingKen

Post by GamingKen » 27 Feb 2016, 20:21

Oh, Dick Smiths had it at that price? I got mine from the PlayStation Store during a sale towards the end of last year, from what I remember. They had BF4 Premium for $22.95 AUD the other week too, which I nearly picked up.

Sounds like there must be general server issues across the board for Battlefield today the,n as all my regular servers on PS3 have disappeared too.

Is there talk of BF going to WW1? That would be very interesting. Maybe it would feel a little more like Red Orchestra 2 then, but not as damned clunky. I'd be pretty happy with that! It's always hard to say how the majority will react to such a change. Maybe that want change, or maybe they just want more of the same.
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 27 Feb 2016, 20:47

Ah, true PS Store did have the base game down to $10 during sales late last year to match the PC price on Origin during those sales. But yeah, DSE had the retail copy at $10 more than a year ago. I was only meant to go pick up an online order and when I went in, they had copies of BF4 and FIFA for cheap. Didn't pick up FIFA but BF4 left with me.

Those servers will come back in due course... it's happened a few times to me in the past but it's annoying as your profile updates when that round is over so if you get kicked from a game and you've had a good number of kills with a particular weapon, you need to wait for that round on that server to finish else if you rejoin, you lose your previous progress (tip from my bro - at least with the PC version). But when a server disappears, your profile might take a long time to update.

Yeah, an online game store prematurely had BF5 listed. Description indicated it'll be a WW1 shooter. This is very recent news. Agree that it'll be interesting to see how the player base react to it. The youtube vids I've watched on the "leak" have said they like the idea for something different. I suppose that after numerous iterations of modern day BF and including Bad Company and Hardline, a change of setting would be nice. No doubt there will be a Gallipoli map if it's true.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 28 Feb 2016, 21:30

Well, finished the campaign and unlocked the 3 guns at the end! Nice having more options in multiplay... and the campaign was rather fun, esp once I got the over powered sniper rifle... just stayed back at the ammo crates and picked off the enemies.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

kharis

Post by kharis » 28 Feb 2016, 22:09

i just did the campaign mission on the ship, was a bit annoying as i ended up with a shotgun on the deck of the sinking ship and no ammo for my other gun, took a few goes to get it done
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 28 Feb 2016, 22:20

You might be a tad sick of ship missions by the end of the campaign. In saying that, there's some nice set pieces to play through.

BTW, a little tip... when you have to make a leap of faith later on, hit 'E' to grab onto something... will save you some unnecessary frustration.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

kharis

Post by kharis » 28 Feb 2016, 22:25

hehe finished it now, was fun shooting at the little speedboats and choppers on the way back to the valkyrie

up to the beach part which is the beginning of the next mission i believe, just got hannah
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 28 Feb 2016, 22:51

Yeah, that beach mission during the typhoon is pretty cool. Nice weather effects. I'm really digging the water and storm effects in this game despite the fact it's over 2yrs old now.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

GamingKen

Post by GamingKen » 01 Mar 2016, 03:58

I finished the campaign a couple of weeks ago, Wasn't too bad, pretty much the kind of thing you would expect from a Battlefield game. I can't remember much of the story now though, so I guess it didn't really grab my attention too much.

Loving multiplayer at the moment. I don't think I have ever been so into BF (any version) as I am right now. Pretty much just endless Conquest on the default maps, and slowly dragging my KDR back closer to 1.0 after it fell to around 0.50 when I started out playing it. (I sucked so bad for ages and uninstalled the game multiple times in frustration) I'm also pretty amazed how many people are still playing it on PS3 in Australia (thankfully for me!). Most nights there are probably a dozen full (24 slots), default maps, Australian Conquest servers, plus a fair few half to three quarters full. Very tempted to pick up Premium if it goes on sale again any time soon.
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 02 Mar 2016, 18:33

I suppose if you've played a few modern FPS singleplayer campaigns, the BF4 one wouldn't standout too much. I don't do singleplay for most part so the story remains fresh for me.

My KDR is below 0.5... I usually play the objective so my death count is pretty pathetic.

That's good read that the PS3 player count is still good. The game is going strong on PC too which is more than what can be said about SW Battlefront on PC for AU players. So glad I didn't get a copy of that game.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 13 Mar 2016, 17:25

I think I've finally found my gun of choice.

I usually try to keep my distance but when I play a lot of Locker and Metro, a close combat weapon makes more sense. Been playing around with the MTAR-21 a lot and my match KDR is above 1 for a change. Had a situation on Metro where I was defending a corridor off the streets. Enemy had a radio beacon on ledge above us which I couldn't see at first (thank god I was recon with motion sensor balls though). They kept swarming in and my MTAR kept taking them out before they got me. Eventually found the spawn beacon and pushed back a little before the round ended... but I got close to my first 10 kill streak. I think 6 or 7 in a row was what I was up to.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

GamingKen

Post by GamingKen » 13 Mar 2016, 19:41

Good stuff, mate! I think finding a gun that suits you plays a big part in doing well. I just reached 1000 total kills with my PDW-R this weekend. Been loving that gun so much and have all the attachments unlocked for it. It kicks ass in close quarter stuff. Pretty much constantly running around with this loadout lately.

I meant to reply to your previous post too, but forgot! My KDR was way down as wll, and as I play the objective all the time I wasn't too worried (I'm in DIV 1 for score -per-minute, so not doing too badly) but I have started to use my KDR as a way to evaluate my effectiveness during a round. Rather than it being a bragging rights thing like so many seem to use it for, I simply keep focused on tryng to to stay 1;1 or better, and if I start to drop into a negative KDR I use it as a bit of a wake up call, a little reminder that whatever my approach is it isn't working too effectively, and so then I change up my strategy. Since looking at it that way (and finding a gun II am happy with) I have moved from a KDR below 0.5 to currently at 0.94. It's been a tough slog raising it, but I am playing much better for it.
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 13 Mar 2016, 21:25

Nice work with unlocking all the attachments for the PDW-R and getting your KDR from below 0.5 to 0.94!

Agree on the KDR... apart from when one is just mucking around (who doesn't enjoy kamikaze dirt bikes), it's a good indicator of one's effectiveness on the battlefield. Higher than 1, you're taking more tickets than giving and vice versa. My overall one is still below 0.5. We'll see how another month or two goes.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 16 Mar 2016, 08:15

Apparently no more new content will be released for BF4:

0 x
CherryRed wrote: