Reflex - Basically The New Quake

The question: First or third person?
The answer: *boom* Headshot!
phylum

Reflex - Basically The New Quake

Post by phylum » 24 Dec 2015, 23:30

Anyone been playing this?

It's a crazy fast paced FPS based on an old Quake 3 mod, and seems to be satisfying a lot of people's itches for arena FPS action. It's hard, but there are lots of noobs around at the moment and everyone seems to be doing a good job of sharing knowledge to build up skills within the community. The CTF mode is better than sex, if there are games going.

It's half price at the moment, only $5.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/328070/
0 x

GamingKen

Re: Reflex - Basically The New Quake

Post by GamingKen » 26 Dec 2015, 02:26

I saw it recently and it grabbed my attention until I read that it had no bots. 80% of my game time in the likes of Quake and UT has been spent playing with bots, or matches filled out with bots, going right back to when those games ruled the roost. The genre has too small a player base for me to even consider a game like this without bots, and given the new (and free) UT already has bots, Reflex just isn't going to be able to compete for my interest it it can't provide features that were around in these games over 15 years ago.

(Plus having played some old UT lately, and now Quake Live, it is just damn near impossible to be the old kings of the genre still. They are too damn perfect, even after so many years!)
0 x

korbain

Post by korbain » 28 Dec 2015, 02:06

Looks pretty awesome! :D So many games so little time! i need to choose one of these sorta games, stick to it and get good lol I do love the fast paced old school shooters. i see you playing quake live a fair bit, i need to join yah for a sesh! just been smashing dark souls lately lol
0 x

acegiak

Post by acegiak » 28 Dec 2015, 08:32

Aw man, I'd be keen for this but it doesn't have Linux support yet. :(
0 x

korbain

Post by korbain » 04 Jan 2016, 21:43

I got it...but all the servers are dead or 1v1 so i had to wait in line :( was hoping for some free for all, TDM or CTF. Maybe im just playing on a bad night. Hopefully theres people on another time so i can try it
0 x

phylum

Post by phylum » 05 Jan 2016, 00:13

There is some CA and FFA, usually in the evenings and on weekends.

The IRC community has died off lately, but there seem to be a good few people on Discord at any time - https://discordapp.com/channels/1074399 ... 3380136960

If you want to get pro at duel so you can stomp people and queue less add me on Steam and ask for tips some time. I may not be the best but I've learnt from great players.
0 x

korbain

Post by korbain » 11 Jan 2016, 14:54

I've got you on steam list :D my steam profile is the same name as my user name here is. Just been playing single player games mainly lately! trying to catch up/finish some games.

Anywho, so its probably better to give this a go on the weekend? I don't mind free for all, but i'd rather do some team based stuff like CTF to get a feel for it. Actually it wasn't even free for all the one i joined,m it was like 1 v 1 and i waited in line...

My good mate bought it as well, we need to get a few people to buy this and organise nights :p
0 x