Warframe

How to use climbing axes for fun and profit, with your hosts Nathan Drake and Lara Croft.
Disruptor4

Re: Warframe

Post by Disruptor4 » 07 Apr 2016, 14:52

Kinky Kel wrote:Dojos are super expensive though, if you want to upgrade them and decorate them. Sooo many Formas get burned making them.
How much we talking?
0 x

GamingKen

Post by GamingKen » 07 Apr 2016, 14:58

Mugsy wrote:Well, I played Warframe through it's intro/tutorial segment. I think I need to try it out using a controller as the KB and mouse doesn't feel comfortable to me (and I'm not sure what's the best way to remap the controls to my liking). Definitely gonna take a bit of time to get use to this one.

On the other hand, I ran a second character in Borderlands 2 through to Sanctuary to use as a mule - lol.
It can appear a bit complex out-of-mission but there is some automated features to help with that (which I still use to a degree), but the game is pretty simple really. Pretty much "kill all the things". Sometimes you might be doing that while defending a position, so times your whole goal might just be to wipe out every enemy in a mission (extermination), or other variations on the same thing. But ultimately if it moves, kill it!

I find it plays extremely well with the controller, though I don't think it does a good job of documenting the gamepad controls. A couple worth knowing are - Tap Y to switch between primary and secondary weapons, but hold Y to switch to melee (melee always attacks with the B button). The right shoulder button activates your abilities ( you have 4, watch the video for your Warframe in the 2nd post of this thread) If you hold the right button it shows you a quick selection menu for all 4 abilities, otherwise just tapping the right shoulder button activates which ever ability you have selected already (which can be changed with the left and right DPAD)

Always happy to run through missions with you :)
Disruptor4 wrote: Yeah I played last night, but not too late. Should jump in together some time. Exalted Blade is AWESOME. Couple it with Energy Siphon and you would pretty much just not need to turn it off!
I'll try to remember to add you tonight. My username in game is Disruptor4, so add me :)
Clan making in warframe requires money and a key.

EDIT: See here:
https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/ ... r-Alliance
Definitely,, mate! The more players to drop into games with the better! I'll add you when I jump on next. I might not be on again tonight, but my Friday night is going to be all about Warframe!

Oooo, yes with Energy Siphon it would be absolutely devastating! Must remember that :D
DarkMellie wrote:I have a clan key already built so unless someone beats me to it, i'll create it tonight and invite you all. Fully upgraded clan dojos are amazing places to visit (although not as amazing as Relays).
That would be awesome and very generous of you! So long as it is not putting you out of pocket in anyway (if what you have already is all that is needed) I'd say go for it then!
Kinky Kel wrote: Last I heard they were looking at implementing .. well .. raids I guess you could call them. with up to 8 players. Might be cool?
Oh? That sounds interesting, but my head might explode! I have a hard enough time keeping up with all the shit on screen when it is just 4 players :lol:
0 x

Kinky Kel

Post by Kinky Kel » 07 Apr 2016, 15:17

Disruptor4 wrote:
Kinky Kel wrote:Dojos are super expensive though, if you want to upgrade them and decorate them. Sooo many Formas get burned making them.
How much we talking?
The initial setup is easiest and cheapest.. and they really do a good job of making life easier for smaller guilds by heavily reducing the costs of building things for each tier of guild (I can't remember the numbers that they increase by).

It's the on going costs of each time you build a room, or a decoration. you need to spend a Forma. Forma don't drop in the normal game, they only drop from Tower runs or from Alerts.. or of course you can pay 30 plat for 1 which is RL money. But I'm happy to donate though, Formas get used a lot in the modding of gear as well, so it comes to a point where you have the weigh up what you want :P and upgraded warframe or a new room in the Dojo.
0 x

Giblet

Post by Giblet » 07 Apr 2016, 15:33

Disruptor4 wrote:
How much we talking?
I have a fully upgraded dojo and clan (Orokin Ancestors) if anyone wants to join. Have most of the upgrades bar a handful that still need to be researched and the dojo is massive, have every room.
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 07 Apr 2016, 18:37

Let's go with Giblet then!

What's the group called, Gibs? The appeal of a new dojo for me would be in having a group called PA or similar.
0 x
TS: tms-1.games.on.net Channel: Mellie's Random Games Password: gonmellie

Giblet

Post by Giblet » 07 Apr 2016, 19:00

DarkMellie wrote:Let's go with Giblet then!

What's the group called, Gibs? The appeal of a new dojo for me would be in having a group called PA or similar.
Current clan name is Orokin Ancestors. Can pay platinum to change the clan name easy enough though.
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 07 Apr 2016, 19:11

I'm happy to donate for that purpose if you're okay with changing it? How much plat does it cost?
0 x

Giblet

Post by Giblet » 07 Apr 2016, 19:17

Yea I don't mind changing it, anyone got a name in mind? 200 plat to change it.
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 07 Apr 2016, 19:29

two hundred feckin' plat?!

I think i'd rather create and build a new dojo!
0 x

Giblet

Post by Giblet » 07 Apr 2016, 19:49

Would cost waaay more than that to build a whole dojo :P , takes ages to build one otherwise. I got a 50% off my next plat purchase so I don't mind changing it to something else.
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 09 Apr 2016, 19:54

So I'm keen on joining your group, Giblet. Maybe for now we just don't change the name?

Reading up on things, I need to find and scan some weird things on a Grineer undersea tileset or somesuch. All in the name of progressing the main questline.
0 x

kharis

Post by kharis » 10 Apr 2016, 11:24

I wouldn't be adverse to joining the clan either :)

had a productive day yesterday, finally figured out i needed to rank up and got that done which opened up more stuff to do, got my kubrow growing and archwing building. Did a few missions with Mellie which was fun as always

my excalibur is getting close to 30 and I'm trying to decide which frame to go for next. love meleeing stuff in this game so i'm thinking the saryn because she looks insane, or i could go for something safe like the rhino or stealthy like loki, it's all too hard
0 x

Giblet

Post by Giblet » 10 Apr 2016, 11:40

Haha yea, the rhino frame definitely feels safe, love the rhino frame. Feel naked with any other frame after using it as my main one.

I've invited a few people to the clan already, and those people in the clan already should be able to invite others as well. Should be good having everyone in a clan so you can easily join games ect.
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 10 Apr 2016, 12:36

Thanks Gibs, I'm in.

In order to gain access to the Dojo, you actually need to build a clan key! Forgot all about this. It's automatically added to your inventory once you join and you'll then need to build it in your Liset's foundry.

It costs 1,500 credits, 1 Morphic, 500 Polymer Bundles and 500 Ferrite. It's a 12 hour build and 10 plat to rush.

And wow, what a Dojo! Once you've joined, I encourage you to find your way over to the Obstacle Course to set a time!
0 x

Kinky Kel

Post by Kinky Kel » 11 Apr 2016, 10:43

I'm in too. I really need to add everyone to my friends list, and/or steam. Didn't know Kharis was playing last night and could have thrown her a invite.
0 x

kharis

Post by kharis » 11 Apr 2016, 11:29

all good mellie invited me and i'm in the dojo now

loving the valkyr, but i should level her a bit more before trying to do mellies missions, died lots :)

need to go find some mods now

got my archwing mission all done and did another defence run after mellie left which was ok, also got to gold initiate (level 3) and my kubrow should be fully grown by tonight
0 x

Kinky Kel

Post by Kinky Kel » 11 Apr 2016, 13:20

Any idea what breed of Kubrow you have?
0 x

kharis

Post by kharis » 11 Apr 2016, 13:32

i have a female huras kubrow, was done when i logged in to check
0 x

Kinky Kel

Post by Kinky Kel » 11 Apr 2016, 17:25

Nice, stealhy one. And fairly rare.
0 x

kharis

Post by kharis » 11 Apr 2016, 17:52

for some reason my quest hasn't updated though, that happens to me a lot... pretty white puppy is cool though

stealthy you say, don't make me get the loki :P (like i need too much pushing) was hoping the valkyr could be modded for stealth and I got excited when i picked up a ghost mod but it's for a carrier

had some fun stealing codex's from people today, might have to switch back to the Excalibur thorough to get through these missions

edit: i need an eternal war mod
0 x

Disruptor4

Post by Disruptor4 » 12 Apr 2016, 20:49

I've used Rhino for so long that I am so shit at using Loki. Whole different play style! So wish Frost wasn't vaulted!
Ash is a good choice though if you like damage dealing.
0 x

Disruptor4

Post by Disruptor4 » 16 Apr 2016, 09:47

I forgot to ask. Is there a clan tax or is it "free" (apart from having to make a clan key)?
0 x

Giblet

Post by Giblet » 16 Apr 2016, 14:10

Disruptor4 wrote:I forgot to ask. Is there a clan tax or is it "free" (apart from having to make a clan key)?
0% tax.
0 x

Kinky Kel

Post by Kinky Kel » 19 Apr 2016, 12:35

I tried out the Inaros warframe last nice. What a beast of a frame. It has no shields but high armour and very high health. Mines currently running around with 4k health at lvl 24. You can feed off of enemies to regain health. Lots of fun, highly recommend.
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 19 Apr 2016, 13:12

I need to work out how to obtain further frames... my excalibur is going nicely, and I know I need to get it to level 30... but it is a slow process.
Level 14 currently I think, loving my new dual heat swords though...
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord