Mirrors Edge Catalyst (BETA)

How to use climbing axes for fun and profit, with your hosts Nathan Drake and Lara Croft.
HunterKiller

Mirrors Edge Catalyst (BETA)

Post by HunterKiller » 24 Apr 2016, 15:00

So has anyone else obtained a key for this game?

If so what are your thoughts?
I think its pretty cool, although I havent played the first one but in closed BETA, it is running smoothly and the animations are done quite fluidly too.

The game type is something I dont generally play so I probably wont buy it but its very enjoyable and the story seems to flow from the first game, this game mixed with a compelling story will make this game a must play for people who enjoy this type of genre.

In addition to this it interacts with the G910 quite well and it changes colour depending on the action and the mood of the game, nice to see the keyboard getting some use.
0 x

Nacimota

Re: Mirrors Edge Catalyst (BETA)

Post by Nacimota » 24 Apr 2016, 15:43

I played it through; it's Mirror's Edge, but open world and with a different combat system. I don't feel like there's really much more to say about it than that. Basically if you liked Mirror's Edge, then you will probably like Catalyst because it's pretty much just more of the same thing.

I saw some people on reddit who were pissed about the inclusion of an unlock/progression system, but to be honest that's the kind of thing you should expect when going into an open world game; there has to be some incentive for doing side-missions, etc. Personally, I'm not really bothered.

I did run into some weird rendering issues in some areas, but I'll chalk that up to it being a beta I guess:

0 x