Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

How to use climbing axes for fun and profit, with your hosts Nathan Drake and Lara Croft.
Mugsy

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Post by Mugsy » 12 May 2016, 06:34

Surprised no thread has started for this game yet (might be an indication of how many PS4 owners are here) but I found this interview quite interesting considering I've had the chance to watch the series develop over the years:

0 x

Makena

Re: Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Post by Makena » 12 May 2016, 06:55

I own a PS4, I'll plug it in sometime I swear, and once I do I'll go buy Uncharted :lol:
0 x

kablekill

Post by kablekill » 14 May 2016, 07:53

JUst started to play it. About 9 chapters in at the moment. Enjoying the game so far.
0 x

Ralph Wiggum

Post by Ralph Wiggum » 15 May 2016, 21:20

Gorgeous game is gorgeous. Love the Uncharted series and this is meeting my expectations so far. They've managed to add in some new features while still keeping the game stick to its roots.
0 x
RIP Games.On.Net.

kablekill

Post by kablekill » 16 May 2016, 16:12

Finished the game yesterday. Total play time through on the first go was about 14/15 hours, so on point with the other games for time. I know that everyone is saying that this game is a fitting ending for the series. I think it does fill that need for people to see out Nathans story. I just don't feel that they do this as well as lets say Joel and Ellie for The Last of Us. While still strong I don't feel that it reaches these heights, maybe I just wanted more from the ending, or expected something else after all the reviews drops.

I enjoyed the story and I am happy with the conclusion. I thing this is one of the few series that I have enjoyed from start to finish.
I think they leave the door well and truly open for other adventures, if they feel they need to head back to see what trouble Nathan finds himself in or maybe someone else in need of saving. But I guess a lot of people will say that this is unlikely due to other events that take place in the game.
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 17 May 2016, 20:29

I was hoping they'd do this...

0 x

kharis

Post by kharis » 17 May 2016, 21:17

i want to buy a PS4 now so i can be drunk Corey
0 x

URAUC

Post by URAUC » 18 May 2016, 02:51

Finished this over the weekend. My playtime was on par with 15 hours ish which seems the norm. Have played all titles in the series. The shooting mechanics were improved however saying that, I never really had much trouble with the previous titles, this just felt a lot more responsive and snappy.I was impressed with the level of detail in the environments and in typical Uncharted style how they all fit together. Overall I was pretty happy with the story and how it all finished up. I'll definitely give it another play through on a harder difficulty.
0 x

Disco

Post by Disco » 18 May 2016, 12:03

I've got a PS4 but never played an Uncharted game, kind of feel like it's a bit late to go back to now even with the Nathan Drake collection out pretty cheap.

I just very much doubt I'd ever playthrough the entire series
0 x
Nekosan wrote:
29 Mar 2018, 00:36
Disco is fkn banned from the flamethrower. :lol:

Ralph Wiggum

Post by Ralph Wiggum » 22 May 2016, 13:22

Finished the game on the weekend, absolutely amazing. The gunplay appears to have improved a lot after UC3, and as I said before the new elements are just enough to keep the game fresh yet familiar. The script, story and voice acting the usual high standards. The only nitpicks I found was the occasional driving sequence which just didn't seem to play out right, and the stealth elements were a bit hit and miss as well.

The visuals are stunning. It stands up to pretty much anything I've seen on all platforms, and nearly matches Cryengine IMO.

Disco wrote:I've got a PS4 but never played an Uncharted game, kind of feel like it's a bit late to go back to now even with the Nathan Drake collection out pretty cheap.

I just very much doubt I'd ever playthrough the entire series
Although I've played the entire series before on PS3, I ended up getting the collection for cheap on ebay and doing a quick trilogy run through on easy. Doesn't take much more than a week or so to get through them all. It's a great series, if you like the adventure style games with a great story.
0 x
RIP Games.On.Net.

korbain

Post by korbain » 10 Aug 2016, 23:21

Just finished it recently, what an amazing game. As always with naughty dog! The graphics/art design are incredible, gameplay is solid (the stealth was a pain in the ass though, was better to just shoot haha) and the story was cool :)

They handled the ending really well, feel a bit empty knowing its the last one though. You're so attached to the characters and the adventures they had.
0 x