The Division

How to use climbing axes for fun and profit, with your hosts Nathan Drake and Lara Croft.
kablekill

The Division

Post by kablekill » 18 Jan 2016, 19:04

So anyone looking forward to The Division? Will anyone be playing the beta if they have key? Looking forward to the full games? What do you think about the game so far from what you have seen?
0 x

Spooler

Re: The Division

Post by Spooler » 19 Jan 2016, 02:15

The missus and i will be in the beta, i have pre ordered and am looking forward to it she js still on the fence. It should be a good game.
0 x
DarkMellie wrote: I love Wang.
Disco LT wrote: Love Gaytimes
"GoN, where no one was afraid to show their love of gaytimes or wang."

Ralph Wiggum

Post by Ralph Wiggum » 19 Jan 2016, 02:24

Honest question: have the graphics been downgraded? The vid you embedded seems to me to look nowhere near as good as the E3 reveal trailer two years ago. After the Watchdogs debacle, I'm a little hesitant to jump on board.
0 x
RIP Games.On.Net.

kablekill

Post by kablekill » 19 Jan 2016, 02:40

Ralph Wiggum wrote:Honest question: have the graphics been downgraded? The vid you embedded seems to me to look nowhere near as good as the E3 reveal trailer two years ago. After the Watchdogs debacle, I'm a little hesitant to jump on board.
I think the answer is "yes"!

Most videos that you see at the moment are likely to be from an xbox version of the game, I would believe. Would love to see a PC version! :(
Last edited by kablekill on 19 Jan 2016, 22:16, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Yurtles

Post by Yurtles » 19 Jan 2016, 11:49

Cautiously optimistic about The Division. It won't be a pre-order for me, being Ubisoft I really, really want to see the online stuff working properly before I spend money on it. Maybe a mid-year sales purchase I think.
0 x
BorisBC wrote:Pro tip - if you have to spew in a car, spew down the (inside) front of your shirt. Trust me, it's a lot easier to clean spew off yourself than the interior of a car.

Makena

Post by Makena » 19 Jan 2016, 12:00

For me it mostly depends if it ends up being pvp or pve centric, pve wise I think it could be a lot of fun to mess about in with friends, pvp wise, beyond fps games they're generally not my cup of tea (because I'm terrible mostly)
0 x

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 19 Jan 2016, 12:05

Ralph Wiggum wrote:Honest question: have the graphics been downgraded?
Dunno, but there's a comparison video on the front page right now: https://www.playerattack.com/news/2016/ ... e-by-side/

I haven't read or watched it because I'm keen anyway. Seems like a cool thing. My only concern is what Makena mentioned - if there's PvE stuff and you can straight not do the PvP stuff if you don't want to, fine! If you're forced into PvP on extraction and whatnot then mayyyyybe not?
0 x
"Me ate truck once." - Cookie Monster
Player Attack! - Diablo 3 Clan Details

Bicketybam

Post by Bicketybam » 19 Jan 2016, 14:06

Being an Ubisoft game means I'll be waiting until after it is released.
0 x

Nekosan

Post by Nekosan » 19 Jan 2016, 21:05

Mythor wrote:
Ralph Wiggum wrote:Honest question: have the graphics been downgraded?
Dunno, but there's a comparison video on the front page right now: https://www.playerattack.com/news/2016/ ... e-by-side/

I haven't read or watched it because I'm keen anyway. Seems like a cool thing. My only concern is what Makena mentioned - if there's PvE stuff and you can straight not do the PvP stuff if you don't want to, fine! If you're forced into PvP on extraction and whatnot then mayyyyybe not?

The pvp is all withing special "dark" zones according to friends that have played it.
0 x
steamcommunity.com/id/krautpants

Spooler

Post by Spooler » 27 Jan 2016, 02:11

You can now pre load the beta.

goes like 10:30PM South Australia time friday night... So the missus and i are having an all nighter it seems :D
0 x

kablekill

Post by kablekill » 27 Jan 2016, 21:59

Looks like I didn't get in to the beta..... oh well. Will just have to wait for the reviews to come out.
0 x

Disruptor4

Post by Disruptor4 » 29 Jan 2016, 13:25

I only registered for the waiting list yesterday. Didn't get a key. Oh well.
0 x

TheMeadow

Post by TheMeadow » 29 Jan 2016, 23:14

And here... we... go
0 x
F-I-R-E-I-N-P-A-N-T-S
Melbourne Wanderer

Yurtles

Post by Yurtles » 30 Jan 2016, 00:15

Initial impression after half an hour: Meh. Maybe it gets better, we'll see.
0 x
BorisBC wrote:Pro tip - if you have to spew in a car, spew down the (inside) front of your shirt. Trust me, it's a lot easier to clean spew off yourself than the interior of a car.

Nekosan

Post by Nekosan » 30 Jan 2016, 00:48

Yurtles wrote:Initial impression after half an hour: Meh. Maybe it gets better, we'll see.

Initial impression after 2 hours of steam not unlocking the beta: Steam can suck my dick.

:lol:
0 x

Spooler

Post by Spooler » 30 Jan 2016, 03:39

Yurtles wrote:Initial impression after half an hour: Meh. Maybe it gets better, we'll see.

Missus and i played with a couple of mates, was absolutely glorious, especially the dark zone. We are unstoppable killing machines.

Dark zone rank 9 and we killed anyone and everyone that was in our path pretty much all geared 100% in blue items. Will sah the game needs more pve though ... that said it does seem like it's more the beta wants to limit the story than anything.
0 x

Yurtles

Post by Yurtles » 30 Jan 2016, 20:20

Pretty hard to form an opinion on what the full game will be like with what they stuck in the beta, but mine has improved.

The PVE stuff is good enough I suppose, I'd be interested to see how it all scales at higher levels with more skills and bullet spongier enemies. I'm not sure there's enough depth in the combat to keep in interesting through the whole game - I saw someone say that at higher levels the enemies improve at basically the same rate your gear improves, so fighting a level 20 enemy at level 20 feels the same as fighting a level 5 at level 5.

The PVP is nonsense though. It doesn't play very well at all. The lack of easily identifiable names on other agents means you have no idea if it's the same guy who just killed you by pretending to be friendly or if he's someone else and actually friendly. Essentially every single encounter is a new encounter and past experiences count for nothing. There's nothing there to build on, every agent is under suspicion every time and if you feel like being a bastard you're going to win almost every time because of it.
0 x

Nekosan

Post by Nekosan » 01 Feb 2016, 01:24

Yurtles wrote: The PVP is nonsense though. It doesn't play very well at all. The lack of easily identifiable names on other agents means you have no idea if it's the same guy who just killed you by pretending to be friendly or if he's someone else and actually friendly. Essentially every single encounter is a new encounter and past experiences count for nothing. There's nothing there to build on, every agent is under suspicion every time and if you feel like being a bastard you're going to win almost every time because of it.

The problem i have is that it's all too easy for a group to force you into being a rogue around the pve mobs and then you're fucked. Likewise if you have groups like spoolers running around then it fucks the whole area because they havent done enough to balance the whole good vs bad thing, there's literally zero point in being friendly if you're in a party.

Also had a lot of problems with people ganking the north extract and then sitting on the building over the road with the out of bounds at their back, you cant get up to them and if you finally manage it then they bail off the back and teleport to safety.

I'm 99% sure the dark zones will deteriorate into armed groups just chain ganking extractions and nothing more.

edit: thew other main thing that pissed me off was getting murdered and then 5 minutes later i see the guy, still carrying MY gear and he's no longer rogue so I'm fucked if i want it back... annoyed the living hell out of me.
0 x

Spooler

Post by Spooler » 01 Feb 2016, 17:09

We did actually end up a couple of times with the entire server on us and death became inevitable. when this happened we'd drop an entire rank worth of points usually... What I'm saying is the penalty for going rogue is HUGE, I really can't see many people choosing to go rogue come launch purely because there's just nothing to be gained from it chances are you gank someone @ extraction you're going to get some shitty greens out of it and lose a rank of dark zone and a couple of hundred dark zone cash.

I actually mnade a game of finding a white piece of gear picking it up and just standing at the extraction to see how long it'd take to bait some idiot into ganking me for it. Surprisingly I'd usually have to wait 5+ minutes and a couple of extractions for someone to attack me and take my loot. Which was great because that'd happen and then I'd have rogues to hunt down for dark zone keys/cash.
0 x

Yurtles

Post by Yurtles » 10 Feb 2016, 11:22

Open Beta next weekend (19th to 21st -ish) - http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com/ga ... index.aspx

There'll be a pre-load a couple days before, a bit less than 30gig download (My closed beta install is 27.7 gig). If you were in the closed beta hold onto your install, a smaller update/patch will set you up for the open beta.
0 x

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 10 Feb 2016, 11:29

Dang, I could have tried the open beta before preordering. THANKS MAKENA! :P
0 x

Makena

Post by Makena » 10 Feb 2016, 11:36

Mythor wrote:Dang, I could have tried the open beta before preordering. THANKS MAKENA! :P
To be fair, you can probably refund it on steam as you technically haven't played it for 2 hours.... :lol:

Dunno, I enjoyed it so I haven't tried a refund, just going to keep my preorder
0 x

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 10 Feb 2016, 11:46

No, I'll live with my hasty decision. :D
I read up on it some more after the Twitter discussion and it does sound like you can just avoid the Dark Zone if you can't be bothered, there's crafting options and so on. Should be good!
0 x

Nekosan

Post by Nekosan » 10 Feb 2016, 16:42

I thought the dark zones were going to be shit mythor and i ended up really enjoying them even though i was solo and i dont really like pvp.
0 x

Yurtles

Post by Yurtles » 10 Feb 2016, 17:03

Same actually, I liked the PVE in the Dark Zone quite a bit, it was the most challenging part of the game. I didn't get ganked enough while running solo to detract from that experience.
0 x