The Division

How to use climbing axes for fun and profit, with your hosts Nathan Drake and Lara Croft.
Ralph Wiggum

Re: The Division

Post by Ralph Wiggum » 22 Jun 2016, 21:21

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it feels like the daily tasks (HVT's, hard mode mission replay) which you can solo give you fairly limited rewards, i.e. Equipment below your gear score or phoenix credits (which are fine if you are saving for something in particular).

Challenge difficulty rewards and higher level HVTs give the best rewards but you really need to be in a group to have a chance.

So yeah, I can't help but feel that unless you're willing to solo it in the DZ, farming in the PVE area by yourself is fairly restrictive.
0 x
RIP Games.On.Net.

Spooler

Post by Spooler » 22 Jun 2016, 21:29

DarkMellie wrote: I don't mind the Dark Zone except that now Spooler and friends have locked me into the 200+ range (which is apparently a dog's breakfast).
Yes ... gear is as much a blessing as it is a curse.

That said I was running around for a good hour before and extracted a ton without getting ganked so you can still get a decent DZ instance.
0 x
DarkMellie wrote: I love Wang.
Disco LT wrote: Love Gaytimes
"GoN, where no one was afraid to show their love of gaytimes or wang."

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 22 Jun 2016, 23:11

Farming intel is a bit boring, but the actual HVT missions are kinda cool.

Agreed, Ralph, the better HVTs are costly and grouped only.. happy to group up anytime. I'm saving pheonix credits (got about 280 now) to get myself a better weapon.

Still good fun, starting to feel just a tiny bit grindy. As worthwhile as the Incursions are, jesus christ it's just sitting under a bridge and shooting 'til your magazine's run dry. I hope their future incursion are half as clever as some of the end-game stuff from Destiny.
0 x
TS: tms-1.games.on.net Channel: Mellie's Random Games Password: gonmellie

Dexterians

Post by Dexterians » 23 Jun 2016, 09:31

DarkMellie wrote:Still good fun, starting to feel just a tiny bit grindy. As worthwhile as the Incursions are, jesus christ it's just sitting under a bridge and shooting 'til your magazine's run dry. I hope their future incursion are half as clever as some of the end-game stuff from Destiny.
It is while your GS is low - when you get higher, no one sits under the bridge anymore. Everyone is scattered all around the incursion. Haha but yeah, I do remember the days of sitting under that bridge.

Clear Sky seems to have a trick to it, teams of 2 go left and/or right and then meet at the top of the circle.

Next update adds another incursion - the cleaners.
Then there's also the underground missions which are generated instances.
0 x

Spooler

Post by Spooler » 23 Jun 2016, 10:08

Falcon lost is living under the bridge clear sky is usually more chaotic ... unless you do the "stack on the building" method.

Id save you pheonix credits till next patch ... should be higher level gear on there...
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 23 Jun 2016, 23:29

Sweet night of looting the DZ. Extracted something like 2 full supply stashes with a random helping me (and the flashing of Rogues on our radar the entire night long but they never came near us).

408 Pheonix Credits, $1.4M credits, $40k DZ cash... lots of fun. Also stoked I can now romp Hard missions without having to take cover... challenging still whips my arse though.

The only thing I'm finding quite annoying now is the fact that purples give me stat boosts way more than high-end gear. HE gear seems to be all about dat gear score and the extra slots or skills associated with it, but purples are giving me raw toughness or primary damage. Although tbh, my primary damage is barely moving while my toughness is now 350k.
0 x

Spooler

Post by Spooler » 23 Jun 2016, 23:38

toughness is the important one and the paper doll is more accurate for calculating your effective health than it is your effective dps.

I replaced my last 214 piece of armor tonight now 240 in all slots sitting at 228 gear score ... now all i need is to find a 204 sniper rifle with deadly ...
Quite proud of my toon and now consider myself fully prepared for the underground expansion!

0 x

Ralph Wiggum

Post by Ralph Wiggum » 24 Jun 2016, 09:52

I had one piece of armor I hadn't spent (wasted) my recalibration on; re-rolling additional armor gave about 30K extra toughness which pushed me over 200K, so thanks for the tip. Now I have to re-farm in order to get rid of my Lone Wolf set pieces. Kinda annoying how doing HVTs gave me more unwanted Lone Wolf items.

Interesting news about the weapon changes in patch 1.3. Being able to re-roll weapon talents sounds good initially, but Massive haven't addressed the issue of few talents being useful and they've introduced yet another currency in order to utilise it.

Edit: looks like Sentry and Striker sets are being nerfed. Ouch. I might just wait for 1.3 before going back to this game.
0 x
RIP Games.On.Net.

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 24 Jun 2016, 23:15

Couldn't help myself... had 600 PC so bought the Predator's Mask kneepads for 380 or so. Will drop my toughness but for having 3 pieces equipped the stat boost to assault rifles is something I can't say no to.

My list, including weeklies, is complete again, so tonight was just running around sweeping the map for collectibles. The entire south-west from Tenderloin to two blocks above the base are clear... but holy shit there's a lot left.

Need some more raid gear.. when do the incursions reset?
0 x

Spooler

Post by Spooler » 25 Jun 2016, 01:21

Incursions reset ... sunday night i think ?
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 26 Jun 2016, 13:29

So I'm still confused around gear.. particularly, what's a good stretch of stats across firearms/stamina/electronics versus their header numbers (dps/toughness/skillpower).

So at one point, my toughness was 350,000, but I was still surprisingly squishy in the challenging daily and in DZ06 (especially compared to a mate who was GS 191 but seemed to out-last me). When I look at new gear, almost never does it add to firearms and stamina at the same time, so I figure that 350k toughness must be more of a tank build, but I'm much better on the attack (hence why below i've slightly raised my DPS but shattered my toughness). And while I feck about trying to find the right balance there, I'm well aware that I need to get my electronics up to activate the passive skills on my weapons.

Also swapped out an RPK for a marksman's rifle that had slightly less DPS, but I had a piece of gear adding +2,501 to marksman and I was getting headshot bonuses from something else.

One last thing is, most raid gear seems to trash my stats all over, and their stacked bonuses rarely seem worth it (except maybe the tacticians set). My Predator pieces give me optimal range +20% as well as a special bleed damage on 10-shots in a row, but other pieces of gear will drops those benefits but boost my toughness (for example).

So confused.
0 x

Spooler

Post by Spooler » 26 Jun 2016, 14:11

firearms/stamina honestly i like to stay above 2600 firearms with as much stamina as i can have.

electronics doesn't matter but on gear mods i try to get skillpower and have my skill power as high as i can without sacrificing main stats.

264k toughness is pretty solid really i honestly haven't noticed alot of difference between being 250k and being 330k the only time i notice a difference is with exotic damage ... if you have more health it's less likely to kill you but once you are armor capped bullets will always deal 75% less damage to you.
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 27 Jun 2016, 20:10

Found on another forum;
Found this link, some good info on the patch.
Bring on Tuesday!!

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/14 ... eed-2-know

Vish121 said:
Today 04:00 PM
I've just been playing with the Developer & it was Amazing! Some things u need 2 know
Hey peeps

Me and some of my friends are loving this game (albeit with some niggles) and some friends on my friends list have had the opportunity to go to Sweden to test the upcoming 1.3 patch. And for the past 3 hours I've had the amazing opportunity to play with a developer, (I'm refraining from using his name just incase I spill some news that's not yet confirmed or I will get him in trouble). But he is well known.

Our session consisted of doing Clear Skys on challenge mode in under 15 mins and he said my teams strategy was extremely robust which was nice to hear and going on a few manhunts in the dz. It was kind of odd having a developer of the game follow my instructions both in the dz and clear skys but I was extremely humbled. We didn't die once and survived both manhunts and didn't camp or run it out... We fought about 9 or so players and pushed back to choke points and returned fire progressively.

So here's some info I was able to get and share with the community;

*Stash size will be increased to 70 (he said to not expect to much before revealing the number but I was like that is amazing)

*You can Re-roll your weapon talents and will work in a similar process to that of gear recalibration (Sweeeeet)

*You'll be able to convert 3 gold div tech into any gold Material. (BIG NEWS)

*Gear sets will be 268 with guns at 229 meaning the highest gear score will be 255. (The maths is easy)

*The new gear sets are guaranteed to drop in darkzone bracket 230+ (both in supply crates and the dz) but only a chance of them dropping in dz brackets 201-228.

*The 204 Midus does not exist

*Level 35 enemies are confirmed in the higher dz's but the flamers wont deal more damage but have more toughness. (pheeeew)

*Gear and Weapon mods will remain at level 32 max

*Gear sets will come with a guaranteed mod slot now with Chest pieces always dropping with 2 mod slots. This rule does not apply to gloves though

*The increase in the Firearms, Stamina and Electronics stat for the new gear sets sits at around about 12% increase so this means it should increase to 759 roughly, currently it sits at 678.

*A new incursion will be dropping called Dragons Nest

*Assault rifle buffs in pvp will be looked into in the future patches

*The Tanktician build will be looked into in the future patches

**ALSO My friend asked about a possible arena mode for 1v1's and he replied with no comment.. So keep your ears peeled people

Thats about all I can remember from our gaming sesh... but it was pretty awesome and enjoyed every bit of it... It's not everyday you get to play with someone who is part of the team that created the game that your playing now is it??!!
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 27 Jun 2016, 23:57

Finally found a better weapon than my MP7! A shiny new assault rifle that benefits from my +800 on the Predator kit saw me jump from 98k to 139k DPS. Finally able to do some decent armour damage in DZ06! Also found two pieces of Striker armour, the bonuses on that look like a very good time.

Also, stacks of fun tonight with the TEA boys, we had two squads of three running around tagging bosses and extracting loot. That made me feel all tough and special until just TWO rogue agents turned up, level 99, who proceeded to wreck all six of us. Perhaps they were hacking? We barely put a scratch on them.

I might have accidentally grabbed the season pass just in time for Underground :D
0 x

Dexterians

Post by Dexterians » 28 Jun 2016, 09:57

DarkMellie wrote:That made me feel all tough and special until just TWO rogue agents turned up, level 99, who proceeded to wreck all six of us
DZ level doesn't mean anything. It's their gear and stats. This is what I was trying to touch on earlier - the game is not just about getting 75% armour mitigation but also about getting the BEST rolls on your gear.

That means trying to get your predator gear with stats that benefit you and your build. It's great having predator gear, but with junk stats it ain't going to do much.

Replace that purple mask! Ooooh wow that'll be holding you back a bit. Replace that mask and watch your GS jump up ~20 levels.
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 28 Jun 2016, 13:11

Yeah, just waiting on a decent drop. It actually hurts me big time to replace it so far (has a massive health or stamina boost, can't recall which).
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 28 Jun 2016, 19:12

Love that one of the many changes in the upcoming patch is that it will show you base damage on weapons. I almost sold my current assault rifle because it was 40k DPS off my MP7... but when I stripped the MP7 it was 10k ahead.

So does the patch release tonight for Australia? Cannot wait to check out the new area (and to enjoy the lowered PC costs).
0 x

Spooler

Post by Spooler » 28 Jun 2016, 19:43

Yup new patch should be up in 20 minutes.
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 28 Jun 2016, 19:59

Cannot wait to get home. I can't believe that today of all days my wife wants me to do some late night grocery shopping :(

Sleep in tomorrow morning methinks!
1 x

Spooler

Post by Spooler » 28 Jun 2016, 20:50

Haha ouch ... I have a lecture tonight so ... i won't be on till like 9:30 at the earliest ... probably 10.
0 x

Nekosan

Post by Nekosan » 28 Jun 2016, 21:23

I saw mellie log in just now and asked when the patched launched... thought he was fucking with me when he said "right now". Meanwhile i click the downloads section and its half downloaded hehe.
0 x
steamcommunity.com/id/krautpants

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 29 Jun 2016, 00:46

Well that was a LOT of fun. Neko and I just ran Underground Hard missions (with 'Fog of War' which takes away radar but rewards you with extra XP) for a couple of hours. We did what, maybe 10 of them? That has me at UG rank 9 and close to 10 (where I can activate a second disabler for each mission adding yet more XP).

Even managed a Challenging mission with just two randoms (the third quit after dying in the first battle).

I've never seen randoms stay in a group before but the two people with us just kept running to the train to wait for us. Seemed to get a lot of weapon drops initially, and a fair amount of raid gear but nothing terribly OP at this point. The randomised layout and mission types seem fun, it's certainly beautiful (if somewhat claustrophobic) underground, and I think with the added difficulty of Heroic and the modifiers, there looks to be a good daily run here between UG and main map dailies.

I had my DPS up to 195 but somewhere along the way I changed some gear and some mods and lost 20k (picture below is meant to show my primary enhanced G36 at 176k). Oh well. Happy to have all green in the gear section, running mainly Predator for the extra damage and Tactician for the extra +2,000 skillpower.

And here's a shot of our 7-man, 2-squad crew from the other night. That was a good time.

0 x

Spooler

Post by Spooler » 29 Jun 2016, 15:21

@mellie

Metal and I have been 2 man clearing challenging underground stuff this morning give me a shout when you're around and ill throw you an invite.
1 x

kharis

Post by kharis » 29 Jun 2016, 15:35

guess i should really start playing this again, still at lvl 23
1 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 29 Jun 2016, 15:45

Do it, Kharis! Would be great to play with you again.

Spooler, sold, challenging is more like hard now to me. Expecting Heroic to be an utter spanker.

Kinda keen to work out a routine where I do main-map dailies, crafting assignments and weeklies, do a dark zone run then close the night out with some Underground. Mainly because since my two new main weapons dropped, I'm getting shit raid gear that's not doing me any favours. I am, however, keen to see what the Underground improvements are, as well as try a few more modifiers for gameplay funzies.
0 x