The Division

How to use climbing axes for fun and profit, with your hosts Nathan Drake and Lara Croft.
kharis

Re: The Division

Post by kharis » 29 Jun 2016, 15:55

will update it tonight if the internet behaves and try and get some more of the story done :)
0 x

Nekosan

Post by Nekosan » 29 Jun 2016, 18:09

DarkMellie wrote:Do it, Kharis! Would be great to play with you again.

Spooler, sold, challenging is more like hard now to me. Expecting Heroic to be an utter spanker.

Kinda keen to work out a routine where I do main-map dailies, crafting assignments and weeklies, do a dark zone run then close the night out with some Underground. Mainly because since my two new main weapons dropped, I'm getting shit raid gear that's not doing me any favours. I am, however, keen to see what the Underground improvements are, as well as try a few more modifiers for gameplay funzies.

I'm keen to see how much fun it still is once we've maxed the levels and arent getting the free cache weapon basically every run.
0 x
steamcommunity.com/id/krautpants

kharis

Post by kharis » 29 Jun 2016, 19:22

8gb download erg. Will have to do it overnight otherwise everyone else will whinge
0 x

Nekosan

Post by Nekosan » 30 Jun 2016, 03:05

After one terrible crack at challenge we went back in and it's quite good, ran a few with one team and everyone was paranoid as fuck and very tactical.

That "destroy the supplies in 60 seconds" one is freaking murderous on most toolsets.

Also is there a way to matchmake in group without you being the leader and using your points? Pissing me off playing as a duo and everyone basically leaching.
0 x

Dexterians

Post by Dexterians » 30 Jun 2016, 09:55

I wish some of you had this on console haha.

kharis wrote:guess i should really start playing this again, still at lvl 23
You should never have stopped - the game gets so good at 30, I wish most of you saw this way back when :P

I'm really enjoying underground. The amount of detail in those map segments! I love the randomness of each mission etc. It's great.

Some friends and I were playing on xbox last night and one of them said "it's basically the dark zone without the nuisance players" - and he's right. The amount of loot and $$$ you get from completing underground missions is insane. You're guaranteed a green or two or three each run.

Nekosan wrote:Also is there a way to matchmake in group without you being the leader and using your points? Pissing me off playing as a duo and everyone basically leaching.
That's weird?
What if you pass the leadership? as in promote someone else to leader?
0 x

Spooler

Post by Spooler » 30 Jun 2016, 14:40

I played destiny on PS4 ... was a horrible experience, keyboard and mouse is sooooo much better for this sort of game (read: anything that requires aiming).

@Nekosan matchmake without using directives ? admittedly I only have the one directive but not having the minimap isn't worth 100xp imo.
0 x
DarkMellie wrote: I love Wang.
Disco LT wrote: Love Gaytimes
"GoN, where no one was afraid to show their love of gaytimes or wang."

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 30 Jun 2016, 17:00

Disagree wholeheartedly, Spooler. I use controller on the PC version and I'm as accurate as you are, I just have less DPS :D
0 x
TS: tms-1.games.on.net Channel: Mellie's Random Games Password: gonmellie

Spooler

Post by Spooler » 30 Jun 2016, 17:09

huh the only pc game i willingly use a controller for is skyrim.

You might be as accurate but I bet target acquisition takes you longer lol
0 x

kharis

Post by kharis » 30 Jun 2016, 17:49

Ive been playing uncharted on ps4. Will probably get an adaptor for kb/m because my controller skills are bad...

Also all patched up but at my parents tonight might jump on if im not home too late but will see
0 x

Nekosan

Post by Nekosan » 30 Jun 2016, 19:33

Spooler wrote:
@Nekosan matchmake without using directives ? admittedly I only have the one directive but not having the minimap isn't worth 100xp imo.
I guess, it's the items im after though and you get nothing but the end chest without directives.
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 30 Jun 2016, 20:18

I seem to be first to shoot and hit in most groups... i know controller is less accurate than mouse and keys, but I think it says something about any shooter these days that I can be on-par. Back in the day, if I'd taken a controller into BF2 I'd be monstered, but in BF4 it's an absolute doddle.
0 x

Nekosan

Post by Nekosan » 01 Jul 2016, 02:14

I need to Smuggle in some HP somewhere, having like 5 of those greens be 204/214 is crippling me with it. Just can't find the right pieces hehe.

I'm starting to get the shits with groups dropping the instant they see my gear score, every single time i get in people that are 220-230+ are no more tanky than I am and they all hit about half as hard. It's a bit demotivating when you have 2 guys shooting an elite and its health doesnt really start to move until I open up.

Challenge mode underground is pissing me off, it seems to be all about positioning now and people just keep doing stupid shit over and over in the end of the instance. Did have a run with a korean pair tonight though and one of them was a full skill heals build and was just thumping out heals 24/7. Reckon it could be interesting to run with one of those, 2 glass cannons and a LMG user.

I'm also pretty keen to give that alpha whatever set a go if i can get the right bits/weapons.
0 x

Nekosan

Post by Nekosan » 02 Jul 2016, 01:43

Aight messed around with some stuff tonight, slight dps paperdoll downgrade and a slight drop in armour (just a teeny but under the cap now) but in return I've picked up nearly 10k health, some resistances and pushed my main weapons crit chance to just over 50% and i'm on 58% enemy armour damage with just over double tech to boost my healing out of being total dogshit.

I'd really like to lose the gloves and use a 2 piece of something else thats decent level, was thinking about lonestar and just being a bullet hose but that damn glove bonus is just too good. My 182 gloves are fucking perfect... 13% crit chance to out of cover targets, base crit chance, base crit damage, assault rifle damage. Totally need those but a higher level >_<

I'm pretty horrified at how good my g36 is even though its only 204 and one of the talents is a bit washy. The thought that it could be 2 tiers higher just has me laughing. :lol:. Not that those will be easily farmable once i'm out of cache drops.
0 x

Dexterians

Post by Dexterians » 02 Jul 2016, 07:48

Nekosan wrote:I'm starting to get the shits with groups dropping the instant they see my gear score, every single time i get in people that are 220-230+ are no more tanky than I am and they all hit about half as hard. It's a bit demotivating when you have 2 guys shooting an elite and its health doesnt really start to move until I open up.
Ooooh I know your feels!

I have quite a few 240 items, then my guns are 204 etc, so my GS is 214. I know I'm only 214 but I hold myself pretty darn well. My gear is calibrated etc enough that Challenging Underground missions are a cakewalk for me - however you have these 240 players who think they're going to be carrying you. I had one group doubt me and took me along anyway, turned out I carried them. After we were done I left their group, wonder if that made them feel any good about their "high" GS.

I find with GS you have two sides - you have the "low end of 214" for example, then you have the "high end 214" - by this I mean some players carrying 240 doesn't necessarily mean they have good gear. Great, you got GS240 but what are the stats like? if you're a poorly specced 240 a well specced 214 could easily take you down. :P

I see more and more people using Assault Rifles...
Have Assault Rifles suddenly become better than SMGs??
I love my SMG/Sniper combo.
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 02 Jul 2016, 13:01

Sitting on 225GS now. Crafted an extended magazine last night that buffed my DPS by almost 40,000 (98% mag size and something else that sadly wasn't rapid fire). I was finally able to spank a Challenging daily without having to spend half the time hiding in cover.

Rerolled some talents on my weapons (SO EXPENSIVE) but at least now I'm able to run all the extras on it which is giving me significant headshot buffs and more.

Gear is such a pain in the arse... I rerolled a lot to armour, but now I've upgraded I'm trying to balance out my hitting power as well. It seems that all I do now is look for that new piece of gear then reroll, reroll, reroll.

Also damn near finished the new incursion too with a group of randoms who communicated. What killed us was the very final part where the ENTIRE floor is set alight and we wiped (twice). My fire resist is only 15% so I'm looking to fit some of that new gear that mitigates 25% of exotic damage.. ideally in the slots I currently use Tactician for so I still get that sweet bleed damage from stacked Predators.

Still, loving it. 6 nights running, it's all I've played (35 hours in the last week alone).
0 x

Nekosan

Post by Nekosan » 02 Jul 2016, 21:58

Did something get changed today? I'm down like 40k dps and my gear hasnt changed...
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 03 Jul 2016, 01:04

Not that I noticed, Neko.

Now on 240k/250k/19k. Ever onwards and upwards.

Dropped out a piece of the Predator's Mark gear.. so I've lost the bleed damage but still get the +600 to assault rifles. Replaced it with Hunter's Faith which gave me the above stat-lift. Reminds me that I should reroll that particular piece of gear.

EDIT: Hah, that's how addicted I am, I jumped back into the game for the reroll. Picked up another +635 to assault rifles boosting me to 255k DPS on my primary. Definitely need a better marksman rifle, currently only putting out 125k on my Paratrooper SVD (and 100k for my pistol wtf).
0 x

Nekosan

Post by Nekosan » 03 Jul 2016, 02:00

Super productive night, zoned into the DZ with a mate for a couple of minutes before i went to bed and it phase changed us as he zoned in... from horrible rogue explosion instance to tranquil snow and another duo who asked if we wanted to team up. Rolled around for maybe an hour before 2 dropped out, recruited another stranger and then Mellie dropped in too.

Cue a couple of hours of smashing our way around and extracting loot, got exactly the predator pack i wanted, some beastly gloves, a holster upgrade and some so so knees that the rest of the new gear let me upgrade with even though the stats really what i would have chosen but the stat roll difference between 214 and max made it worth it.

Have ended up with this:

I also upgraded my secondary (rpk) to tactical which gives me a foregrip slot, that will upgrade again when i reroll the one bad talent it has. Likewise i picked up a near god roll g36 which is about a 40dps downgrade currently but will be DRAMATICALLY better than my current primary once i reroll one stat and my mask/knees will be a pretty good upgrade when i pick up another piece of Lonestar and can roll around with the same stats but an extra 600 rounds for my primary.

I don't even remember the last time i made so much progress in one night (or a week for that matter), a competent 4 man team in the top of the dz on a quiet night is just crazy for gear/guns.

Love me the g36 but i'm still jonesin for a max level LVOA... .i have a 163 lvl one that's shockingly close in dps to the crazy ones im using atm, god only knows how insane a max one would be.
1 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 04 Jul 2016, 00:19

Not only have my stats improved, but I look absolutely fabulous at the same time...

0 x

Nekosan

Post by Nekosan » 04 Jul 2016, 03:27

Awww shit Mellie, you joined the orange crew eh? That seems real popular in the underground TOC for some reason.
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 08 Jul 2016, 23:30

How on EARTH am I still running the same pieces of gear, yet my G36e has lost so much DPS?

Also, cannot seem to move past this gear onto a different set nor pump my stats higher. Even with running Lexington Event Centre 7 times over the other night with Neko, I appear to be in a rut.

Any ideas?
0 x

Nekosan

Post by Nekosan » 09 Jul 2016, 00:25

Its basically impossible without looking at your finer gearing/stats ^

Out of interest, do you have anything on cooldown when that screenie was taken? That will lower your dps like 40k with a g36.
0 x

Spooler

Post by Spooler » 09 Jul 2016, 11:37

The talents on weapons dont always show their effect on your paperdoll.
Sometimes i open my menu and deop 100k dps others its fine.

Honestly i dont find the paper doll to be a very useful guideline for damage.
0 x

Nekosan

Post by Nekosan » 09 Jul 2016, 21:39

Spooler wrote:The talents on weapons dont always show their effect on your paperdoll.
Sometimes i open my menu and deop 100k dps others its fine.

Honestly i dont find the paper doll to be a very useful guideline for damage.

I've found it's particularly bad inside the post office, your stats dont always update to changes you make.
1 x

Spooler

Post by Spooler » 10 Jul 2016, 01:53

Yuuup
0 x