The Division

How to use climbing axes for fun and profit, with your hosts Nathan Drake and Lara Croft.
Dexterians

Re: The Division

Post by Dexterians » 28 Sep 2016, 15:19

October hopefully means good things for the Division.

To be honest I haven't played much of it these days, but from what I've heard/read about the new patch coming, it should be fixing the balance issues and drops and also fixing AI issues. Underground challenging missions are just too hard haha.
0 x

Nekosan

Post by Nekosan » 28 Sep 2016, 15:29

I've not played in months because i got sick of them breaking it more with each patch. Unfortunately i dont think the community will come back.
0 x
steamcommunity.com/id/krautpants

Ralph Wiggum

Post by Ralph Wiggum » 28 Sep 2016, 15:42

A friend playing on PC has said there's been some improvements to the loot gain, possibly enough to pique my interest again.

But I'll probably first get a KB + M adapter for my PS4 before returning to the Division. My friends and I have had a decent break from it too.
0 x
RIP Games.On.Net.

Spooler

Post by Spooler » 28 Sep 2016, 16:11

Nekosan wrote:I've not played in months because i got sick of them breaking it more with each patch. Unfortunately i dont think the community will come back.

Alot of people said that about Diablo 3 for a long time, If they're smart about marketing going forward and 1.4 Brings the great gameplay feel right back into the forefront they could definitely pull players back.
0 x
DarkMellie wrote: I love Wang.
Disco LT wrote: Love Gaytimes
"GoN, where no one was afraid to show their love of gaytimes or wang."

Ralph Wiggum

Post by Ralph Wiggum » 28 Sep 2016, 17:12

Spooler wrote:
Nekosan wrote:I've not played in months because i got sick of them breaking it more with each patch. Unfortunately i dont think the community will come back.
Alot of people said that about Diablo 3 for a long time, If they're smart about marketing going forward and 1.4 Brings the great gameplay feel right back into the forefront they could definitely pull players back.
+1. Loot 2.0 and the rejigging of stats is what brought many, including myself, back into the Diablo fold. Will Division have the same success? Maybe. But Ubisoft seem slow to learn...
0 x
RIP Games.On.Net.

Dexterians

Post by Dexterians » 28 Sep 2016, 17:14

I'm not sure - while I still play division simply to do some of the dailies and then log off again, a lot of my friends refuse to play it as they're waiting for the new patch and refuse to play it until the patch. I only say this as I feel there might be many players like them playing other things until the patch. I'm playing simply to earn whatever easy phoenix credits I can so I'm semi prepared for the update.

As Spooler and Ralph say - this patch will either make or break the game. It'll be a shame if Ubi destroy it.
0 x

Spooler

Post by Spooler » 28 Sep 2016, 17:47

Dexterians wrote:

As Spooler and Ralph say - this patch will either make or break the game. It'll be a shame if Ubi destroy it.

I'd actually say the next content patch (whatever it's called) will be what makes or breaks the game. 1.4 can have some teething issues and it'll be alright so long as it's fixed by the next major content delivery ... if people come back to check it out and see the same old problems it'll kill the game.
0 x

Dexterians

Post by Dexterians » 29 Sep 2016, 17:17

Spooler wrote:I'd actually say the next content patch (whatever it's called) will be what makes or breaks the game. 1.4 can have some teething issues and it'll be alright so long as it's fixed by the next major content delivery ... if people come back to check it out and see the same old problems it'll kill the game.
Yeah I see what you're saying - however I feel 1.4 will give everyone the feel of what to expect with the next content patch. I don't think Division needs more content at the moment, I even think the end of year release is perhaps a little too soon? And that's where I agree with you - if 1.4 doesn't bring people back then the content patch should however it could already be too late by then.

Any feedback from the public test servers? I'm console so wouldn't have a clue.
0 x

Disruptor4

Post by Disruptor4 » 20 Oct 2016, 20:23

So I have decided I should probably finish this lol. Only level 20 with 16h playtime. Main story 50% apparently...
0 x

Spooler

Post by Spooler » 21 Oct 2016, 09:54

@dex

I briefly tried out the last 1.4 build and it was great felt challenging but not like im fighting bullet sponges. And waaay more rewarding.

They've really done a great job imo.
0 x

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 21 Oct 2016, 10:14

Spooler wrote:@dex

I briefly tried out the last 1.4 build and it was great felt challenging but not like im fighting bullet sponges. And waaay more rewarding.

They've really done a great job imo.
I never quite got to max level, might have to dig it up again and finally get to end game. Then again with WoW and Forza 6 and Horizon 3 (playing both since getting the new racing seat and wheel) I have got tonnes to play atm.
0 x
"Put the damn gun down, boy. It aint no toy." - Lite

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 21 Oct 2016, 11:11

Quite enjoyed the end-game of The Division... and it's the first game where I've ever done so. Have it on XBox now and am up to level 25 but exactly as Sath said, there's a lot of other games to enjoy (and BF1's pewpew is about to take over my shooter needs).
0 x
TS: tms-1.games.on.net Channel: Mellie's Random Games Password: gonmellie

Ralph Wiggum

Post by Ralph Wiggum » 21 Oct 2016, 12:03

Promising to hear some positive changes. My gear is nowhere near top level but if the game is more playable (bullet sponge enemies being a massive annoyance) then I could be persuaded to return.

Just gotta tear myself away from Fallout 4 :)
0 x
RIP Games.On.Net.

kharis

Post by kharis » 21 Oct 2016, 12:04

think i'm still level 24, got the season pass and done none of it either :/
0 x

Spooler

Post by Spooler » 21 Oct 2016, 16:58

Ralph Wiggum wrote:Promising to hear some positive changes. My gear is nowhere near top level but if the game is more playable (bullet sponge enemies being a massive annoyance) then I could be persuaded to return.

It's a ton easier to get that awesome gear now too.

Underground now is a TON of fun, it scales in difficulty to your group size so 2 manning and 3 manning content and getting solid rewards is actually a possibility now.
0 x

Ralph Wiggum

Post by Ralph Wiggum » 21 Oct 2016, 22:09

Spooler wrote:
Ralph Wiggum wrote:Promising to hear some positive changes. My gear is nowhere near top level but if the game is more playable (bullet sponge enemies being a massive annoyance) then I could be persuaded to return.

It's a ton easier to get that awesome gear now too.

Underground now is a TON of fun, it scales in difficulty to your group size so 2 manning and 3 manning content and getting solid rewards is actually a possibility now.
Did you ever play Diablo 3 pre and post Loot 2.0? If the changes and rewards are on that level, then yeah, that would definitely bring me back?
0 x
RIP Games.On.Net.

Spooler

Post by Spooler » 22 Oct 2016, 01:34

Yea thay sort of level hknestly it feels like an even more drastic shift than vanilla diablo 3 to loot 2.0 honestly.

The whole game just feels refreshed imo.
0 x

Ralph Wiggum

Post by Ralph Wiggum » 22 Oct 2016, 01:58

Spooler wrote:Yea thay sort of level hknestly it feels like an even more drastic shift than vanilla diablo 3 to loot 2.0 honestly.

The whole game just feels refreshed imo.
Oh wow, that nails it for me. Gonna load it up this weekend.
0 x
RIP Games.On.Net.

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 23 Oct 2016, 08:06

When did they introduce Diablo loot 2.0? Are you talking about when the expansion came out? Been a while since I played D3
0 x
"Put the damn gun down, boy. It aint no toy." - Lite

Ralph Wiggum

Post by Ralph Wiggum » 23 Oct 2016, 10:46

Yeah, it came out around the expansion and totally revitalised the game. I'm flummoxed as to why developers don't learn from the experiences of other games. You'd think they, I dunno, play games.
0 x
RIP Games.On.Net.

Dexterians

Post by Dexterians » 24 Oct 2016, 06:27

@Spooler

Well this is good to hear.
I look forward to the launch of 1.4 - I'm just hoping they don't decide to make some tweaks between now and launch which ruin it.
0 x

Spooler

Post by Spooler » 24 Oct 2016, 09:09

Dexterians wrote:@Spooler

Well this is good to hear.
I look forward to the launch of 1.4 - I'm just hoping they don't decide to make some tweaks between now and launch which ruin it.

Me too honestly, bit worried they'll cut back the amount of loot drops and that'd really suck.
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 16 Dec 2016, 06:56

0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 21 Mar 2017, 07:58

Something for owners of The Division to look forward to...

If they do an anniversary event for Wildlands too, I'll be as sound as a pound.
0 x

Dexterians

Post by Dexterians » 25 Mar 2017, 10:15

I feel like this game has taken a different direction to which it was intentionally heading.

I miss this game but I don't, haven't been back on it in aaages.
0 x