The Division

How to use climbing axes for fun and profit, with your hosts Nathan Drake and Lara Croft.
Mugsy

Re: The Division

Post by Mugsy » 26 Mar 2017, 09:44

Seems to be the way games turn out these days. Many players of Diablo 3 miss end game in vanilla before the expansion came out. Sure, the auction house proved to be a barrier for those starting late but the max difficulty was challenging to all. These days, T13 difficulty can be done by anyone who spends 5min researching how a successful build is put together and then spends a full day getting that gear.

From what I understand of The Division, it's kinda like a 3rd person Diablo 3 with the same loot grinding mentality and now seasons. I play enough seasons in D3 and won't be doing so in The Division. It is good to see that the devs are releasing major content patches for the game.

I on the other hand didn't play the game from day 1 so I've still got the campaign to look forward to. It's just a shame I won't be doing this in co-op.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:
02 Dec 2018, 21:33
It'll look amazing shoved up his ass if he doesn't actually learn to play the fucking thing.

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 04 May 2017, 23:12

Finally getting around to installing this for the campaign now that I've finished Wildlands. Curious to see whether I'll enjoy this more than Narco Road.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:
It'll look amazing shoved up his ass if he doesn't actually learn to play the fucking thing.

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 06 May 2017, 17:58

Hmmm, after coming off GR Wildlands, The Division feels very... clunky.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 06 May 2017, 19:06

Love the division so much more than Wildlands! For exactly the reason that Wildlands is so very easy.
0 x
TS: tms-1.games.on.net Channel: Mellie's Random Games Password: gonmellie

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 07 May 2017, 09:11

I don't disagree that Wildlands can be very easy. The bug/feature where your team mates can lock onto an enemy that's not within line of sight for a second before losing the lock on makes things so easy. But the harder difficulties do make the game a lot more challenging.

But the controls for Wildlands is so much more smoother. Getting into cover or vaulting over things didn't have the clunkiness that The Division has got. The user interface is also easier to navigate than in the Division. Fluidity is quite important to me... one reason why I still play Diablo 3 more than any other ARPG. It's a pity Wildlands doesn't have an endgame co-op mode like The Division does.

Anyway, back to The Division, I'll go through the campaign still. Hopefully I'll get a better weapon and find some more appearance customisations soon... aviator shades are nice but I miss my Oakleys from Wildlands - lol
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 07 May 2017, 10:44

OK, now we're starting to get down to business... got a G36C AR... modded with a scope and what seems to be a rangefinder or laser sight.

Only level 3 though... need to get to lvel4 to unlock the third gun slot. Still got my previous gun (a submachine gun) so ammo ought be conserved a little better once I get to lvl4).

Not sure why my outfits unlocked via uplay rewards, or even all the other rewards, aren't in my game. Pretty annoying.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

kharis

Post by kharis » 07 May 2017, 13:20

You get your unlocks when you get your base. There is a dude who "sells" them to you for free
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 07 May 2017, 13:44

Thanks kharis! Guess I have to play more.

As if I didn't have enough to play already with a MOBA, ARPG and another third person shooter - lol
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 07 May 2017, 16:28

Hit lvl4 and got to the base of operations too. Upgrade to an M4A1 AR... stuck the scope and laser sight on it. Also got a better SMG for my secondary... need a better pistol though.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 04 Sep 2017, 06:55

Hmmm, probably should go play through this again with 1.8 patch coming out...

0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Darius359au

Post by Darius359au » 08 Sep 2017, 13:05

might be worth reinstalling.
0 x

Dexterians

Post by Dexterians » 13 Apr 2018, 14:51

So rumours around say that this game has had some overhaul or some update (in 2018) and is good now?

Anyone given it a whirl recently and has any opinion?
I'm almost tempted to fire it up.
0 x

Yurtles

Post by Yurtles » 13 Apr 2018, 15:06

Yeah it's a solid game, pretty much what it should have been at launch. I bought it after the updates and overhaul for cheap and put in over 100 hours before I decided I'd had enough. It does get to grindy nonsense eventually, but there's a ton of engaging and entertaining content to go through before you get there. You don't even need to group to enjoy it, which was nice.
0 x
BorisBC wrote:Pro tip - if you have to spew in a car, spew down the (inside) front of your shirt. Trust me, it's a lot easier to clean spew off yourself than the interior of a car.

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 14 Apr 2018, 00:04

Yeah, the Division is a superb game in its current state. I'm cautiously optimistic about the sequel when it gets made... but the lessons of Destiny 2 are with me. Destiny was pretty terrible to begin with, and just got better and better... with almost none of those lessons going into its really substandard sequel.

I'm sure Ubi will nail it though.
0 x
TS: tms-1.games.on.net Channel: Mellie's Random Games Password: gonmellie

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 14 Apr 2018, 15:17

Yeah, I picked up a 2 copies at $10 each from Big W a while back and have to say that it's pretty good. Wasn't hard to get into a game with randoms at all but I prefer going solo just so that I can watch the story unfold at my own pace.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Dexterians

Post by Dexterians » 16 Apr 2018, 11:56

Yeah I used to play this heavily, and stopped playing shortly after underground was released. While underground was good, the the game took a downhill turn and players were dropping - the game felt stale.

Then recently I read it's getting good so wanted to confirm - will have to boot this up and give it a whirl again then, good to know it's not just heresay.

DarkMellie wrote:
14 Apr 2018, 00:04
Yeah, the Division is a superb game in its current state. I'm cautiously optimistic about the sequel when it gets made... but the lessons of Destiny 2 are with me. Destiny was pretty terrible to begin with, and just got better and better... with almost none of those lessons going into its really substandard sequel.

I'm sure Ubi will nail it though.
Ugh, yeah. Destiny. I still have a sour taste with that game. Taken King was my breaking point with it. Haven't gone back to it, refuse to even try Destiny 2.
0 x