Far Cry 5

Lets go build something
Mythor

Re: Far Cry 5

Post by Mythor » 31 Aug 2018, 12:48

Shovel launcher?! If I wasn't already going to reinstall it for zombies I would for a shovel launcher.
0 x
"Me ate truck once." - Cookie Monster
Player Attack! - Diablo 3 Clan Details

brimlad

Post by brimlad » 01 Sep 2018, 18:31

the shovel launcher is great fun but not the best weapon, you get 2 shovels which you can recover once fired but the reload is slow and the damage not that massive; m79 for me, probably the best weapon especially once you perk it up to 24 grenades and the bow is pretty good with Jess as a sidekick, you can do plenty of stealth attacks and avoid the reinforcements being called in.

zombies isn't bad a tad linear but good fun and has an eighties feel in that there are no save points for each episode so you need to be on your toes for the end battle or you do it again and again and again :D
0 x

Kendrite

Post by Kendrite » 25 Mar 2019, 16:28

I'm pretty excited I just bought a new PC for the first time in over 10 years. Hopefully it'll arrive in the next few weeks.

I'm looking for some newer games to test on it and noticed Far Cry 5 is on sale for the next 12 hours.

Being a bit tight I was just hoping someone could confirm it's worth picking up to test my new system? Also is the gold edition worth the extra money??

Thanks and cheers.
0 x

brimlad

Post by brimlad » 25 Mar 2019, 16:52

It is good fun plenty to keep you occupied though it does have quite a few cut scenes that do get annoying but worth the sale price. I bought the gold ed and the first two addons were good fun the zombie one got pretty old quick probably worth $15 for the three addons. The good thing about the addon's is you can use the weapons in the main game so from the Mars addon I can use energy weapons in the main campaign which a tad weird but great fun :)

edit: it also has a new game mode called campaign + which once you finish the campaign you can do it again at a high difficulty but you get to get to keep all the weapons and cash you had at the end of your first campaign conquest which is rather neat.
and when you do finish the campaign you can continue to play, explore and hunt in hope county which is rather fun and you earn cash as you would normally, like the game doesn't just end. good to bolster your cash for coop games.
0 x

Kendrite

Post by Kendrite » 25 Mar 2019, 17:36

Thanks Brimlad - I've decided I'll pick up the standard edition. I really enjoyed 1, 3, 4 and Primal so I guess I know what I'm in for.
0 x

brimlad

Post by brimlad » 26 Mar 2019, 11:00

it's better than 3 and 4; 2 is my fav and 1 was pretty awesome. I'm still struggling with primal it's good fun but I just keep getting eaten by things big things lol
0 x

brimlad

Post by brimlad » 11 Apr 2019, 12:39

big 9gb patch for FC5. I mention it because it is rather rare for ubi to patch a game one year on but the popularity of Far Cry New Dawn (an stand alone expansion of FC5) has motivated them to revisit some of the issues in FC5. So if you did have some problems with FC5 might be worth firing it up and seeing if this new patch has done some good.

And took me a while to get into Far Cry new dawn but 20% (5hrs) in and I'm starting to really enjoy the game, some good missions and NPC's and I'm back fishing :D

0 x