Ghost Recon: Wildlands

Lets go build something
Mugsy

Ghost Recon: Wildlands

Post by Mugsy » 27 May 2016, 19:18

I'm going to start a Uplay account just for this!

0 x
CherryRed wrote:
02 Dec 2018, 21:33
It'll look amazing shoved up his ass if he doesn't actually learn to play the fucking thing.

Makena

Re: Ghost Recon: Wildlands

Post by Makena » 27 May 2016, 20:09

Been waiting for more info about this since the E3 trailer last year, I know it'll just be more ubisoft openworldness but I'm still keen I think
0 x

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 27 May 2016, 20:19

If you can actually complete missions however you want, I'm keen. I'm a little dubious they'd actually let you camp on a mountain and snipe a guy in a compound a mile away and then get away on motorbikes. Suspect they'll find a way to crowbar you into cutscenes and corral you into limited approaches for too many missions.
Maybe we'll see a proper gameplay playthrough at E3? Would be good.
0 x
"Me ate truck once." - Cookie Monster
Player Attack! - Diablo 3 Clan Details

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 16 Jun 2016, 22:52

This is definitely the game I've been waiting for!

What this reminds me of is actually Battlefield 1942 when I use to play it offline against bots with my bro. The assault on compounds in Wildlands reminds me how we use to attack and capture flags. Some of the bases, like the hill on Iowa Jima felt like a real fortification when there's 20+ bots swarming out of it.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:
It'll look amazing shoved up his ass if he doesn't actually learn to play the fucking thing.

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 16 Jun 2016, 23:06

A dev recounted a story of someone trying a unique tactic, can't recall if it was a playtester or random press person. They had a mission to kill a dude who was in a villa, the guys decided to grab a helicopter for the trip but before getting in a C4 pack was attached. They flew in, stopped above the compound and bailed out, blowing the C4 just above the rooftops. Combined explosion took out the target. Dev said he thought for a moment they'd have to fix that, then realised that actually it's just a good tactic enabled by the mechanics of the game.

So, I'm much more into it than before, now. If there really is that much freedom, that's great!
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 17 Jun 2016, 06:53

Mate, you've peaked my interest even more!

Tempted to pre-order this but kinda still burnt from the ACM experience as well as the previous Ghost Recon and Watch Dogs not turning out the way people wanted. In saying that, I think all that I want in this game has been shown already.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Dexterians

Post by Dexterians » 17 Jun 2016, 09:36

Mythor wrote:So, I'm much more into it than before, now. If there really is that much freedom, that's great!
Just Cause Ghost Recon

Nah I look forward to it - looks amazing.
I really enjoy tactical shooters - and the ability to tackle them any way you can is quite nice. For them to try and avoid players from unconventional methods just reduces the amount of creativity.
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 17 Jun 2016, 13:41

Want Want Want!!!

Now to wait :(
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 17 Jun 2016, 13:46

Not out till next year so definitely too far out for a preorder. Good to know there's something a bit different out on the horizon though. :)
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 17 Jun 2016, 13:51

And looks like we should be able to get a nice little coop group together to play it :)

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 17 Jun 2016, 14:09

Yes. It does look like there are enough of us here who are keen on some Wildlands co-op.

Pity it's limited to 4 players. A team of 6 or 8 would have opened up possibilities with assaulting larger compounds.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Dexterians

Post by Dexterians » 17 Jun 2016, 16:15

But yer all PC players yeah?

yeah :(
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 18 Jun 2016, 00:22

Yep, PC player here... I don't own a current gen console... and have no plans to get one. Considering the console I had before my PS3 was a Sega Mega Drive, it's gonna be a few generations before I get myself a new console methinks. Now will they have cross platform play as the norm then?
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Dexterians

Post by Dexterians » 20 Jun 2016, 11:14

Mugsy wrote:Now will they have cross platform play as the norm then?
I fear this - especially as far as PC vs Xbox vs PS is concerned...

it means us Xbox or PS players are going to be plagued by PC hacker scum :problem:
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 20 Jun 2016, 18:00

That's a fair call. I won't deny that hacking on PC is an issue, though, I do believe that if a company takes a really strong stance against hacking, a game can still thrive in the long run. Blizzard is doing that with Overwatch at the moment with bans quite severe and effective.

In the case of Wildlands which is primarily co-op, I personally think cross platform play will outweigh the downsides. A good system for taking screen shots of hacked gameplay and sending to Ubisoft when in game could really keep things at bay (assuming they do sufficient banning like Blizzard currently are).
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Nekosan

Post by Nekosan » 20 Jun 2016, 18:31

Ubi just dont care ^
0 x
steamcommunity.com/id/krautpants

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 20 Jun 2016, 19:28

Wildlands is singleplayer and co-op only. I'm sure there'll be hackers but it shouldn't be as big a problem as in games with competitive modes.
It's doubtful the game will be cross platform enabled anyway. Think a wider pool of players would be more of a benefit than not.
0 x

Nekosan

Post by Nekosan » 29 Jun 2016, 21:59

Well thhat was scathing....

0 x

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 29 Jun 2016, 22:29

"Nothing much is going to change" in nine months.
It's out in March and he thinks it'll go gold in December...

Scathing, yes. That is one word for it. :dodgy:
0 x

Dexterians

Post by Dexterians » 30 Jun 2016, 09:45

Mythor wrote:I'm sure there'll be hackers but it shouldn't be as big a problem as in games with competitive modes.
yeah I was worried it might get competitive play.

I thought this game was going to be exactly like division only set in wildlands using the GR IP.

I'm glad I'm wrong.

And now after seeing that new video - I'm skeptical if this game is going to be anywhere near as good as the previous GR titles.
0 x

Dinofreak

Post by Dinofreak » 30 Jun 2016, 10:45

Maybe Ubisoft have learnt their lesson of downgrading content on release and are only showing crappy gameplay now so when the game gets closer they can start making it look more and more amazing /eternaloptimist

It's weird, it's the terrible building and object textures mixed with distance blur at about 10 meters make everything look like it's from 10 years ago. Then they have this really nice looking distance terrain. I'm firmly planted on the fence now so we will see how it goes.
0 x
"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."
-- W. C. Fields

Yurtles

Post by Yurtles » 30 Jun 2016, 11:33

That guy in Neko's video seems to essentially be a radio shock jock for Youtube.
0 x
BorisBC wrote:Pro tip - if you have to spew in a car, spew down the (inside) front of your shirt. Trust me, it's a lot easier to clean spew off yourself than the interior of a car.

Nekosan

Post by Nekosan » 30 Jun 2016, 19:35

Yurtles wrote:That guy in Neko's video seems to essentially be a radio shock jock for Youtube.

I dunno man, i agree with most of what he said. Expecting major graphic upgrades at this stage is just naive, it would be the first time it has ever actually happened that i can remember. Based on everything gaming has taught me, especially Ubi games... what we see (or worse) is what we're going to get and that is NOT what the trailers promised.

The sad thing is i'll still but it if it's just 4 player coop far cry.
0 x

Yurtles

Post by Yurtles » 30 Jun 2016, 21:08

It's the way he talks and presents the video. He's baiting people to agree/disagree with him for the sake of controversy and views. Knowing Ubisoft he'll probably be right (apart from the nonsense about competitive multiplayer "fixing" the game), but I can't stand his style.
0 x
BorisBC wrote:Pro tip - if you have to spew in a car, spew down the (inside) front of your shirt. Trust me, it's a lot easier to clean spew off yourself than the interior of a car.

Disco

Post by Disco » 30 Jun 2016, 22:15

I want this to be good, I'm just not going to hold my breath :/
0 x
Nekosan wrote:
29 Mar 2018, 00:36
Disco is fkn banned from the flamethrower. :lol: