Your Fallout 4 Settlements, Show Them To Me

Step into someone else's shoes for a while, and live out their experiences all from the comfort of your chair.
Mythor

Re: Your Fallout 4 Settlements, Show Them To Me

Post by Mythor » 13 Nov 2015, 18:46

Getting myself a bell, pronto. And maybe redoing my terrible veggie patch at Sanctuary so I have more mutfruits.

Sweet conversion you did on that house, Moose. BoS flag on the outside of the "garage", maybe?
0 x
"Me ate truck once." - Cookie Monster
Player Attack! - Diablo 3 Clan Details

Bicketybam

Post by Bicketybam » 13 Nov 2015, 19:27

Anon. E. Moose wrote:Install a bell, when you ring it all the settlers will come to it.
I've got a bell, just thought it was to alert people when there are hostiles around. Never thought of using it myself to get them to come to me... cool, cheers!
0 x

Giblet

Post by Giblet » 14 Nov 2015, 02:31

Finally finished walling right around Sanctuary, only way in is across the bridge with all my turrets. Also walled off a bit in the water so I could have an industrial water purifier inside the walls.

0 x

Kendrite

Post by Kendrite » 14 Nov 2015, 09:06

Giblet wrote:Finally finished walling right around Sanctuary, only way in is across the bridge with all my turrets. Also walled off a bit in the water so I could have an industrial water purifier inside the walls.
I haven't got Fallout 4 yet but that looks impressive. How long does something like that take to create?
0 x

Anon. E. Moose

Re: RE: Re: Your Fallout 4 Settlements, Show Them To Me

Post by Anon. E. Moose » 14 Nov 2015, 09:32

Bicketybam wrote:
Anon. E. Moose wrote:Install a bell, when you ring it all the settlers will come to it.
I've got a bell, just thought it was to alert people when there are hostiles around. Never thought of using it myself to get them to come to me... cool, cheers!
I think there's two types, one is a bell to gather all your settlers at a location, and the other is an alarm which is used to alert settlers to any attackers.
0 x

Giblet

Post by Giblet » 14 Nov 2015, 09:45

Anon. E. Moose wrote:I think there's two types, one is a bell to gather all your settlers at a location, and the other is an alarm which is used to alert settlers to any attackers.
Yeah, one requires power (the alarm) and the bell doesn't.
0 x

Giblet

Post by Giblet » 14 Nov 2015, 09:54

Kendrite wrote:
Giblet wrote:Finally finished walling right around Sanctuary, only way in is across the bridge with all my turrets. Also walled off a bit in the water so I could have an industrial water purifier inside the walls.
I haven't got Fallout 4 yet but that looks impressive. How long does something like that take to create?
Once you have all the materials to build, not that long, hour or two to get it all right. Mind you though, I have hardly done any of the missions, just been going around getting scrap so I can build with :P . Steam says 54hrs(some was afk) play time and I have only just done the first two Minutemen missions, and just met up with the Brotherhood Paladin Danse. :lol:

Guess I should go find my kid now....
0 x

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 14 Nov 2015, 15:22

Made a bell, was somewhat useful, found a couple of settlers to man my armour and weapons traders. No idea where all the other settlers are hiding, supposedly have 14 in total at Sanctuary, think it might be counting supply line runners though.

Be careful when going to a settlement to defend it, if you haven't put your spawn point somewhere safe. I tried to fast travel to a smaller one and was surrounded by Super Mutants. One had a minigun and two had missile launchers. It did not go well! After the reload I went to a nearby location first and started combat from long range. Went a lot better. :)
0 x

lorry_driver

Post by lorry_driver » 16 Nov 2015, 14:45

Any idea how to make the junk fences to line up properly? Wire fences snap to place just fine, but whenever I try to build a junk fence, it either has a sizeable gap in between or it's floating on air. It's most notorious at Starlight drive-in.

I'm using kb/m controls, just fyi.
0 x
Image Image

Bicketybam

Post by Bicketybam » 16 Nov 2015, 15:47

lorry_driver wrote:Any idea how to make the junk fences to line up properly? Wire fences snap to place just fine, but whenever I try to build a junk fence, it either has a sizeable gap in between or it's floating on air. It's most notorious at Starlight drive-in.
Don't use the junk fence, it doesn't snap at all. Best to use just a wooden wall section. If I feel I need to use the junk fence I try to double it up and overlap sections.

------

I wish it would tell me what settler I have already assigned a job to. I hate grabbing someone for something and only realising I had them assigned to something else...
0 x

NoobyMcNoobnoob

Post by NoobyMcNoobnoob » 17 Nov 2015, 10:26

if you guys want a challenge i just found out that the island out in the water to the right bottom of the map is ALL build area.

thats right a whole island, just clear out some mirelurks and there's a workshop bench in a little metal hut on a hill.

have fun scavenging the rest of the map for mats to build stuff for that space

get swimming
0 x

Ralph Wiggum

Post by Ralph Wiggum » 17 Nov 2015, 10:35

Ah, but can you build a bridge over the water for settlers/traders to use? Or is this one of those "celebrity private islands" sort of things? :)

I've decided to limit my tributary settlements to two at the moment, maybe three with Grayhaven, until my proper settlement at Sanctuary is fully completed with stores, lights etc.
0 x
RIP Games.On.Net.

Bicketybam

Post by Bicketybam » 17 Nov 2015, 11:10

While I'm building up Sanctuary, it turns out Starlight drive-in seems to be my most successful so far as it already has 13 people. I will have to turn off the beacon soon though as the biggest problem with starlight is that there does not seem to be much "dirt" to grow my garden on (although by the looks of it the brammin doesn't actually need dirt, just his food trough, so I might just move his pen a little further down and then use his area for gardening).

I was attacked there by Super Mutants once (which made me move my fast travel point because it lobs you right into the middle of them if you fast travel there) but while I had turrets, the settlers only had little guns. Since then and having been on mission to Arcjet systems, I've modded and decked out most of the original people their with modded lasers and modded armour. Next time the muties attack though it will be interesting to see if I need to do anything myself.

I watching a youtube of a guy build a house in the tree at Sanctuary, so now I build massive platforms to get up to certain points (like the top of the projector section) just to build a turret and then I tear it all down again. :lol:

Also, it turns out there are 30 different places that can be come settlements... :shock:
0 x

korbain

Post by korbain » 17 Nov 2015, 13:35

30 different places! Dear god...i've spent like 10 hours just on 2 lol I need to stop, i go do a quest and end up having to come back because im over encumbered with junk haha

How do you's zoom out and take screen shots of your settlements like that?!
0 x

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 17 Nov 2015, 14:06

I have about a dozen unlocked, I'll do a count when I get a chance to play later. There's so many I've gone around sending settlers to either Sanctuary or the Castle to try and consolidate a little. In the long term I'd love to go and build out some of the more unique locations properly but for now I've got to keep the resources where I can make best use of them. Need more settlements producing the mutfruit/corn/tato/water combo you can cook off into vegetable starch for "free" adhesive!
0 x

Bicketybam

Post by Bicketybam » 17 Nov 2015, 14:23

korbain wrote:30 different places! Dear god...i've spent like 10 hours just on 2 lol I need to stop, i go do a quest and end up having to come back because im over encumbered with junk haha

How do you's zoom out and take screen shots of your settlements like that?!
Would be via the console commands, these are the ones that probably work best :
  • tfc - Toggles freefly camera. tfc 1 freezes all animations, useful for screenshots.
  • sucsm 20 - Changes the Freefly camera movement speed. 20 is default.
  • tm - Toggles UI Overlay (including console, type TM again to show.)
1 x

korbain

Post by korbain » 17 Nov 2015, 14:41

Thanks ^^
0 x

Matty

Post by Matty » 17 Nov 2015, 16:36

My problem is I'm a real user of settlements. I move in right away, and stay until the resources are gone.
0 x
Matter of fact, I didn't even give you my coat!

Bicketybam

Post by Bicketybam » 17 Nov 2015, 16:41

Piper and myself relaxing (stiff back and all) on the sun deck..

Over looking the garden and "help" below us..

A better shot of the "grounds" (buildings in the background were first attempts.. will be reorganising soon.)

Had some recent renovations at our beach estate, employed Lev "the Levatator" the renowned magician turn architect to create some turrets in turrets for defenses...

It's a kind of magic...

Now I need a bigger space as it has given me new ideas... ;)
0 x

korbain

Post by korbain » 17 Nov 2015, 20:35

Man they look good ^ i'll def get some screens of mine. Im working on my 3rd. This game is so addictive :o
0 x

Anon. E. Moose

Post by Anon. E. Moose » 19 Nov 2015, 20:39

Operation Re-take the Castle
Step 1: Repair the walls

I think this place might become my new home.
0 x

Anon. E. Moose

Post by Anon. E. Moose » 19 Nov 2015, 23:27

Step 2: Build a gateway in and out

Step 3: The all important rec room
0 x

Bicketybam

Post by Bicketybam » 20 Nov 2015, 03:51

Looking sweet Moose. Yeah another friend has done that too. :clap:

Is that your only Bobblehead stand? Just wondering if I create a second one else where, (mine is in my home in Sanctuary) will it just mirror the first one with the bobbleheads?
0 x

Anon. E. Moose

Post by Anon. E. Moose » 20 Nov 2015, 07:34

It's my 2nd stand, sadly it doesn't mirror, I had to move them from Sanctuary.
0 x

Anon. E. Moose

Post by Anon. E. Moose » 20 Nov 2015, 13:51

Step 4: A garage for the X-01 Power Armour, with the Ashmaker on the table.

There's enough room to build each of the stores inside the Castle walls, so once I get enough caps and settlers that'll be next, as well as doing up the courtyard with gardens and common areas.

I'm noticing come people have items that I can't seem to craft, for example how did you get the BBQ and table with umbrella below, Bickety?
Bicketybam wrote:Piper and myself relaxing (stiff back and all) on the sun deck..
0 x