Your Fallout 4 Settlements, Show Them To Me

Step into someone else's shoes for a while, and live out their experiences all from the comfort of your chair.
Ralph Wiggum

Re: Your Fallout 4 Settlements, Show Them To Me

Post by Ralph Wiggum » 23 Nov 2015, 12:57

Hypothetical: It'd be awesome if Dogmeat or your guard dogs start growling and following synth settlers. You can confront the settlers and with sufficient charisma get them to admit they're a synth. At which you can shoot them (which disappoints Valentine) or perhaps convince them to join your side or something.
1 x
RIP Games.On.Net.

Bicketybam

Post by Bicketybam » 23 Nov 2015, 13:13

Ralph Wiggum wrote:Can you post a screenshot of the "send" option? I could only see the "supply lines" options..
Wasn't the 3rd option it was the 2nd and it's called "Move" (wha?? Why not just send, considering the 2nd part says "Send settler to") and once you click on it then up pops a list of settlements you have.

0 x

Matty

Post by Matty » 23 Nov 2015, 13:47

Ralph Wiggum wrote:Hypothetical: It'd be awesome if Dogmeat or your guard dogs start growling and following synth settlers. You can confront the settlers and with sufficient charisma get them to admit they're a synth. At which you can shoot them (which disappoints Valentine) or perhaps convince them to join your side or something.
My option was to make a giant interment camp until I find the guy. :P My happiness is plummeting for no reason so I'm wondering if that's the cause.
0 x
Matter of fact, I didn't even give you my coat!

Ralph Wiggum

Post by Ralph Wiggum » 23 Nov 2015, 13:52

Ahh thanks Bickety. I must've overlooked the "move" part, like you said it would make more sense to be called "send".

Now I'm tempted to make Sanctuary an all-female camp :) ;) :)
0 x
RIP Games.On.Net.

Bicketybam

Post by Bicketybam » 23 Nov 2015, 14:41

Matty wrote:I have read Synths can infiltrate your camps.
Buggar.. I've just read that people are finding out who they are through vats by checking if they have a higher energy resistance and then if they have a synth component on them if they attack the settler. Would that mean don't give any settler any modded synth armour for protection?

I encountered a huge force attacking my Nordhagen Beach settlement, there must have been about 15 synths that attacked and they were all heavy combat synths. I wasn't too worried and fended them off quite well except for a few problems.

Fast travel point, always move this... I sometimes forget, but the enemy always seems to attack from right near the original spawn point and then if you fast travel to the attack it puts you right in the middle of the attack.

Second thing was that when they attacked it was dark and I couldn't really tell who was who, mainly because I was wearing my power armour with the targeting sensor that highlights living items and they all looked the same. So much so that I accidentally killed one of my settlers. :oops:

They killed one.

Finally make sure you talk to your people after being attacked. I thought I had but obviously not the right people as when I left I got a message saying that I failed to defend them when I had. So double check. But their happiness has been going down and now I know why, amongst them is a Synth spy. Seems like I have to work out who. Instead of killing them I might just send them to one of the smaller settlements and see if that changes things.
0 x

Matty

Post by Matty » 23 Nov 2015, 16:12

Bicketybam wrote:
Matty wrote:I have read Synths can infiltrate your camps.
Buggar.. I've just read that people are finding out who they are through vats by checking if they have a higher energy resistance and then if they have a synth component on them if they attack the settler. Would that mean don't give any settler any modded synth armour for protection?
Apparently the green hats give energy res too. It's diamond city all over again! Single files, clothes off, 1by1 though the vats screening process!
0 x

Bicketybam

Post by Bicketybam » 23 Nov 2015, 19:09

Matty wrote:Apparently the green hats give energy res too. It's diamond city all over again! Single files, clothes off, 1by1 though the vats screening process!
Hmmm, well this lady had a green hat.

I sent her off on her own to the Hangman's Alley settlement in the city and either she was/is a synth or she just smelled bad, the moment I sent her away the happiness level which was in the negative suddenly became positive again. Image
0 x

Bicketybam

Post by Bicketybam » 25 Nov 2015, 10:39

I've started my "Shopping Mall" for the Starlight drive in. Currently has the restaurant, the trader and a clothing store. Need the medical perk if I want a clinic and I need to save some cash for the other options.

I planned it to just be single story buildings but then discovered the higher shops had roof parts that stuck out and wouldn't fit in my little shopping mall. I then had to redesign the tops of it so I could fit everything in.

One thing with this, if at first it doesn't fit, try another way and circumnavigate the problem. Once you get a 2nd level or whatever, you can just build on from that. And if need resources, build one, build the next, then delete the one behind and continue on that way. Had to do that a few times with that... ;)
0 x

Aoyaibaba

Post by Aoyaibaba » 25 Nov 2015, 18:45

So something happened. My electricity gone from green to red although I'm quite sure that I didn't build any extra consumtion, it's like someone hook wire to my network and use my electricity for free. I try added couples of big generator in but it still red, and I don't see any shortage in electricity either, all the lights is working, all has connected wire

my happines is dropping...
0 x

Matty

Post by Matty » 25 Nov 2015, 19:36

My happiness is dropping too and I don't know why. If you have an attack on your base and don't help they can destroy the generators and you have to repair them.
0 x

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 25 Nov 2015, 19:41

Could also try powercycling them. My spotlights don't come on sometimes on load or fast travel, might be things that aren't being counted as "on" causing it?
0 x
"Me ate truck once." - Cookie Monster
Player Attack! - Diablo 3 Clan Details

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 26 Nov 2015, 00:49

On my new character I tried to keep a bunch of the interesting outdoor stuff from Sanctuary. And some TVs. Then set them up on the road.
I need more flamingos. :(
0 x

Ralph Wiggum

Post by Ralph Wiggum » 26 Nov 2015, 01:46

There's a bug with the small weapon vendor where he/she won't stand at the stall once you assign them. There are no problems with the medium /large stall though.
0 x
RIP Games.On.Net.

Bicketybam

Post by Bicketybam » 26 Nov 2015, 06:47

Mythor wrote:On my new character I tried to keep a bunch of the interesting outdoor stuff from Sanctuary. And some TVs. Then set them up on the road.

I need more flamingos. :(
If you find the "Picket Fences" magazines they add different items to your buildings. There is the lawn furniture and the grill now, I've got different lights and pot plants and statues and one other thing I can't think of now (five magazines, five new collections).

Although, I'm thinking I may add this mod shortly : http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1145/?

That adds hundreds of other assets from the game to your building options. Will activate it one day soon.

eg :
0 x

Darius359au

Post by Darius359au » 26 Nov 2015, 21:12

My Armour bays ,started running around trying to find more suits ,got 2 fully restored suits (T-45 T-60) ,and 2 more waiting for restoration - having a hassle finding left legs and arms.
0 x

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 27 Nov 2015, 12:24

I've been doing up The Castle, got a bit of a farm going and building a settlement perched up on one of the walls. Work in progress but pics below.

0 x
"Put the damn gun down, boy. It aint no toy." - Lite

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 27 Nov 2015, 14:08

Started work on my personal quarters last night.
Desperate for more copper for electrical stuff. Have it highlighted so I can buy out any vendors I visit, but that's single digits worth and I need hundreds. :(
0 x

Ralph Wiggum

Post by Ralph Wiggum » 28 Nov 2015, 13:11

Regarding The Castle
did anyone discover the castle tunnels?
0 x
RIP Games.On.Net.

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 28 Nov 2015, 13:16

There's a quest where you're lead to that part of the Castle. Talk to one of the NPCs, I forget which one. And it plays a different voice line if you find it before talking to the NPC, too. Pretty great. :D

Turns out I can't build a giant flatscreen at Starlight on the side of my fort, run out of space. :(
Now have to do math and work out what size I could have instead!
0 x

Anon. E. Moose

Post by Anon. E. Moose » 28 Nov 2015, 13:22

The tunnels are part of a quest to get into the armoury. The NPC lady who gives it to you is more annoying than Marcy in Sanctuary...
0 x

Bicketybam

Post by Bicketybam » 28 Nov 2015, 14:42

Mythor wrote:Turns out I can't build a giant flatscreen at Starlight on the side of my fort, run out of space.
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/818/?

Super simple to use, there is even a little video showing how easy it is to overcome. I'd say the settlement limits are in there for the console users as they would be way more limited on resources then PC's.

0 x

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 28 Nov 2015, 16:28

There's quite a few mods out there that do it but I'm not keen on the idea, don't want to get stuck in a crash loop and have to go back to an earlier save. Have altered my plans and fairly confident the new idea will work. Finger's crossed!
0 x

boars

Post by boars » 28 Nov 2015, 17:11

These all look fun as hell to build... appeals to me almost more than the normal part of the game itself... but I'll hold out for cheap prices >_> too many games to play as it is... but keep posting those pics :D they look great
0 x

Bicketybam

Post by Bicketybam » 28 Nov 2015, 20:13

Mythor wrote:There's quite a few mods out there that do it but I'm not keen on the idea, don't want to get stuck in a crash loop and have to go back to an earlier save. Have altered my plans and fairly confident the new idea will work. Finger's crossed!
That higher settlement mod is a text file that sits in your FO4 dir and you execute it by typing "bat settlement" and it runs the following commands

Code: Select all

setav 349 3675555555.00
setav 34B 3675555555.00
getav 349
getav 34B
I very much doubt it will do anything to your save games. But your choice.

The only crashes I've had lately are the dodgy nvidia drivers causing errors. So much so I've had to downgrade them to an earlier version I had.
0 x

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 28 Nov 2015, 20:51

The mod/commands won't do anything, building well beyond the supported limit could cause problems later on.
0 x