Micro RPGs

Step into someone else's shoes for a while, and live out their experiences all from the comfort of your chair.
acegiak

Micro RPGs

Post by acegiak » 18 Nov 2015, 23:58

I love running RPGs and have a tendency to run huge epic games that go on for too long. To counter that I've started getting into Micro RPGs which you can set up and play through in a few hours when you've just got a couple of friends together. They're roleplaying games without the baggage and they're so great. My current favourites at the moment are:
Anyone else played any of these or have recommendations for other good micro RPGs?
0 x

Jimmy_The_Geek

Re: Micro RPGs

Post by Jimmy_The_Geek » 19 Nov 2015, 09:13

I am... Facinated by Bubblegum. Have you played Dread? I quite like that one. It's a horror game that works really naturally because instead of Dice, you use a Jenga tower for checks. 1, 2 or 3 blocks per pull. If the tower falls, you die.
0 x
Superman, Tabletop, Video and Pro Wrestling.

Makena

Post by Makena » 19 Nov 2015, 09:54

These sound fun, and Actual Cannibal Shia Le Bouf sounds great, I'm so trying it sometime
0 x

acegiak

Post by acegiak » 19 Nov 2015, 10:40

Jimmy_The_Geek wrote:I am... Facinated by Bubblegum. Have you played Dread? I quite like that one. It's a horror game that works really naturally because instead of Dice, you use a Jenga tower for checks. 1, 2 or 3 blocks per pull. If the tower falls, you die.
I have played dread but I've never run it. Had a lot of fun. Character developed a phobia of bears.

Hadn't thought of the fact that it's a microrpg because the official rules are a little longer but the core rules fit on a page so I guess so!

I feel like a lot of these games are easier to run as a GM if you've played a couple of games like Apocalypse World and other stuff built on it's engine because they teach you a good GMing framework to operate on for other games.
0 x