Fallout 4 - play discussion

Step into someone else's shoes for a while, and live out their experiences all from the comfort of your chair.
LordPorksword

Re: Fallout 4 - play discussion

Post by LordPorksword » 19 Nov 2015, 17:21

I don't have Fallout 4 but I was wondering if your character's standard day is like Geralt's in The Witcher 3. Eg.. Kill monsters by day then swing by the brothels by night. It's this healthy life balance that keeps Geralt strong and in shape!
0 x

Ralph Wiggum

Post by Ralph Wiggum » 19 Nov 2015, 18:05

I've barely scratched the surface in FO4, but I know my character in New Vegas had a few *ahem* visits to the ladies during my down time thanks to some mods.

I'm usually killing during the day, and building my settlements at night. I really, really, really hate fighting ghouls at night time.
0 x
RIP Games.On.Net.

Bicketybam

Post by Bicketybam » 19 Nov 2015, 18:40

Ralph Wiggum wrote:I'm usually killing during the day, and building my settlements at night. I really, really, really hate fighting ghouls at night time.
I've recently just modded my power armors helmet to have a system that highlights all living creatures in this red glow... means fantastic for spotting creatures in the dark in the distance. At first, I really didn't like it but after finding it incredibly useful, I now wish I could get the same option modded into something more portable (goggles) for when I'm not in PA. 8)
0 x

Kendrite

Post by Kendrite » 19 Nov 2015, 20:07

Finally got Fallout 4 but disappointed can't rebind keys to the numpad.

I've downloaded Autohotkey and remapped where applicable but a bit disappointing the numpad was "reserved" by default.

Just need to find some time to play now!
0 x

Werewolph

Post by Werewolph » 20 Nov 2015, 10:10

So after my earlier gripe about only finding T45, last night I found some T45, T51, and T60 power armour! Yay me!
0 x

Aoyaibaba

Post by Aoyaibaba » 21 Nov 2015, 08:02

Do you need to link each settlement to all others or you can just use 1 settlement as a middle point?
Also, can you mod non-human armor type like dog/mutant armor? I found a set of dog armor but it has zero stats and I cant do anything to it
0 x

Darius359au

Post by Darius359au » 21 Nov 2015, 11:09

I "Think" that as long as you can trace a connection to a settlement you should be ok ,I've got multi connections from sanctury and the drive in but only the drive in connects to the castle and It looked like it got stuff form sanctuary when I fixed the walls!
0 x

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 21 Nov 2015, 14:56

Finished. 76 hours, dinged level 44 with final quest reward. Fantastic game. Will keep playing!
0 x
"Me ate truck once." - Cookie Monster
Player Attack! - Diablo 3 Clan Details

Matty

Post by Matty » 21 Nov 2015, 15:03

I found the Vault Tec Guy!
0 x
Matter of fact, I didn't even give you my coat!

Bicketybam

Post by Bicketybam » 21 Nov 2015, 16:03

Mythor wrote:Finished. 76 hours, dinged level 44 with final quest reward. Fantastic game. Will keep playing!
With these games I always do side missions before I even attempt to do main missions. I'm level 47 (it's amazing how much xp you earn just by stripping down and building up weapons and armour) and the closest I've done in the main missions is I know where Virgil is... (which looking at the wiki seems quite far). Image

It certainly doesn't feel like I've done much in the main storyline though.
1 x

Matty

Post by Matty » 21 Nov 2015, 16:21

I only just found Nick Valentine.
0 x

ball0fire

Post by ball0fire » 21 Nov 2015, 16:29

spoilers!!

lol
0 x

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 21 Nov 2015, 16:47

Yeah, I was deliberately not revealing which bits I'd done to get there, nor what my ending was. I think my main time wasting, other than general exploration, was rescuing and defending settlements. Still have a bunch of sidequests on the books.

But I wanted to try an Idiot Savant. It's hilarious so far, but melee weaponry makes Survival difficulty a bit too punishing. :(
0 x

Juice

Post by Juice » 21 Nov 2015, 20:03

I finished the game and I have feelings and emotions I want to express and discuss. But I don't want to spoil he frame for any one.
0 x
I like games, stop by, make fun of my shit some time.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Juicenessify
http://www.twitch.tv/juicedanger

Aoyaibaba

Post by Aoyaibaba » 22 Nov 2015, 01:20

well you can go tinkering around and come back after a month or so, or go play assassin's creed. Man why does all these games always has to come out at a same time.

BTW. I appeared to have a bugged quest, it said defend carrington from raid, but I failed and the quest said I need to report to gravey. But when I talk to him nothing happen, the quest also can't be unselected and doesn't appear on the minimap anymore. Now I can't get gravey to be my companion because of this bug
0 x

Bicketybam

Post by Bicketybam » 22 Nov 2015, 02:13

Aoyaibaba wrote:BTW. I appeared to have a bugged quest, it said defend carrington from raid, but I failed and the quest said I need to report to gravey. But when I talk to him nothing happen, the quest also can't be unselected and doesn't appear on the minimap anymore. Now I can't get gravey to be my companion because of this bug
This not exactly the same thing but the tip may also work for restoring Preston Garvey to full companion status.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/377160/di ... 6913440652
Open console
Select Preston
removefac 00075D56

Faction 00075D56 is apparently some kind of artificial state faction which is used to temporarily block characters from being recruited as companions, like during a quest or something. I think Bethesda forgot to remove him from it after Taking Independence finishes.

Removing him from the faction via console seems to restore full companion functionality. As with everything related to the console, use with caution and make sure to make a separate save before trying.
0 x

Matty

Post by Matty » 22 Nov 2015, 03:28

I win the bug contest.

Was doing Confidence Man and game bugged out when trying to kill enemies in this place, It made a bunch of people essential NPCs including myself. The game thinks I am an essential NPC, I cannot die. When my health goes to zero it just goes right back up to 100. It's really hard to get rid of this bug too, I had to revert to a save before I even got the mission and for some people who accepted the mission at the beginning of the game and never did it they are basically immortal forever now.
0 x

Aoyaibaba

Post by Aoyaibaba » 22 Nov 2015, 05:24

Bicketybam wrote:
Aoyaibaba wrote:BTW. I appeared to have a bugged quest, it said defend carrington from raid, but I failed and the quest said I need to report to gravey. But when I talk to him nothing happen, the quest also can't be unselected and doesn't appear on the minimap anymore. Now I can't get gravey to be my companion because of this bug
This not exactly the same thing but the tip may also work for restoring Preston Garvey to full companion status.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/377160/di ... 6913440652
Open console
Select Preston
removefac 00075D56

Faction 00075D56 is apparently some kind of artificial state faction which is used to temporarily block characters from being recruited as companions, like during a quest or something. I think Bethesda forgot to remove him from it after Taking Independence finishes.

Removing him from the faction via console seems to restore full companion functionality. As with everything related to the console, use with caution and make sure to make a separate save before trying.
Thanks! I'll look into it
0 x

lucassot

Post by lucassot » 22 Nov 2015, 07:32

I'm close to 20 hours in and still yet to go to Diamond City. So many distractions and other things to do! I am really enjoying it and love all the little details but I dislike how they streamlined some RPG elements. And a lot of the PC issues the game has are annoying to deal with at the start but I think I've managed to sort them all out finally :)
0 x

Bicketybam

Post by Bicketybam » 22 Nov 2015, 09:10

Matty wrote:I win the bug contest.

Was doing Confidence Man and game bugged out when trying to kill enemies in this place, It made a bunch of people essential NPCs including myself. The game thinks I am an essential NPC, I cannot die. When my health goes to zero it just goes right back up to 100. It's really hard to get rid of this bug too, I had to revert to a save before I even got the mission and for some people who accepted the mission at the beginning of the game and never did it they are basically immortal forever now.
Seems like a few others are having the same problems, here are some possible fixes

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/commen ... ix_for_pc/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/commen ... g_console/

------------
Bethesda and their bugs - the modders are going to be kept busy fixing all the bugs in this game..

I'm hoping someone comes up with a fix for Thicket Excavations soon, I hate not being able to see where I am walking as I tend to just walk off the edge and crater
0 x

Darius359au

Post by Darius359au » 22 Nov 2015, 12:07

over 100 hours and 3 different alts and only one of thems remotely gone after the main story and that was only after lvl 30...
Unfortunately this games like me and mmorpg's ,I always come up with a new idea for an alt and start a new one - I have a bad case of Altitis :( :lol:
0 x

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 22 Nov 2015, 12:58

Think I have to abandon/retire my first alt, the Idiot Savant. Was trying to play him as a strong melee character but hadn't considered how rough it would be trying to melee sentries. It will probably get easier as I get more armour and more points into the resistance and Life Giver perks.
Can always come back to him after I try a more balanced character built around Science guns!
0 x

Anon. E. Moose

Post by Anon. E. Moose » 23 Nov 2015, 09:55

If you skip the Red Rocket just outside of Sanctuary where you first meet Dogmeat, Nick Valentine later introduces him to you during a main mission.
Edit: Video could be spoilery if you've neglected the main story early on.
0 x

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 23 Nov 2015, 10:15

And if you don't talk to Mama Murphy he remains "Dog" because you don't know his name. Wonder if Nick will say something if you get to him without talking to Mama?
0 x

Bicketybam

Post by Bicketybam » 23 Nov 2015, 11:47

Without a doubt, this is my most powerful and most used weapon. A plasma infused assault rifle. Add to it the full Commando perks, I'm unstoppable. Currently clearing out the wasteland of scum with Paladin Danse! Image
1 x