Fallout 4 - play discussion

Step into someone else's shoes for a while, and live out their experiences all from the comfort of your chair.
Aoyaibaba

Re: Fallout 4 - play discussion

Post by Aoyaibaba » 28 Nov 2015, 22:29

So I finally make it to the end. Have to say it was not the ending that I wanted to happen :( I though things could turn out better, and I could've done to make it better. But apparently I can't break out the path that the game has made :roll: sadly that I couldn't make a choice

btw. Does the minute man have an "ending" also? my quest with the minuteman kinda ended after we got the castle, after that it's just bunch of repeated quests
0 x

Disco

Post by Disco » 29 Nov 2015, 10:31

Killed the Murlock queen this morning which was epic after watching the Brotherhood fight Fatboy carrying super mutants from a safe distance.. really cool to just see the repeated explosions across the city too.

Have added a few mods with helps, but still struggling with ammo at every turn, even the .38 which can go from 400 rounds to 30 on one mission :lol:
0 x
Nekosan wrote:
29 Mar 2018, 00:36
Disco is fkn banned from the flamethrower. :lol:

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 29 Nov 2015, 10:43

If you're on the beta patch and finding your mods are no longer working, I have a solution!

Load the Nexus Mod Manager before Fallout 4 and go to the Plugins tab. Your mods should all be ticked to show they're enabled.
Next, load the Fallout 4 launcher. Give it a few seconds and the Nexus Mod Manager list should untick your mods.
Tick your mods again, then hit play in the Fallout 4 launcher. Tada! Mods working again.

At least, this has worked for me with the Customise Legendary Enemies mod. I see no reason it wouldn't also work with other mods that work in similar fashion. :)
0 x
"Me ate truck once." - Cookie Monster
Player Attack! - Diablo 3 Clan Details

Bicketybam

Post by Bicketybam » 29 Nov 2015, 15:59

Mythor wrote:The very first legendary I got, was still using it at the end of the game. Think I changed all the mods except the drum magazine.
The only downside was that the explosions hurt me if I shot it too close. And the ammo consumption was kind of nuts. :D
I've got that now and I understand why you kept using it... it's just destroys everything in its path. Super Legendary etc Super Mutants are dead in seconds, it just tears through everything. :D
0 x

NotThatDoug

Post by NotThatDoug » 29 Nov 2015, 17:31

Just got Piper shes sassy and I love her but I also love Dogmeat.

Turns out they may have originally planned to have Dogmeat be like the previous games dogs where he doesn't take a companion slot, using the instructions in this you can reactivate that option in the console and do a bunch of other stuff

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/ ... w%3D&pUp=1

I haven't tried 2 companions except Piper/Dogmeat, If you want to go with a companion and dogmeat like I have then you have to have that human(or other) companion you want in your party, go to Dogmeat open the console while he is on screen and enter the following

type: setconsolescopequest followers

then click on dogmeat to select him in the console

type: forcerefintoalias dogmeatcompanion

and finally type: setplayerteammate 1

and boom you are done

I've read comments that using another companion in the Dogmeat slot can lead to your character calling that person Dogmeat still.
0 x
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197970978425]Image[/url]

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 29 Nov 2015, 17:36

There's at least one quest where you take Dogmeat and can take another companion as your main companion, I'd bet that's why the functionality is in there. Nice find!
0 x

NotThatDoug

Post by NotThatDoug » 29 Nov 2015, 23:55

Yeah I figured there must have been something programmed in because just after I took that screen shot we got jumped by a radscorpion and it was going to town on Dogmeat and Piper started to comment, telling Dogmeat to hold on we are coming to help and when he went down saying we will fix him up, then I hit him with a stimpack and got the "Piper liked that" notification in the top left of screen.

also jesus christ Radscopions are even more terrifying than previous games.
0 x
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197970978425]Image[/url]

Ralph Wiggum

Post by Ralph Wiggum » 30 Nov 2015, 17:29

It's a click baity site but this made me lol:

http://fragburn.com/fallout-4-the-ultim ... he-game/2/
0 x
RIP Games.On.Net.

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 30 Nov 2015, 19:18

Ralph Wiggum wrote:It's a click baity site but this made me lol:

http://fragburn.com/fallout-4-the-ultim ... he-game/2/
Some of them are pretty good actually! Tempted to make a Hulk Hogan or Walter White next :)
0 x
"Put the damn gun down, boy. It aint no toy." - Lite

Anon. E. Moose

Post by Anon. E. Moose » 03 Dec 2015, 22:50

Ballistic weave is seriously a must have, this is currently my outfit on Lily, my survival character. She's a tank at lvl 29 with ballistic weave 3 on the army fatigues, giving it base 90/90 DR.
0 x

Ralph Wiggum

Post by Ralph Wiggum » 04 Dec 2015, 10:22

Edit: Buggered post
Last edited by Ralph Wiggum on 04 Dec 2015, 10:23, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
RIP Games.On.Net.

Ralph Wiggum

Post by Ralph Wiggum » 04 Dec 2015, 10:23

Ballistic weave is attained through a Railroad quest right? Note to self: find Railroad :)

I'm 63 hours in and I've only just found Virgil. I feel like I should do more of the story to get the narrative flowing. I assume "freeplay" continues after the game is finished. It'd be crazy not to given the scope of the game. But obviously interactions change in the world once you pick a faction.
0 x
RIP Games.On.Net.

Anon. E. Moose

Post by Anon. E. Moose » 04 Dec 2015, 12:14

Ralph Wiggum wrote:Ballistic weave is attained through a Railroad quest right? Note to self: find Railroad :)

I'm 63 hours in and I've only just found Virgil. I feel like I should do more of the story to get the narrative flowing. I assume "freeplay" continues after the game is finished. It'd be crazy not to given the scope of the game. But obviously interactions change in the world once you pick a faction.
Yeah it's pretty easy to obtain, only takes a couple of missions for the Railroad and you unlock it.
I'll outline in the spoilers below.
After you find the Railroad, do the quests Tradecraft and Boston After Dark, this'll unlock the Mercer Safehouse mission from PAM, complete that and return to PAM for a DIA cache mission. After completing that, talk to Tinker Tom who'll mention the ballistic fiber they found in the DIA cache. Once Tom finishes speaking you should be able to use the ballistic weave mod.
Ballistic Fiber is tied to the Armourer perk, so you unlock higher tiers the higher your perk rank is. If you're running low on ballistic fiber, shipments of it can be bought from K-LE-O in Goodneighbour.
At rank 4, ballistic weave gives a base 110/110 DR, I ended up choosing the dirty army fatigues as it allows me to wear the shadowed combat armour, with the added bonus of looking not half bad and +1STR/AGI.

This post on reddit has a list of things you can apply ballistic weave to and tells you the slots they take up, so you can still wear armour pieces with some of the outfits.
0 x

Aoyaibaba

Post by Aoyaibaba » 04 Dec 2015, 16:24

Anon. E. Moose wrote:Ballistic weave is seriously a must have, this is currently my outfit on Lily, my survival character. She's a tank at lvl 29 with ballistic weave 3 on the army fatigues, giving it base 90/90 DR.
Hmm... I don't remember combat armor has the crotch piece. Does armor in game has varies when you upgrade? or maybe memories don't serve

BTW, sniper reporting for duty :D

0 x

Anon. E. Moose

Post by Anon. E. Moose » 04 Dec 2015, 16:52

It's sturdy combat armour. Combat armour comes in three flavours. Normal, sturdy and heavy.
I bought the set, minus a left leg which I found 5 minutes later, from the general store in Goodneighbour.
0 x

Anon. E. Moose

Post by Anon. E. Moose » 06 Dec 2015, 09:35

Double post.

There's been some reports from reddit that Nexus mods has been compromised, there's been no official word from the site but users have noticed suspicious activity in a couple of mods including Higher Settlement Budget.

Probably best to uninstall the mods that may be affected until we find out more.
0 x

Nekosan

Post by Nekosan » 06 Dec 2015, 22:32

How the hell does radiation damage work? I have a 60ish damage sniper rifle that does 50 extra rad damage and it somehow does DRAMATICALLY less damage than my 60 dmg 10mm pistol does.
0 x
steamcommunity.com/id/krautpants

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 06 Dec 2015, 23:06

Depends what you're shooting. Ghouls won't care about radiation damage, might even heal them!
0 x

Aoyaibaba

Post by Aoyaibaba » 07 Dec 2015, 02:56

Nekosan wrote:How the hell does radiation damage work? I have a 60ish damage sniper rifle that does 50 extra rad damage and it somehow does DRAMATICALLY less damage than my 60 dmg 10mm pistol does.
radiation damage mean the target that get shot will receive rad, just like the normal way you get rad. So like if a you get shot with a 60dmg rad, you will instantly get 60 rad points, the same apply to your enemies (I guess)
0 x

Ralph Wiggum

Post by Ralph Wiggum » 07 Dec 2015, 11:20

I faced some hostile Child of the Atom peeps for the first time last night and they were wasting me with radiation guns, which basically increased my rad levels dramatically. I ran off and plan to head back armed with a hazmat suit to take down the little bastards.
0 x
RIP Games.On.Net.

Yurtles

Post by Yurtles » 07 Dec 2015, 11:23

I was so disappointed the first time I ran into them. Instantly hostile right off the bat, I must have reloaded half a dozen times just to make sure it wasn't something I did. But no, they're just another generic hostile group. God damn it Bethesda.

It would have added a hell of a lot more to the game if they gave them and the Gunners some more depth I think. Something more like the Powder Gangers in New Vegas - essentially raiders, but you could actually interact with them and choose to be with or against them.
0 x
BorisBC wrote:Pro tip - if you have to spew in a car, spew down the (inside) front of your shirt. Trust me, it's a lot easier to clean spew off yourself than the interior of a car.

Ralph Wiggum

Post by Ralph Wiggum » 07 Dec 2015, 11:42

The ones in the Glowing Sea are friendly, kinda sucks how the population outside are hostile. I'm like "but I'm your friend!"
0 x
RIP Games.On.Net.

Bicketybam

Post by Bicketybam » 07 Dec 2015, 12:42

Yurtles wrote:It would have added a hell of a lot more to the game if they gave them and the Gunners some more depth I think. Something more like the Powder Gangers in New Vegas - essentially raiders, but you could actually interact with them and choose to be with or against them.
Yeah, when I met the raiders racing the robots I thought, these guys would be cool to do missions for or at least be neutral too.. but no instantly hostile :(
0 x

Matty

Post by Matty » 07 Dec 2015, 12:49

Nekosan wrote:How the hell does radiation damage work? I have a 60ish damage sniper rifle that does 50 extra rad damage and it somehow does DRAMATICALLY less damage than my 60 dmg 10mm pistol does.
Radiation heals some enemies.
0 x
Matter of fact, I didn't even give you my coat!

Ralph Wiggum

Post by Ralph Wiggum » 07 Dec 2015, 12:58

Bicketybam wrote:
Yurtles wrote:It would have added a hell of a lot more to the game if they gave them and the Gunners some more depth I think. Something more like the Powder Gangers in New Vegas - essentially raiders, but you could actually interact with them and choose to be with or against them.
Yeah, when I met the raiders racing the robots I thought, these guys would be cool to do missions for or at least be neutral too.. but no instantly hostile :(
Actually yeah that was disappointing. Bethesda went through the effort of creating a robot track, and voicing a commentator, but the moment you walk in it all goes to shit.
0 x
RIP Games.On.Net.