Fallout 4 - play discussion

Step into someone else's shoes for a while, and live out their experiences all from the comfort of your chair.
Matty

Re: Fallout 4 - play discussion

Post by Matty » 07 Dec 2015, 17:09

Ralph Wiggum wrote: Actually yeah that was disappointing. Bethesda went through the effort of creating a robot track, and voicing a commentator, but the moment you walk in it all goes to shit.
Just like the combat zone.

FO4 is starting to overstay it's welcome now. After, 112 hours. I'm trying to power though the story but I'm not feeling it as much, I left the main story too long. I did this with skyrim as well.
0 x
Matter of fact, I didn't even give you my coat!

kharis

Post by kharis » 07 Dec 2015, 17:17

yeah i need to just do the main quests get it finished and then piss fart around to my hearts content
0 x

DedZeppelin

Post by DedZeppelin » 07 Dec 2015, 17:47

I'm going to re start and go full stealthy I think. Might be fun.
0 x

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 07 Dec 2015, 18:58

DedZeppelin wrote:I'm going to re start and go full stealthy I think. Might be fun.
/me waves :wave:

Stealthy is going to be my next build I think, enjoying my melee idiot savant build atm though :)
0 x
"Put the damn gun down, boy. It aint no toy." - Lite

Bicketybam

Post by Bicketybam » 08 Dec 2015, 09:16

DedZeppelin wrote:I'm going to re start and go full stealthy I think. Might be fun.
Sathias wrote:/me waves :wave:

Stealthy is going to be my next build I think, enjoying my melee idiot savant build atm though :)
I've got a brilliant tip for you should you choose to be a stealth character. Never, ever, ever, EVER take a companion with you if want to play stealth.

Nothing says stealth like using a berserk needle on a enemy to get their friends fighting them while you watch and having your companion decide they too want to get in on the action basically announcing to the enemy... Hey, we're over here!!!

Also doesn't help when sneaking around and they yell things at the top of their voice...

0 x

Anon. E. Moose

Post by Anon. E. Moose » 08 Dec 2015, 09:50

The Fallout 4 Beta patch from last week is now out officially.
New Features
Number pad keys can now be used for remapping (PC)
Remapping Activate now works on Quick Container (PC)
Fixes
General memory and stability improvements
Performance improvements inside the Corvega Assembly Plant
Optimizations to skinned decal rendering
Fixed issue with player becoming stuck in terminals
Fixed issue where equipped weapons become locked after completing Reunions
Fixed issue with "When Freedom Calls" where the quest would not complete
During "Confidence Man" fixed issue where player's health would continuously regenerate
Fixed crash related to jumping into water and reloading saved games
Fixed issue where Launcher would not save God Rays Quality setting properly (PC)
But...
The patch also adds a new launcher that disables mods on startup, and the .INI edit that previously got around this limitation no longer works. There is a fix, but it's not the most streamlined process ever: You'll need to launch the Nexus Mod Manager, then launch Fallout 4, then switch back to the NMM and re-enable mods, then go back to Fallout 4 and do your thing.
0 x

NotThatDoug

Post by NotThatDoug » 08 Dec 2015, 10:14

Well I don't want to download that...

Just did Confidence Man last night, was so much fun doing just a random silly quest, like others have said I've pretty much abandoned the main story, sorry Shaun, hopefully whoever took you is a good parent
0 x
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197970978425]Image[/url]

DedZeppelin

Post by DedZeppelin » 08 Dec 2015, 10:41

Bicketybam wrote:
Sathias wrote:/me waves :wave:

I've got a brilliant tip for you should you choose to be a stealth character. Never, ever, ever, EVER take a companion with you if want to play stealth.

Nothing says stealth like using a berserk needle on a enemy to get their friends fighting them while you watch and having your companion decide they too want to get in on the action basically announcing to the enemy... Hey, we're over here!!!

Also doesn't help when sneaking around and they yell things at the top of their voice...

Haha, good advice! Cheers :thumbup:
0 x

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 08 Dec 2015, 11:08

Anon. E. Moose wrote:But...
The patch also adds a new launcher that disables mods on startup, and the .INI edit that previously got around this limitation no longer works. There is a fix, but it's not the most streamlined process ever: You'll need to launch the Nexus Mod Manager, then launch Fallout 4, then switch back to the NMM and re-enable mods, then go back to Fallout 4 and do your thing.
That's what I was doing anyway. :D
0 x
"Me ate truck once." - Cookie Monster
Player Attack! - Diablo 3 Clan Details

Bicketybam

Post by Bicketybam » 08 Dec 2015, 12:53

Anon. E. Moose wrote:But...
Which is another reason why I eagerly wait the end of updates from Bethesda, as their stupidity knows no bounds.

I understand why they wouldn't want mods available when they were running the beta patch, as you would want to see how the vanilla game runs with the new patch... but then they just release the beta patch as is, without any editing to it to then enable mods again.

Lazy, they've always been lazy with their programming. Every Fallout/Skyrim game they have released has needed massive unofficial patches to fix all the things they break in the first place.
0 x

Nekosan

Post by Nekosan » 08 Dec 2015, 18:02

Bicketybam wrote: Nothing says stealth like using a berserk needle on a enemy to get their friends fighting them while you watch and having your companion decide they too want to get in on the action basically announcing to the enemy... Hey, we're over here!!!

The best part is telling Dogmeat to hold still and he fooking barks and alerts anyone within 10km.
0 x
steamcommunity.com/id/krautpants

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 08 Dec 2015, 18:12

Never had a problem with Dogmeat alerting people, he'd happily run near them and they'd ignore him. I find leaving him behind is better for getting through doorways without getting blocked. :D
0 x
"Me ate truck once." - Cookie Monster
Player Attack! - Diablo 3 Clan Details

Ralph Wiggum

Post by Ralph Wiggum » 08 Dec 2015, 19:32

Nice to see keypad mapping supported as a leftie gamer. Seriously that shit's not hard to program right?
0 x
RIP Games.On.Net.

Yurtles

Post by Yurtles » 09 Dec 2015, 20:06

Maxed out pickpocketing for something to do. Pretty damn funny taking the legendary items off the enemy, leaving them wandering around naked and just going on your way. I sure do fail a lot for an alleged 90% success chance though :x
0 x
BorisBC wrote:Pro tip - if you have to spew in a car, spew down the (inside) front of your shirt. Trust me, it's a lot easier to clean spew off yourself than the interior of a car.

Nekosan

Post by Nekosan » 10 Dec 2015, 02:08

Has anyone actually seen any sleeping enemies yet?
0 x
steamcommunity.com/id/krautpants

Darius359au

Post by Darius359au » 10 Dec 2015, 08:42

Nekosan wrote:Has anyone actually seen any sleeping enemies yet?
Yep ,shot a few as well :)
0 x

Yurtles

Post by Yurtles » 10 Dec 2015, 20:22

Just got the 100% settlement happiness cheevo with a bug. Map/Pipboy said 1 person, 100% happiness. Fast travelled there to see what the hell was going on. 6 people, 92% happiness as soon as I got there. Meh, I'll take it.
0 x
BorisBC wrote:Pro tip - if you have to spew in a car, spew down the (inside) front of your shirt. Trust me, it's a lot easier to clean spew off yourself than the interior of a car.

storm84

Post by storm84 » 04 Feb 2016, 22:39

Nekosan wrote:The best part is telling Dogmeat to hold still and he fooking barks and alerts anyone within 10km.
Just had Dogmeat find and enemy, and we slowly stalked our way into an area of super mutants.

Our relationship started off so strongly with him finding me a stimpack. It's gone downhill from there.
0 x

jambo

Post by jambo » 01 Mar 2016, 13:15

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/154413 ... 4-updates/

Fallout 4 1.4 Update (All platforms unless otherwise noted)

New Features
Support for add-ons
Additional art customization added to Workshop:
Super Mutant clutter including meat totems, meat bags and meat cart
Raider clutter including raider poles, cages and tents
Abstract and portrait paintings
Variety of new signs
More metal and wood doors variants

Fixes
General stability and performance improvements
During "Getting a Clue" quest, Kellogg's desk will remain a working container
During "Rocket's Red Glare", resolved issue where companions could not be dismissed after completing the quest
Fixed an issue with "Kremvh's Tooth" quest item not spawning properly
Settlements under attack will now display an updated message with the results of the attack if player does not respond
Fixed an issue with screen effects not clearing away properly after using a scope
Fixed an issue with trying to sprint while in third person with a minigun equipped
Rank 4 of Demolition Expert perk now properly increases the area effect of explosives
The Scrounger perk now includes additional common ammo types
Fixed an issue where Calvin Whitaker would disappear in Vault 81
Fixed an issue where Ninja and Sandman perks combined would apply the incorrect damage bonus
Fixed an issue where Rank 3 of Grim Reaper's Sprint did not fill critical meter properly
Fixed an issue with key cards not spawning correctly in Vault 75
Fixed an issue where enemies would stop spawning during "Airship Down"
Being in first person while wearing power armor and quickly switching weapons will no longer cause the Pip-Boy to be stuck
Fixed an issue with the autosave counter getting incorrectly reset
Fixed issue that would cause the Pip-Boy menu to turn invisible while swimming
Fixed an issue where scrapping larger quantities of a single item would inadvertently scrap a legendary item
Fixed issue where exiting workbenches would cause third person to stop working properly
The Scribe can now be assigned consecutive settlements properly
Fixed issue with duplicating scraps shipments
Fixed issue with vendors not properly exchanging caps after several consecutive transactions in a row
Fixed issue with the quicksave and autosave message persisting through loading screens
Fixed an issue where updating to the latest patch would cause Options settings to reset back to default (Xbox One)
Fixed an issue with loading save with a placed object in water, not properly floating
0 x

Anon. E. Moose

Post by Anon. E. Moose » 01 Mar 2016, 14:19

Aw, I thought this update was adding the much needed changes to survival, I guess not.
0 x

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 01 Mar 2016, 15:00

Friend of mine just hit level 50 on his survival no-guns playthrough, which is pretty insane.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
0 x
"Put the damn gun down, boy. It aint no toy." - Lite

jambo

Post by jambo » 01 Mar 2016, 15:06

0 x

korbain

Post by korbain » 01 Mar 2016, 21:54

Haven't played in a while due to the horrible FPS drops in certain area's here n there that annoyed the hell out of me. Played a bit last night, Seems to be running a bit better over all and i've still yet to run into any real issues besides the huge FPS drops.

They've been pumping out patches for it lately which is great, i'm hoping they eventually solve the performance issues completely :( Still love the game regardless :D
0 x

Bicketybam

Post by Bicketybam » 02 Mar 2016, 02:17

korbain wrote:Haven't played in a while due to the horrible FPS drops in certain area's here n there that annoyed the hell out of me. Played a bit last night, Seems to be running a bit better over all and i've still yet to run into any real issues besides the huge FPS drops.

They've been pumping out patches for it lately which is great, i'm hoping they eventually solve the performance issues completely :( Still love the game regardless :D

Get Shadowboost for your game, that may help with the FPS drops : http://www.dev-c.com/fallout4/shadowboost/

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1822/? has links to videos on how to set it up properly.
0 x

korbain

Post by korbain » 02 Mar 2016, 22:26

Awesome ^^ I did read a while back it was happening big time in the city because the game was processing heaps of unnecessary crap. I'll give that mod a go, glad it appears to be a pretty common issue.

Hopefully bethesda themselves can get it properly fixed, not sure how no one noticed this issue. My frames literally go from averaging 75-90 down to like 20, i can ignore it for a bit but after a while or if it happens durinbg combat its pretty annoying.
0 x