Fallout 4 - play discussion

Step into someone else's shoes for a while, and live out their experiences all from the comfort of your chair.
storm84

Re: Fallout 4 - play discussion

Post by storm84 » 09 Mar 2016, 21:51

Decided it was time to start back on the main mission, which for me is traversing the glowing sea. Doing it in a hazmat suit was a mistake. Goddamn legendary radscorpions... not sure if I should go and get some power armour, level up some more, or try to manage with Rad-X / RadAway and my regular armour set.
0 x

Ralph Wiggum

Post by Ralph Wiggum » 17 Mar 2016, 18:44

Trailer for the first DLC: Automatron

Robot Wars anyone? :D

0 x
RIP Games.On.Net.

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 17 Mar 2016, 19:04

Looked to be at least one new player weapon in there as well? Assuming we can't also use any of the weapons the robots can.
Looks like fun, especially if you've got to go around and collect various bits to use, like an even deeper version of the power armour collection.

Probably have to start a new game when it comes out, blank slate to build on again!
0 x
"Me ate truck once." - Cookie Monster
Player Attack! - Diablo 3 Clan Details

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 22 Mar 2016, 13:03

Automatron has shown up in the DLC list and there was a download. But it doesn't seem to be enabled yet. It's in the mod list shown by Nexus Mod Manager though so I'm tempted to use that to enable it and see if anything explodes.

Anyone tried it yet?

[edit]
Okay, it's enabled in-game. And my mods also seem to be enabled, even though they show as disabled in the mod manager. That's a bit weird.

But hey, it's out! Go forth and build robots! :)
0 x

Darius359au

Post by Darius359au » 22 Mar 2016, 21:02

I really need to read stuff ,started a new character for Automatron - turns out it starts at lvl 15 instead of from the start..oh well atleast it wont take long to hit 15.
0 x

Bicketybam

Post by Bicketybam » 23 Mar 2016, 10:57

If you are one of the people where the DLC isn't showing up, here's a way to fix it.

0 x

Anon. E. Moose

Post by Anon. E. Moose » 23 Mar 2016, 11:25

Yesyesyesssss. Been waiting for this overhaul, Survival in FO4 is a bit of a joke.
0 x

Matty

Post by Matty » 23 Mar 2016, 15:45

Anon. E. Moose wrote:Yesyesyesssss. Been waiting for this overhaul, Survival in FO4 is a bit of a joke.
Yes. I might finish it this time.
0 x
Matter of fact, I didn't even give you my coat!

Anon. E. Moose

Post by Anon. E. Moose » 12 Apr 2016, 02:24

Oh, Wasteland Workshop comes out today.

0 x

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 12 Apr 2016, 13:31

Still haven't started Automatron. Or tried the Survival beta. Must find time!
0 x

Ralph Wiggum

Post by Ralph Wiggum » 12 Apr 2016, 14:07

Yeh I've been busy with the Division and the Uncharted series, I've been neglecting my PC :)
0 x
RIP Games.On.Net.

Darius359au

Post by Darius359au » 12 Apr 2016, 14:25

Been kitting out my personal lair at the Red Rocket station with some of the new decorations ,the neon tube letters look good ,need to set up a supply line to the station ,(forgot to do it earlier in the game) ,haven't had a good look at everything But the concrete walls and floors look good though!
0 x

DedZeppelin

Post by DedZeppelin » 17 Apr 2016, 10:13

Mythor wrote:Still haven't started Automatron. Or tried the Survival beta. Must find time!
If you play the Automatron content, start a new character and pick up the quest to start it at lvl 15. I did it on my main guy that well out-levelled the content, and completed it all in an evening. I think it might be more challenging/fun at a lower level. I'll re try it at some stage on a new character.
0 x

Anon. E. Moose

Post by Anon. E. Moose » 29 Apr 2016, 09:55

The Fallout 4 CK as been released into open beta on Steam, as well as the official release of the survival overhaul.
The CK has been in closed beta on Steam for about a week now, there's already quite a few impressive mods over on the Nexus that used the CK and required the beta patch, but today it's available for everyone (that didn't opt into the closed beta).

Notes below:
Fallout 4 1.5 Update Release Notes (Version 1.5.157)

New Features
New Survival difficulty
Survival adds additional challenges including no fast travel, saving only when you sleep, increased lethality, diseases, fatigue, danger and more. See the in-game Help menu for more details.
Characters set to Survival difficulty appear under their own Character Selection filter
Third person camera movement improvements when player is close up against walls and other objects

Fixes
General stability and performance improvements
Fixed rare crash related to reloading a save that relies on Automatron
Fixed issue with the robot workbench camera not moving properly immediately after canceling out of the menu
Fixed issue with perks being repeatedly added when reloading a saved game while in robot workbench
Fixed issue with Ada not properly traveling to an assigned settlement
Robots can now be assigned as settlement vendors
Fixed issue with "Appropriation" where blueprints would not appear properly if the container had already been looted prior to getting the quest
In "The Nuclear Option," entering the Institute using the targeting helmet on Power Armor no longer inadvertently causes the player to go into combat, and become stuck in the Institute
Fixed distance check with Robotics Expert perk
While in Workshop mode, if the Jump button is remapped, the Y or Triangle button can still be used to jump
Fixed issue with "Defend the Castle" where speaking to Ronnie Shaw would not properly complete the quest
During "The Nuclear Option," fast traveling away from the Institute immediately after inserting the relay targeting sequence holotape will no longer block progression
Fixed issue where Workshop placed light bulbs would occasionally not light properly
Fixed occasional flashing issue with entering and exiting Power Armor
Fixed issue where terminals would not work properly after downloading and initializing an Add-On from the Add-Ons menu
0 x

Darius359au

Post by Darius359au » 05 May 2016, 10:31

Far Harbour trailers been released and it goes live may 19

https://bethesda.net/#en/events/game/fa ... /05/04/118
0 x

Anon. E. Moose

Post by Anon. E. Moose » 19 May 2016, 10:09

Far Harbour is out now, 2.3GB update on Steam.

Nice timing as I just finished the Automatron DLC with my new Mechanist inspired character. Might have to wait for some compatibility patches for mods I'm using though.
0 x

nessqn

Post by nessqn » 29 May 2016, 04:30

My settlement at Starlight was getting repeated attacks from Raiders,Synths and Super Mutants.Boosted up the security with Turrets and posted Strong there.The next raid was by a ferocious Deathclaw!I heard Strong getting all excited, shouting and running towards it. Finally happy to get a real fighting...But alas, the deathclaw was blasted into pieces by the turrets before Strong could reach there.He was so much disappointed..still continues with his ranting "So much walking. Want to do more fighting!" :lol:
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 29 May 2016, 10:11

Welcome, ness. Who's strong?
0 x
TS: tms-1.games.on.net Channel: Mellie's Random Games Password: gonmellie

Kendrite

Post by Kendrite » 29 May 2016, 10:42

0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 29 May 2016, 12:26

Wow, survival mode.

Got to the Red Rocket truckstop, cleared out the mole rats, built a bed and decided to sleep until morning because it was 5pm already. Woke up parched and starving. Gotta keep that in mind.

Went to Concord, didn't even make my way through to Preston before dying.

Loving the difficulty level, intimidate as all hell by how much longer this will make an already long game. In my regular playthrough, I haven't even discovered my son yet and that's 30 something hours on PC (same on Xbox with 40+ hours).

So yeah, will be continuing with this for as long as my patience holds.. because by goodness it's a brilliant concept and actually makes me feel a part of the world rather than a series of encounters (because I fast-travel everywhere).

One question though... with food and water, how long can I go without before dying? I died because I was too worried about the impact of the penalties so I rushed into gunfights trying to rely on aim (on a controller no less).
0 x

nessqn

Post by nessqn » 29 May 2016, 22:47

DarkMellie wrote:Welcome, ness. Who's strong?
Thx.. :)

Had read about Strong and went to Trinity Tower to rescue him while i was at level 10 or 12..I had found Super Mutants very intimidating during my initial game and stages and thought that why not a Super Mutant companion.. :mrgreen:
Kendrite wrote:Had to Google him: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Strong
But he proved to be an extremely irritant companion..not a surprise considering his hatred for humans and supermutant superiority complex..got fed up and finally decided to keep him docile at the drive in..
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 30 May 2016, 00:51

Wanted to come in here and enthuse about survival mode, and how I'm level 10 and just set up my supply lines between starlight, abernathy farm and sanctuary, but it's 1am.

Holy shit. Where the hell did 1am come from!
0 x

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 30 May 2016, 07:22

nessqn wrote:But he proved to be an extremely irritant companion..not a surprise considering his hatred for humans and supermutant superiority complex..got fed up and finally decided to keep him docile at the drive in..
Yeah Strong has nowhere near the personality that either of the mutant companions did from 3 or NV... I was a bit disappointed tbh.
DarkMellie wrote:Wanted to come in here and enthuse about survival mode, and how I'm level 10 and just set up my supply lines between starlight, abernathy farm and sanctuary, but it's 1am.
I've gone a loner/stealth build for my Survival playthrough, so I don't have local leader... proving to be a bit annoying haha
0 x
"Put the damn gun down, boy. It aint no toy." - Lite

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 31 May 2016, 00:29

Tore the Corvega factory raiders a new arsehole in a leisurely stroll through there with my Power Armour (all mod B) and Minigun. Then it was about taking hangman's alley amd getting into Diamond City.

Then, because I'm cautiously taking my time, I discovered the Dugout Inn and the quest to improve Travis' confidence! Love the idea, but don't know that I'll like him on the radio anymore.

Settlements are cranked, I've stockpiled a tonne of fresh water and now just need to figure out how to (or if I can) automate food. It's become a lot easier now that I've levelled up. The only problematic enemies at this point are supermutants.

Oh, had to walk past a fatboy and some raider II armour at one point because I could't carry them (and I hate chem addictions).

Such an immersive way to play!
0 x

Anon. E. Moose

Re: RE: Re: Fallout 4 - play discussion

Post by Anon. E. Moose » 31 May 2016, 00:40

DarkMellie wrote:Then, because I'm cautiously taking my time, I discovered the Dugout Inn and the quest to improve Travis' confidence! Love the idea, but don't know that I'll like him on the radio anymore.
Yeah, don't do that quest if you like how Travis is now, he becomes very unlikable and annoying on the radio once you complete it, haha.
DarkMellie wrote:Oh, had to walk past a fatboy and some raider II armour at one point because I could't carry them (and I hate chem addictions).
Cook some grilled ragstag, the +25 carry weight and +150 health is super on handy early game survival.
0 x