Fallout 4 - play discussion

Step into someone else's shoes for a while, and live out their experiences all from the comfort of your chair.
Ralph Wiggum

Re: Fallout 4 - play discussion

Post by Ralph Wiggum » 31 May 2016, 00:48

DarkMellie wrote:Tore the Corvega factory raiders a new arsehole in a leisurely stroll through there with my Power Armour (all mod B) and Minigun.
That was the also first time I stormed a raider hideout with Power Armour and a minigun. It was glorious...reminded me of these scenes from Robocop

There's another scene in Robocop 2 where the Cain robot demolishes a bad guy hideout with his minigun, alas I can't find it on the net.
0 x
RIP Games.On.Net.

nessqn

Post by nessqn » 03 Jun 2016, 23:18

Haven't used the Power Armor at all during the current gameplay...@level 31 now...I have around 23 Fusion Cores in stock :D Guess I'll use it for the Glowing Sea Quest..but it has to wait as I've to reach level 35 to get 4 more perks for Endurance-6 and Rad Resistance...latest news is that i just got addicted to alcohol and it was just one Vodka!..maybe a few drinks few days ago..but addiction?..come on :wtf:
1 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 10 Jun 2016, 15:53

Fusion cores become weirdly ample after a while, but still haven't managed to sell one (as apparently they're good coin but I rarely remember to take them out before they run out).

Did the entire Arcjet mission with Paladin Danse (turning on the rockets with all the Synths around him). Magic haul of goodies, Righteous Authority in hand... dodged a stunted Yao Guai on the way home, but when I tried to farm a herd of Radstag Does, I got killed by a Legendary Radstag. Nope, hadn't saved. Oh well, at least the arc trap didn't catch me the second time through.

Same issue with the Cambridge Lab... completed the area, tried to get the u238 sample from near the glowing one and he one-shot me. Came back, re-cleared, went home, grabbed some power armour, came back and he was wandering the halls, well away from his healing radiation. Anyway, the piece of chest armour you get there was worth it.

Also pretty stoked with my new robot companion, Betty Boop. She's tough, can carry a shitload and moves pretty quickly too.

Level 19, tonnes of water and cooked food, amply supplied settlements and only just visited the Cambridge Police Station to start the BoS questline. Things are going well :D

Some pics;

Hangman's Alley has become my FOB given it's proximity to questlines at this point. Had to build up (the build height cuts out way too soon) and I plonked my Power Armour station and my Robotics station here too. Got the idea for garden beds from watching some walkthroughs. That Power Armour is now all Military C. So hot...

Red Rocket... I was never a fan on my normal playthrough because of its proximity to Sanctuary. Now, given that I can't fast-travel, it was my initial northern base until I moved that down to the Starlight Drive-In...

...although it's a bit messed up that you can (and kind of have to) build stupid shit like this...

And this is my favourite time of day in Fallout 4... clear starry skies, and looking up at one of my favourites pieces of the landscape... the Corvega Factory tower...

0 x
TS: tms-1.games.on.net Channel: Mellie's Random Games Password: gonmellie

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 11 Jun 2016, 10:10

DarkMellie wrote:Did the entire Arcjet mission with Paladin Danse (turning on the rockets with all the Synths around him). Magic haul of goodies, Righteous Authority in hand... dodged a stunted Yao Guai on the way home, but when I tried to farm a herd of Radstag Does, I got killed by a Legendary Radstag. Nope, hadn't saved. Oh well, at least the arc trap didn't catch me the second time through.
Hahaha exact same thing happened to me last night, so frustrating. Except for me I got killed by a Legendary Gunner :(
0 x
"Put the damn gun down, boy. It aint no toy." - Lite

mariamedina

Post by mariamedina » 02 Jul 2016, 21:46

This game is really nice..
0 x

storm84

Post by storm84 » 10 Jul 2016, 17:21

Finally got back into doing the story - think I'm at the fork point where I have to choose between the Institute and one of the other factions.
0 x

Matty

Post by Matty » 10 Jul 2016, 21:36

I chose the institute because I liked my room the best there.
0 x
Matter of fact, I didn't even give you my coat!

storm84

Post by storm84 » 11 Jul 2016, 09:50

Yeah, I think I'll choose them because SCIENCE!
0 x

Darius359au

Post by Darius359au » 11 Jul 2016, 12:30

I was at the starlight drive in when started to hear all this roaring and growling and look what I found fighting each other under the RR bridge to the south :shock:

0 x

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 19 Sep 2016, 18:38

I MADE A THING. :D
Built a large tower at Sanctuary. Pretty happy with how it turned out.

Pondering what I should build next now. Maybe my own version of the Gauntlet from Nuka World. So I can torment raiders. :)
0 x
"Me ate truck once." - Cookie Monster
Player Attack! - Diablo 3 Clan Details

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 19 Sep 2016, 19:34

Wow, awesome work... I didn't even know building half that stuff was possible O_o
0 x

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 19 Sep 2016, 20:38

Sathias wrote:Wow, awesome work... I didn't even know building half that stuff was possible O_o
There's quite a few mods involved, so many good ones adding all kinds of bits and pieces, or repurposing existing models.

Still have room left if people make more stuff... :pray:
0 x

Bicketybam

Post by Bicketybam » 20 Sep 2016, 04:26

You need the (i think it is or was called) Scrap Everything mod and remove the plants growing through the floorboards.
0 x

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 20 Sep 2016, 15:23

There's a couple of mods that let you scrap additional things but they all seem broken in some way or no longer maintained. Not worth the trouble of dealing with them for a couple of scrubby plants.
0 x

Kendrite

Post by Kendrite » 07 Apr 2017, 18:36

What is the consensus regarding the unofficial patch? Should I install it if I'm not having problems with the game so far?
0 x

Ralph Wiggum

Post by Ralph Wiggum » 07 Apr 2017, 20:56

Kendrite wrote:
07 Apr 2017, 18:36
What is the consensus regarding the unofficial patch? Should I install it if I'm not having problems with the game so far?
Well....the rule of thumb is always backup your saves, so if the patch causes things to go pear shaped you won't lose anything. The patch involves a lot of bug fixes and optimisations. It is well endorsed by the community, so it's trustworthy.
0 x
RIP Games.On.Net.

Bicketybam

Post by Bicketybam » 07 Apr 2017, 21:45

Kendrite wrote:
The full changelog for the Unofficial Patch can be found here : https://afkmods.iguanadons.net/Unoffici ... story.html

I always love the unofficial patches as it shows just how lazy the programmers can get at times. The community fixes your games, not the programmers.
0 x

jambo

Post by jambo » 08 Apr 2017, 22:44

I feel like lazy is unfair.

The gaming industry is pretty terrible for worker rights and there are always the famous crunch stories of people hardly leaving the office for the last few weeks before games get sent off for cert.

It's more likely issues that simply couldn't be fixed up in time thanks to the way the process is setup and also the possible delays from more issues arising.

It also helps when your game goes out to the public, because then instead of a single testing department you have hundreds of thousands, or in Fallout 4's case, millions of people finding bugs.

That's not to totally excuse Bethesda. Some of the bugs that have carried over from their previous games are somewhat glaring, and some obvious fixes do often get found. I feel like they'd need to take a couple of years and either move to a new engine or really go through the current one with a fine tooth comb to get past their jank.
0 x

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 09 Apr 2017, 00:38

Kendrite wrote:
What Ralph said. But also, I probably wouldn't install it at all on a game in progress, especially if you're already running a bunch of other mods. If everything's working properly I wouldn't touch it. If you're ready to start over and it doesn't have any known compatibility issues with any of your other mods, do it! :D
0 x

Kendrite

Post by Kendrite » 09 Apr 2017, 07:14

Kendrite wrote:
Well it turns out I can't install it anyway because you need all the DLC (which I don't).

Would have been good to get it but not too stressed because things seem to be running fine without it.

Spoiler
Just met the Brotherhood leader (forget his name) and have cyborg piece of Kellogg's brain to take to read his memories...
0 x

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 09 Apr 2017, 11:05

jambo wrote:
08 Apr 2017, 22:44
I feel like lazy is unfair.

The gaming industry is pretty terrible for worker rights and there are always the famous crunch stories of people hardly leaving the office for the last few weeks before games get sent off for cert.

It's more likely issues that simply couldn't be fixed up in time thanks to the way the process is setup and also the possible delays from more issues arising.

It also helps when your game goes out to the public, because then instead of a single testing department you have hundreds of thousands, or in Fallout 4's case, millions of people finding bugs.

That's not to totally excuse Bethesda. Some of the bugs that have carried over from their previous games are somewhat glaring, and some obvious fixes do often get found. I feel like they'd need to take a couple of years and either move to a new engine or really go through the current one with a fine tooth comb to get past their jank.
This, the "lazy game developers" trope has always bothered me. When I compare the hours game devs work and the abuse they cop for their work, for a relatively small amount of money that each customer pays, it makes me glad I'm a business applications developer.
0 x

Matty

Post by Matty » 17 Apr 2017, 17:21

People are allowed to express opinion if they don't like it, they paid for that right, and it's true Bethesda games have far more bugs and problems than most.
0 x

DedZeppelin

Post by DedZeppelin » 18 Apr 2017, 00:54

Matty wrote:
17 Apr 2017, 17:21
People are allowed to express opinion if they don't like it, they paid for that right, and it's true Bethesda games have far more bugs and problems than most.
I agree with much of what you have said, except for the part about Bethesda games having a proportionally higher number of bugs than other games from other devs. In my experience, EA/Dice Have produced and released the games with the most flaws of any other dev /publisher. Don't get me wrong, I am not bashing them, just forwarding my opinion.
0 x

Matty

Post by Matty » 18 Apr 2017, 19:53

Don't get me wrong, we should be up in arms about EA too.
0 x

Kendrite

Post by Kendrite » 18 Apr 2017, 20:30

Finally finished the main story.

Ended up joining Brotherhood of Steal... Was really hard to choose as all sides were rather unattractive (I think that was on purpose on Bethesda's behalf).

Minute Men were too much maintenance and needy;
Railroad were to disorganised and lacked any long term vision;
Institute were kidnapping and killing people (wife included);
BoS are an arrogant self centered bunch of twats.

Anyway, glad the main story's done - now will just play around for a bit and have some fun for a while. I did forget to get the serum for Virgil from the Institute and when I went back he attacked me and now he's dead..oops.

Have some decent T60 power armour but I hear there is something better so might go looking for that.
0 x