Skyrim Special Edition

Step into someone else's shoes for a while, and live out their experiences all from the comfort of your chair.
Mythor

Skyrim Special Edition

Post by Mythor » 26 Oct 2016, 14:36

First! The preload is now available on Steam and I believe both PS4 and XB1. It's a 9.8GB download on Steam, so plan accordingly. :)

Second! I thought it would be handy to have a thread for discussing what mods people are using, particularly for the two console platforms, but also for PC players to share which mods have been updated for the Special Edition and which still work without updates.

Third! Would love to see some screenshots from everyone, both for my own curiosity and for others to look at if they're undecided on whether to pick it up. XB1/PS4 shots very welcome, please do label appropriately. :)

Fourth! I realise many have already finished the game and the DLC but, just for the first week or so be a little mindful of spoilers. Not going to ask for spoiler cuts or anything like that, just maybe don't blurt out the whole storyline because some will be picking it up for the first time this weekend. I know, crazy, right? :shifty:

Otherwise... hello, my name is Mythor and I am addicted to Skyrim. :wave:
0 x
"Me ate truck once." - Cookie Monster
Player Attack! - Diablo 3 Clan Details

Disco

Re: Skyrim Special Edition

Post by Disco » 26 Oct 2016, 14:56

Hnnnnnk, do want... on Xb1
0 x
Nekosan wrote:
29 Mar 2018, 00:36
Disco is fkn banned from the flamethrower. :lol:

boars

Post by boars » 02 Nov 2016, 22:20

From what I've read there seems to be little reason to get this on pc if you have the normal edition... kind of a bit odd that some features like sounds appear to have gone backwards?
0 x

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 02 Nov 2016, 22:32

The sound thing is a bug that will be fixed, or already has been. Haven't checked which.

It's prettier, a lot more stable and can potentially support more mods thanks to the much higher memory limit. And most people who own the original one should have got it for free, if they had all the DLC or the Legendary Edition.
Probably don't buy it outright for PC just yet though, because the mod support is still trickling in. Other than that I wouldn't really listen to the complainers. :)
0 x
"Me ate truck once." - Cookie Monster
Player Attack! - Diablo 3 Clan Details

boars

Post by boars » 03 Nov 2016, 00:01

Interesting, probably will give it 6 months and see how it's tracking. Thought i had all the DLC but didn't notice anything on my Steam account around Special Edition, maybe I missed it. :)
0 x

Yurtles

Post by Yurtles » 03 Nov 2016, 08:36

It comes up as a separate game to the normal Skyrim, I didn't know I had it until I did a search of my games list for "Skyrim" and found two.
0 x
BorisBC wrote:Pro tip - if you have to spew in a car, spew down the (inside) front of your shirt. Trust me, it's a lot easier to clean spew off yourself than the interior of a car.

Yurtles

Post by Yurtles » 07 Nov 2016, 22:08

Been playing for a few days now. Built up to 31 mods over the course of the weekend. It's been rock solid and just insanely beautiful. Wandering through a forest in the evening with a bit of fog and god rays coming down, some ambient sound all around, it's just something else. I'd post a screenshot, but the ones I took are nothing close to what it's like in motion. Add that to the sheer amount of stuff to do and see... my playthough's going to take a while. Probably won't finish it this time either though, lol.

Really makes me think about Fallout 4 and just how much potential it didn't live up to.
0 x
BorisBC wrote:Pro tip - if you have to spew in a car, spew down the (inside) front of your shirt. Trust me, it's a lot easier to clean spew off yourself than the interior of a car.

boars

Post by boars » 13 Nov 2016, 17:39

Yurtles wrote:It comes up as a separate game to the normal Skyrim, I didn't know I had it until I did a search of my games list for "Skyrim" and found two.
Well I'll be damned.

Thanks for that.
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 17 Jun 2018, 12:30

Making a new thread for every time they release a special edition is just going to get silly so I'm posting it here...

0 x
CherryRed wrote:
02 Dec 2018, 21:33
It'll look amazing shoved up his ass if he doesn't actually learn to play the fucking thing.