Diablo III

Step into someone else's shoes for a while, and live out their experiences all from the comfort of your chair.
Brewr

Re: Diablo III

Post by Brewr » 10 Nov 2015, 22:18

I am getting there man im getting there:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Banf ... o/69320401
0 x
http://postsofpartridge.blogspot.com.au/
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198014333343]Image[/url]

Makena

Post by Makena » 10 Nov 2015, 22:39

Though what Mugsy said is all correct, if you just want to play and have fun, every class is more than capable in solo play, and I'm fairly sure they can all complete the season journey (though some classes will have that a bit harder than others, but still more than possible).

Additionally if someone wants to be power leveled to 70 in Season, give me a yell, takes 15-20 minutes or something at worst
1 x

Nacimota

Post by Nacimota » 10 Nov 2015, 22:43

Yeah they all work fine solo but I still love monk the most. I should jump back on D3 sometime but I feel like I've got everything out of it that I can (without owning RoS).
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 11 Nov 2015, 00:36

Yeah, every class is still fun to play. It really depends on what you want to get out of the gaming... solo: play which ever class you like, multiplayer: if casual, anything goes, but if competitive or high performance, you'll need to make the right builds.

@Nacimota: definitely consider getting RoS (can be found cheap during sales). The extra act is well crafted and adventure mode opens up so much more to do. Though, if you're ever after a hellfire ring or just wanna take on the Infernal Machine event, I'd be more than happy to carry.

@Brewr: enjoy mate. Likewise, once you max out one character and want to get a Hellfire Ring or do the Infernal Machine event just for fun:

http://www.diablowiki.net/Infernal_machine

let me know. I'd probably stand aside at first and let you guys take on the ubers alone since a lvl70 character will likely one shot an uber at lvl60 character's difficulty. I'd be there more so as insurance - lol
1 x
CherryRed wrote:
02 Dec 2018, 21:33
It'll look amazing shoved up his ass if he doesn't actually learn to play the fucking thing.

Jagji56

Post by Jagji56 » 11 Nov 2015, 19:35

Well, if where posting profiles, here is mine. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/TheJ ... o/57952185
0 x
I am The Jagji. The ORIGINAL Jagji. And I am going to reck your shit... by playing for your team, cos I suck at Vida Games. :evil:

Makena

Post by Makena » 11 Nov 2015, 19:37

Mugsy wrote: but if competitive or high performance, you'll need to make the right builds.
Which, if we're honest, starting this late in the season you probably won't really be that competitive in terms of how it's treated for groups. Most guilds/communities are now wanting to speedrun 65-70+ from what I've seen, which unless you get your paragon up, you won't be considered for. There might be exceptions to this, but I think it's the wrong way to sell D3.

Not saying that's not where players will end up if they get into it, but I think it's the wrong place to start to enjoy the game.
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 14 Nov 2015, 21:45

I've been reviewing PTR patch notes as well as doing some testing on the PTR lately.

Patch 2.4 is gonna be interesting for variety indeed. So many more options.

I'm still annoyed that there's no way to unlock stash tabs in NS play. I've also come to the conclusion that if another expansion is released and we see a level increase, all current gear will end up redundant so rather spending my time managing gear for my 6 classes and keeping all classes end game viable, I'm going to focus future game time on unlocking stash space even if it means doing it all of next year. Hopefully, it's only at most 30hrs of game time required per season so I can do it over the course of a few weeks and not have to do intense gaming sessions.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:
It'll look amazing shoved up his ass if he doesn't actually learn to play the fucking thing.

Brewr

Post by Brewr » 15 Nov 2015, 18:03

Well its a lot more engrossing then I would of thought the story... the game is so much more polished than Torchlight, thats Blizzard for you I guess. Even though I am playing it with my mouse in one hand and holding my cup of tea in the other; I actually kinda like this casualness its different from anything I have ever played before. I truly enjoy the "Story Mode" to "Hard mode" I just find that increasing difficulty most of the time just shows a games flaws, makes things tedious. I like a challenge dont get me wrong I just oh idk where I am going with this anymore.

I am enjoying Diablo III thats what counts. If only I had better internet, cant BELIEVE there is lag in my single player Hack'n'Slash just I mean not even local servers... (I am currently trying to move house in the search for better internet).
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 15 Nov 2015, 21:50

Yeah, I played through the singleplayer campaign more than 10 times in vanilla (back when we had to beat each difficulty to unlock the next difficulty up). On the lower difficulties, it's quite enjoyable running around, searching for lore books and actually exploring. That's something I miss in end game since everyone is going for efficiency.

I actually got two Monks to max level via playing the campaign but the second one used a Hellfire ring which was a lvl60 item but without the level requirement... using it on a level 1 character was pretty much god mode. The xp bonus was also nice too... got to max level a lot faster.

The lag in a campaign does suck... are you playing on the Americas region? You should be automatically using the AU server this way. What's the ping in game?
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Brewr

Post by Brewr » 15 Nov 2015, 22:15

Mugsy wrote:The lag in a campaign does suck... are you playing on the Americas region? You should be automatically using the AU server this way. What's the ping in game?
Well thats embarrassing if I am using the AU server and still having issues with lag (200 - 300 ms) my internet is so bad it actually disconnects though sometimes. I am in student accommodation so there is nothing I can really do to change my circumstance other than moving out. TY for your concern but there is really nothing I can do about it.
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 15 Nov 2015, 22:27

Try manually connecting to the AU server just to be sure. Official instructions on how to do this below:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12372787193

That ping is looking like it could be connecting to the US.

I can empathise with your situation mate. I'll be house sitting for my bro soon and his internet is flakey at best atm. I can only hope the issue at worse is high pings in D3... last time he played the game, he kept getting DCed. Not good when trying to do Greater Rifts and fighting against the clock.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Brewr

Post by Brewr » 16 Nov 2015, 00:09

Mugsy wrote:Try manually connecting to the AU server just to be sure. Official instructions on how to do this below
Yeep thanks dude but it aint working my intnernet is just epic fail I bet its probably TPG or something too.
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 16 Nov 2015, 00:12

Well, at least we know if the the internet connection. That sucks mate.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

vcatkiller

Post by vcatkiller » 17 Nov 2015, 14:49

Just been buzzing around as a Witch Doctor. Makes me wish I actually selected one from the very beginning, running around hurling jars of spiders and frying enemies with flamebats has been a dream of mine for a long time...also I'm kind of interested to see what sort of other fun goodies are unlocked later. :D

EDIT: I must amend myself here, by saying exploding frogs must be the most awe-inspiring weapon of all time. ALL TIME!
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 17 Nov 2015, 23:59

Enjoy the Witch Doctor mate. It looks like a goofy build at first but it's a well thought out pet/caster class and WDs have always had some funky voodoo masks and ceremonial knives with game changing mechanics.

Wait till you get the new Wall of Death skill... love the firewall rune!
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

vcatkiller

Post by vcatkiller » 18 Nov 2015, 00:15

Mugsy wrote:Enjoy the Witch Doctor mate. It looks like a goofy build at first but it's a well thought out pet/caster class and WDs have always had some funky voodoo masks and ceremonial knives with game changing mechanics.

Wait till you get the new Wall of Death skill... love the firewall rune!
I'm betting it'll be a fun class as the game continues. I've always loved playing the classes that get summoned pets to work with so I'm not sure why I didn't go Witch Doctor to begin with... *shrug*
0 x

jambo

Post by jambo » 18 Nov 2015, 10:23

I've taken a Barb, Demon Hunter, Crusader and Witch Doctor to 70, but I've never even touched the Monk.

Hoping to rectify that soon, though I'm not sure which platform to play on.

I got RoS on XBone when my son was born and I ended up playing a LOT of hours. Awesome version of the game. Only downside is the lack of normal PC friends and all the hacking means it's a solo experience.
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 29 Nov 2015, 11:47

If it's the campaign you want to play, either platform works. But if you want to get into end game, then definitely PC.

For anyone who has issues RE the somewhat high requirements for casuals to unlock the 7th to 10th stash tabs, head here and up vote:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/19974497763
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 30 Nov 2015, 23:53

Requirements to get the extra stash tabs for anyone wondering:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/20043654667
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 12 Dec 2015, 11:01

If anyone plays zdps classes, the Blind Healer Monk looks to be the zdps class of choice in patch 2.4...

https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comment ... _patch_24/

0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Brewr

Post by Brewr » 13 Dec 2015, 21:24

Um I finished the game and got into Adventure Mode but cant be assed I mean all I am doing is going through the campaign again or am I missing something... Have picked up Devillian anywayse its gud.
0 x

jambo

Post by jambo » 13 Dec 2015, 23:11

Adventure Mode just allows you to jump around and not have to worry about the story.

Rifts are the real fun.
1 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 13 Dec 2015, 23:30

Brewr wrote:Um I finished the game and got into Adventure Mode but cant be assed I mean all I am doing is going through the campaign again or am I missing something.
No, adventure mode isn't for going through the campaign again.

It's basically an opportunity for players to properly max out their characters and test their might against more difficult situations... the end game in the Diablo series. That's not only to get to level 70 but to also gear up accordingly. You do this by either farming for gear in the process of slaying monsters, gambling using Blood Shards, or if you have the crafting materials, upgrading rare items.

When it comes to tackling higher difficulties, you'll see a obelisk in town that can open up Rifts and Greater Rifts. The former is set to the difficulty you've set the game at and is untimed. The Greater Rifts, however, works on a different scale and have a 15min time limit to slay enough enemies and then kill the boss at the end. Torment 10 difficulty is equivalent to Greater Rift level 45. Leaderboards currently have players able to do GR70+ which should help put into perspective the purpose of the mode.

Basically, if you're looking for story, there's no more to be found. But if you're looking for an opportunity to further develop your character and to get into some multiplay with other players who want to see how high they can push their characters or how efficiently they can slay monsters, adventure is the place to do it.
1 x
CherryRed wrote:

Makena

Post by Makena » 16 Dec 2015, 10:16

Guess I'll start playing again in January :lol:

Season 4 will be ending at the following dates and times for each region:
  • North America: Wednesday, December 30 @ 5:00 p.m. PST
  • Europe: Wednesday, December 30 @ 5:00 p.m. CEST
  • Asia: Wednesday, December 30 @ 5:00 p.m. KST
Season 5 will be starting about two weeks afterwards at the following dates and times for each region:
  • North America: Friday, January 15 @ 5:00 p.m. PST
  • Europe: Friday, January 15 @ 5:00 p.m. CEST
  • Asia: Friday, January 15 @ 5:00 p.m. KST
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 16 Dec 2015, 10:55

Hopefully the patch hits first week of Jan. Need that extra space to clean up my stash as well as see what items have been truly superseded with a new more powerful version.
0 x
CherryRed wrote: