Elite: Dangerous

A place for all the city-builders, world-creators, transport managers, block-arrangers and intergalactic explorers.
Mini

Re: Elite: Dangerous

Post by Mini » 18 Feb 2016, 09:24

Lashed out last night and bought the Vulture...
HOLY CRAP... This thing turns on a dime, was able to take out a Cobra even though I had zero shields when he started attacking me, mainly due to being able to get behind him and keep behind him.

Although taking on the Dropship may not have been mine and Mooses best plan... both of us almost died in that fight...
Can't wait to take it out again to kill some more things, just need to start upgrading all it's internals now...
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Anon. E. Moose

Post by Anon. E. Moose » 18 Feb 2016, 09:53

Mini wrote:Although taking on the Dropship may not have been mine and Mooses best plan... both of us almost died in that fight...
The Fed Dropships last night were something different. One I was fighting before Mini showed up decided to ram me twice at full speed, causing me to die and lose 6mil from insurance.

That Dropship we fought together later on was just tough as nails, it got me down to 24% before I decided it was a really good idea to run away.
It wasn't until I got back to the station that I realised I only have 2mil left in the kitty, nowhere near enough to afford losing another Clipper. I was 24% away from being in a Sidewinder again.
Needless to say I wont be flying my Clipper again until I can fill my wallet back up. I've also let Burt Reynolds down as there's no way I'm going to be able to haul the 700 tonnes of fortifications I need to reach rank 4 within ALD.
0 x

NotThatDoug

Post by NotThatDoug » 18 Feb 2016, 10:37

Anon. E. Moose wrote:I've also let Burt Reynolds down as there's no way I'm going to be able to haul the 700 tonnes of fortifications I need to reach rank 4 within ALD.
1 x
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197970978425]Image[/url]

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 18 Feb 2016, 12:29

Damn, Moose, that was close with the insurance!

I am so sick of AI interdictions... particularly an AI wing last night that got me down to 6% hull and I was carrying 1.3M in bounties I had to turn in!

I really don't understand Power tiers either. Days after the turnover I finally hit Tier 2, and it now shows me as having 65 merits. So I farmed up to 111, but that's only added 46 for this week, so I think next week I drop to 46 merits and have to farm 54 to stay on Tier 2 and then whatever else to get to the next tier?

Confused. Bloody good fun though, still aren't even close to tired of bounty hunting.
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 18 Feb 2016, 13:19

I don't understand merits at all... or how you get them... I really should look into some of this stuff I guess...
0 x

uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Mini

Post by Mini » 18 Feb 2016, 22:14

Wow... this Vulture is awesome... and tonight went damn well...

Went to the low res sites, as I'm on my own and didn't want to die... couldn't find a wanted person at either low res site.
So went to the high res site. Managed to make 1 million credits in bounties that all counted towards the CG. Boosting me from 70% to 40%, doubling the money I will get. Hopefully I stay in it now, only a few hours until it finishes.

Managed to help kill 2 Anaconda's, 3 Pythons, and various Asp Explorers, along with a few smaller ships.
One of the Pythons I managed to completely kill on my own, never let him turn around and shoot at me, just sat in his blind spot behind his engines slowly killing him.
0 x

uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Mini

Post by Mini » 19 Feb 2016, 08:57

Triple Post... Oops....

2 new CG's have started today, and doesn't look like I will be taking part in either sadly.
  • Free the Salves
    Station: D'Arrest Station
    System: Uibuth
    Activity: Earn Rewards by delivering any type of Slave
    Deadline: Feb 25, 3302
  • The search for survivors
    Station: Leoniceno Orbital
    System: Azaleach
    Activity: Earn Rewards by delivering Escape Pods
    Deadline: Feb 25, 3302
Think I might continue bounty hunting, maybe try to do some conflict zones.
Or learn how to rank up with a group is done, so I can buy some of their nice ships...
0 x

uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 19 Feb 2016, 09:48

The ones that pull me out of Empire space are a pain in the bum!

Might spend my week focusing on Merits so I can unlock better bounty hunting bonuses. But then maybe do some hunting anyway so I can afford ships with larger cargo space.
0 x

Anon. E. Moose

Post by Anon. E. Moose » 19 Feb 2016, 10:29

On paper the "Free the Slaves" CG sounded incredibly profitable, and then after the first few thousand tonnes were delivered the prices at the station started to plummet, cmdrs are even reporting a net loss of ~20CR/tonne depending on where the slaves came from.

Re: confusion of merits, merits decay at a rate of 1/2 per week and are added to your new cycle, so if you earned 800 merits in week 1, in week 2 you'll start with 400 merits, meaning you only need 350 more merits for that week to maintain rank 3 (Which requires 750 merits)
Each week they continue to halve, until week 5 when they've decayed completely and disappear from your tally.

e.g the table below shows how many merits you'll have over 5 weeks if you only farmed 800 merits in week 1
Week 1 800 merits
Week 2 400 merits
Week 3 200 merits
Week 4 100 merits
Week 5 0 merits

So, in practical terms:
For ranking 5 (10k merits), you need to grind 5333.3 merits each week
For ranking 4 (1.5k merits), you need to grind 800 merits each week
For ranking 3 (750 merits), you need to grind 400 merits each week
For ranking 2 (150 merits), you need to grind 80 merits each week
For ranking 1 (0 merits), you are free to enjoy the game as you want

Or in terms of things to do in the game, rank 5 requires 355 kills (5334 / 15 merits, what each PP target is worth) p/w, or 5334 tonnes of fortifications (Which costs roughly 50mil cr without free allocations)

Edit: More info and spelling
Last edited by Anon. E. Moose on 19 Feb 2016, 10:42, edited 7 times in total.
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 19 Feb 2016, 10:35

Thanks Moose, I thought it was something like that. Makes the grind a little bit easier.
0 x

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 19 Feb 2016, 12:02

What is the best way of locating kill targets which earn rep for your faction?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
0 x
"Put the damn gun down, boy. It aint no toy." - Lite

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 19 Feb 2016, 12:05

By rep do you mean merits? If so;

Killing Hostile agents
Killing foreign diplomats and their cadre is a relatively effective method for earning merits. You will be awarded 30 merits per kill. In order to utilize this method you must go to hostile territory and either sit at the navigational beacon or interdict ships as they fly by you, which is more effective. You will be looking for ships with names along the lines of Utopian overseer, Federal Logistics, Imperial Agent, Federal Agent, Alliance Enforcer, etc. Most likely any ship aligned with one of the powers in its name that is not System Defence Force or allied with your overall faction. As with combat against players you will lose merit if you attack and kill allies.

0 x

NotThatDoug

Post by NotThatDoug » 19 Feb 2016, 14:10

I didn't realize that if you only had standalone Elite Horizons steam would remove it and I'd have to download the newly added to my Library Elite Dangerous with the Horizons DLC... I got the day off and all I'm doing is dicking around online when I could be going pew pew in space.
0 x

NotThatDoug

Post by NotThatDoug » 19 Feb 2016, 22:19

got a 200k mission to take some Imperial slaves to some station, got the slaves, got to the system the station was in and it wasn't there, checked every planet and then did a google search apparently its been an issue for other people as well. Waste of an afternoon, I found a close by system to unload the slaves for a profit and now I'm back to doing trading
0 x

Anon. E. Moose

Post by Anon. E. Moose » 20 Feb 2016, 11:06

50 ships jumping out of Sag A* as part of the Distant Worlds expedition.

Edit: Just noticed the ship that jumps the completely wrong direction. :lol:

There's a pilots video too.

This. This is why I play Elite.
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 21 Feb 2016, 16:10

Nice vids Moose.
I'm loving my Vulture... being able to take on a Python or Anaconda and have a chance in a much smaller ship is great fun. Just have to stay in there blind spots.

Slowly increasing my rank % with the federation, I'm about 70% of the way to first rank. Very slow process, but by the time I get the right rank I may be able to afford a dropship.
Plans are to get a Type 6 transporter to go with the Vulture, need something to do some missions in that require transporting goods.
And well they are nice and cheap and gives a LOT of cargo space. Just means I will be running from any attack, so the biggest shields possible will be added on.
Something like this
0 x

uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

NotThatDoug

Post by NotThatDoug » 24 Feb 2016, 12:00

Mini wrote:Plans are to get a Type 6 transporter to go with the Vulture, need something to do some missions in that require transporting goods.
And well they are nice and cheap and gives a LOT of cargo space. Just means I will be running from any attack, so the biggest shields possible will be added on.
I Had just a perfect run of high paying smuggler missions last night, combined with some good trade routes I ended up with enough to sell my fully decked out cobra and get a type 6 transporter and fully upgrade my cargo racks and whack a bigger power generator and friendship drive (its what I hear evertime the computer says 'frameshift drive charging') and about 700K to spare probably should put some better shields on it as well

I'll probably have to go legit now seeing as I'm a lot slower but I've also got like triple to cargo space now so I should be able to make some solid bank, once I've got enough I might buy another cobra and deck it out as a proper smuggler ship.

Been basing myself out of Nanomam which is the HQ for one of the federation guys, will probably pledge allegiance to him at some point....
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 24 Feb 2016, 13:14

I might have to have a look at where that is... I'm going to add an FSD interdictor onto my Vulture tonight I think... then start trying to do some missions to see if I can get a rank up with the Feds... sitting at 76% Rank currently, (and 100% Allied)... I will probably have a problem if I go into Empire space, but currently happy in my Fed space.

Still haven't bought the transport, have thrown more money into the Vulture though, can take out Pythons on my own now, and if I fly it correctly, he never gets a shot... Also managed to take out an Imperial Cutter the other night, that was a much harder fight, managed to kill his power supply though, and then he was a sitting duck :D
0 x

uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Anon. E. Moose

Post by Anon. E. Moose » 25 Feb 2016, 09:48

I finally have enough merits to reach PP rank 4 within ALD, if I can maintain this rank that's a lovely 5mil paycheck every week, with the added bonus to bounty payouts I should be able to pull in some decent cr/hour at res sites and waste more money building to rank 5. Gimme that 50mil paycheck!
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 25 Feb 2016, 22:50

Did my first interdiction tonight as part of a mission, which when added to some aid that I paid a station, got me to 100% for first rank of Federation.
All of the missions either required higher ranks in skills (Combat or Trading or Exploration) or cargo space... So I went and bought a Type 6 to do some transporting with.

Did the mission to rank up and I am now at rank 1 (Rookie) with the Federation...
Now to keep going so that I can buy the Dropship...
1 x

uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Mini

Post by Mini » 26 Feb 2016, 12:39

Looks like a long trek across to LHS 3447 for me to do some metal trading for the CG...
Keeps me in Federation space, so I am happy with that, also for anyone newer to the game that hasn't ventured too far yet, this should be a good one to join in with.

2 other CG's going as well.
- Clean up Orulas: Combat the Criminals (Combat Bonds from within the Nespeleve system)
- Orulas Rescue Operation (Salvage in Nespeleve system)
0 x

uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 26 Feb 2016, 12:50

Is Nespeleve in Empire space by any chance? The last two CG's I looked at were both in Federation and I hate those guys (because I keep getting attacked). Also, if I leave, I lose my bounty bonuses which is lucrative af.
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 26 Feb 2016, 13:02

As far as I can tell it is in Independent space.
I'm enjoying the fed ones, because I'm attempting to rank up with them... I want those damn fed ships...
0 x

uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Anon. E. Moose

Post by Anon. E. Moose » 26 Feb 2016, 13:10

I'm just about to jump in my Python and head out to LHS 3447, I hope it's not too far from Kamadhenu.

Edit: Ugh, a 109kLs trip to Worlidge Terminal once inside the system? Kill me now.
Edit #2: Next week there's going to be a one-day-only exploration CG.
*Single Day CG** Going live on the 29th Feb 3302*
The Day That Should Not Be:
Jones Estate, Groombridge 34 system - Deliver Cartographic Data to Jones Estate in Groombridge 34 to help prove the crazy theories of Ricardo Bentonio.
https://community.elitedangerous.com/communitygoals
Looks like I'll be selling hundreds of pages of data next Tuesday.

Edit #3: This trading CG is going to fill up my kitty very nicely. I'm making 4061cr/tonne profit haulling Palladium from Bacon Port in Gliese 868 to Worlidge Terminal in LHS 3447, with 276 tonnes of cargo space in my Python that's a very nice 1,120,836cr profit every run, which probably takes about 20 minutes.
552 tonnes put me in the top 40%.
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 26 Feb 2016, 21:30

Thanks Moose for the trip to take...
Also that trip across is ridiculous... I got slightly bored on the 100k trip out to the terminal...
0 x

uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord