Euro Truck Simulator 2

A place for all the city-builders, world-creators, transport managers, block-arrangers and intergalactic explorers.
GamingKen

Euro Truck Simulator 2

Post by GamingKen » 08 Jan 2016, 18:35

I'm looking at putting some time into this and building up my business, as I have never stuck at it for very long, but I was wondering if anyone can recommend any "must have" mods for the game, as I believe it has quite large modding community. I did just see an AI traffic mod that replaces the AI vehicles with cars from GTA IV which I thought would be kind of cool for a laugh! Keen to know if there is anything I should look for!
0 x

Matty

Re: Euro Truck Simulator 2

Post by Matty » 08 Jan 2016, 18:41

I know there was a mod to make an Aus map version complete with new businesses but I'm not sure if it's still in development. American Truck Simulator is about a month off of release, FWIW.

EDIT: Here it is. http://oztrucksim.com/ Last update Nov 2014 :(
0 x
Matter of fact, I didn't even give you my coat!

GamingKen

Post by GamingKen » 08 Jan 2016, 18:53

Ooo an Aussie map? Cheers, I will check that out! Also, I didn't even know about AMTS. That should be interesting!

EDI - Oh, I was hoping there might even be a test version of the Aussie map. Well, maybe oneday.
0 x

Disco

Post by Disco » 08 Jan 2016, 19:51

Matty wrote:I know there was a mod to make an Aus map version complete with new businesses but I'm not sure if it's still in development. American Truck Simulator is about a month off of release, FWIW.

EDIT: Here it is. http://oztrucksim.com/ Last update Nov 2014 :(
Yeah Oz Trucks died in the ass IIRC.. I didn't know that an American one was coming out though, hell yeah!
0 x
Nekosan wrote:
29 Mar 2018, 00:36
Disco is fkn banned from the flamethrower. :lol:

Matty

Post by Matty » 08 Jan 2016, 20:47

It looks good from the videos. Seems the cities are a bit bigger.
0 x
Matter of fact, I didn't even give you my coat!

Mini

Post by Mini » 09 Jan 2016, 19:59

The cities in euro truck sim were a bit of a letdown really. I need to get back into it, but ED is taking so much if my time.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Disco

Post by Disco » 09 Jan 2016, 20:06

The one thing that gave me the shits about this game was that because I don't have a dedicated rig, setting up my wheel and pedals and then packing them away was always a massive pain in the ass
0 x
Nekosan wrote:

GamingKen

Post by GamingKen » 09 Jan 2016, 21:50

Disco wrote:The one thing that gave me the shits about this game was that because I don't have a dedicated rig, setting up my wheel and pedals and then packing them away was always a massive pain in the ass
I always found that with my wheel too, with all the sim racing stuff I did. It was often more trouble than it was worth and my goal still is to set myself up with a "man-cave" that has a dedicated computer and a cockpit setup fpr racing/driving/flying games. At the moment though I am just planning on making the most of ETS2 again with my gamepad, as I've hooked up to the TV permanently (and I don't currently have a wheel.)
0 x

Disco

Post by Disco » 09 Jan 2016, 22:01

Mearehear wrote:
Disco wrote:The one thing that gave me the shits about this game was that because I don't have a dedicated rig, setting up my wheel and pedals and then packing them away was always a massive pain in the ass
I always found that with my wheel too, with all the sim racing stuff I did. It was often more trouble than it was worth and my goal still is to set myself up with a "man-cave" that has a dedicated computer and a cockpit setup fpr racing/driving/flying games. At the moment though I am just planning on making the most of ETS2 again with my gamepad, as I've hooked up to the TV permanently (and I don't currently have a wheel.)
I have a Logitech GT something or other.. if you want to buy it off me :lol:
0 x
Nekosan wrote:

GamingKen

Post by GamingKen » 09 Jan 2016, 22:10

Ha! That is what I had before, a DFGT. It did me great for many years and saw hundreds of hours of use (if not 1000+)! I'm planning to step up to the new Logitech G29 for my next wheel though, it looks sexy! :D
0 x

GamingKen

Post by GamingKen » 10 Jan 2016, 13:12

Spent a fair while last night creating a Controller Companion profile for this so that I can play it from the couch easily, without the need for a keyboard and mouse. Worked out well and managed to get all of the major controls on the gamepad in a way that allows more than the game can do (CC allows you to use the BACK button as like a shift key,which gives you a second control option on all of your gamepads buttons). Playing this from the couch with the truck radio tuned into the BBC was completely awesome!
0 x

Thorny

Post by Thorny » 13 Jan 2016, 03:09

Kenworth mod I installed from one of the mod sites, quite enjoy driving this truck, although looking forward to the mack titan I added as well, just the truck it replaced is unlocked at level 12 or 24 i can't remember off the top of my head.
0 x

GamingKen

Post by GamingKen » 13 Jan 2016, 17:26

Thorny wrote:Kenworth mod I installed from one of the mod sites, quite enjoy driving this truck, although looking forward to the mack titan I added as well, just the truck it replaced is unlocked at level 12 or 24 i can't remember off the top of my head.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/z7sOMKW.png[img]
That looks fantastic! I've just started my career from scratch and after a few jobs purchased my first truck (a Mercedes). I think once I have built up things a bit and got myself established I might then look at a few mods like this truck.

Still amazed at how much the radio keeps me playing. I've found I love listening to the BBC Radio 4 (I think) and it has a lot of talk back and discussion. I even listened to a really cool radio play the last time I was doing a few jobs. It just adds to the immersion and enjoyment so much!
0 x

CherryRed

Post by CherryRed » 14 Jan 2016, 14:33

Just dropping in to cross-check that Disco didn't post any photos of me playing Euro Truck Simulator in this thread :lol:
0 x
Mugsy wrote:
09 Oct 2018, 21:26
I was raised to not do things I wouldn't want done to myself. And that's why anal sex is off the agenda.

GamingKen

Post by GamingKen » 14 Jan 2016, 15:02

Photos? Are they hilarious photos? :lol:
Disco wrote:Ding Ding - Paging Mr Disco
Get yourself in here and post some pictures :P :auto-driving:
0 x

CherryRed

Post by CherryRed » 14 Jan 2016, 15:45

Nah, not hilarious, more like horrendous... middle of winter, been drinking, no makeup, wearing a hat for the track IR thingy, looking like a slob basically... but I was having fun :lol: and no, he's not allowed to share :)
0 x
Mugsy wrote:
09 Oct 2018, 21:26
I was raised to not do things I wouldn't want done to myself. And that's why anal sex is off the agenda.

GamingKen

Post by GamingKen » 14 Jan 2016, 16:30

CherryRed wrote:looking like a slob basically...
Looking like a true trucker you mean? :mrgreen: Sounds hilarious!

I got hooked into driving longer than I intended last night due to radio plays on BBC Radio 4 again... :roll: :shock:
0 x

Darius359au

Post by Darius359au » 01 Feb 2016, 19:36

Couple of days and American Truck Simulator gets released ,looking forward to it ,but I'll miss my Scania..
0 x

Disco

Post by Disco » 01 Feb 2016, 19:43

Yeah 'm pretty excited!
0 x
Nekosan wrote:

Vital-Blurs

Post by Vital-Blurs » 03 Feb 2016, 16:02

Well, I played some American Truck Sim for about an hour this afternoon and I can confirm that it's almost identical to ETS2 in every way, which is good. A couple of differences that I've noticed so far is; you now choose from 3 'parking difficulty' options everytime you enter a yard to make a drop. Easy, hard, or no parking at all. You also get asked to stop in at weigh-stations now and then. A bit like toll-gates in ETS2 I guess. Something I haven't seen in ATS yet.

Apart from that, the American theme makes for a nice change of scenery. There are some interesting intersections to navigate and some seriously undulating roads out in the desert. It's cool seeing plenty of classic yank tanks like the '59 Cadillac cruising around. I'd say there are generaly more cars parked about the place too, especially in towns. Police cars are a nice touch, but they could've gone a bit further with it, really.

One gripe.....the map is a bit smaller than I expected. I wasn't expecting a Euro Truck Sim sized playing area, but I only did about 3 or 4 very short distance jobs in that hour and I've already explored 7% of the map. I hope it's something that ATS will be focusing on (apparently there is a free DLC coming soon that adds Arizona, so that's a good start)

Zoomed all the way out, that's the whole map.
0 x