What's in your console(s) right now?

...you guessed it. Any posts that don't fit in the other categories - or any discussions about gaming hardware (including Steam Machines!) - should go in here.
DarkMellie

Re: What's in your console(s) right now?

Post by DarkMellie » 07 Nov 2015, 01:13

Huge rotation on XBL right now, it's currently my main platform. Halo 5, Destiny, BF4, Unity, Syndicate, Minecraft, Elder Scrolls Online, Witcher 3, WRC5, Forza 6, Batman... and next week, Fallout 4.

It's a tough life :D
0 x

NotThatDoug

Post by NotThatDoug » 07 Nov 2015, 01:59

A mate of mine has been sharing his Forza 6 footage with me... god damn it looks so great.
0 x
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197970978425]Image[/url]

acegiak

Post by acegiak » 07 Nov 2015, 09:42

dotarray wrote:*cough* XOne has Rise of the Tomb Raider in it (well, virtually). Just sayin'. And it's pretty fantastic, so far!
Goddamnit, Jess, I'm so jealous. I feel super weird about Lara going to Xbox before Playstation.

My PS3 currently has the ICO/Shadow Of The Collosus HD rerelease in it. Just finished ICO and was planning on moving straight to SotC but I'm taking a break because I didn't expect ICO to be so shitty towards Yorda.
0 x

Dexterians

Post by Dexterians » 07 Nov 2015, 11:18

Xbox One;

Black Ops 3
and
Need for Speed 2015

Occasionally Destiny

Soon to be Star Wars Battlefront and Fallout 4
0 x

CherryRed

Post by CherryRed » 07 Nov 2015, 11:32

I'd like to play a console game but my game tastes are a bit lame... I just like The Sims, and time management games like Cooking Dash, Cook Serve Delicious, etc. Although even The Sims piss me off these days because my favourite aspect of it was the design element not the gameplay (although I did play the game too), and the really dumbed down the design side of things.
0 x
Mugsy wrote:
09 Oct 2018, 21:26
I was raised to not do things I wouldn't want done to myself. And that's why anal sex is off the agenda.

vcatkiller

Post by vcatkiller » 07 Nov 2015, 12:25

I've been buzzing around with Metroid Prime Trilogy recently. Finished MP1 (missing a few really obvious scans...dammit!) and I'm now soldiering through MP2. One of my favourite game series.
0 x

Spooler

Post by Spooler » 07 Nov 2015, 12:52

Ooo meteoid prime ... one of my favorite games of all time and the reason i have a gamecube.
0 x
DarkMellie wrote: I love Wang.
Disco LT wrote: Love Gaytimes
"GoN, where no one was afraid to show their love of gaytimes or wang."

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 07 Nov 2015, 14:11

Forza 6 is in my Xbone at the moment, amazing game
0 x
"Put the damn gun down, boy. It aint no toy." - Lite

Bicketybam

Post by Bicketybam » 07 Nov 2015, 14:16

What's in my console... wait, where the fucks me console????

Oh that's right, never had one. :mrgreen:
0 x

Brat81

Post by Brat81 » 07 Nov 2015, 16:02

XB1: Forza 6
Snes: Super Mario All Stars
PS3: Gran Turismo 6
WiiU: Smash Bros
PS1: GTA 2

Shinanigans FORZA 6 OMG !!
0 x

NoobyMcNoobnoob

Post by NoobyMcNoobnoob » 07 Nov 2015, 19:08

vcatkiller wrote:I've been buzzing around with Metroid Prime Trilogy recently. Finished MP1 (missing a few really obvious scans...dammit!) and I'm now soldiering through MP2. One of my favourite game series.
man ive been keeping an eye out for the metroid prime games in eb and no luck even on second handies, wii version so i can play on my wii u
0 x

vcatkiller

Post by vcatkiller » 07 Nov 2015, 20:12

NoobyMcNoobnoob wrote:
vcatkiller wrote:I've been buzzing around with Metroid Prime Trilogy recently. Finished MP1 (missing a few really obvious scans...dammit!) and I'm now soldiering through MP2. One of my favourite game series.
man ive been keeping an eye out for the metroid prime games in eb and no luck even on second handies, wii version so i can play on my wii u
If you're ok with buying a digital copy you can buy Metroid Prime Trilogy through the WiiU online shop. It's the Wii version, so uses the Wiimote and nunchuck top play.

Otherwise yeah it is rather rare. Apparently they had an extremely short run of the game. I had to pick up my physical copy second hand...
0 x

NoobyMcNoobnoob

Post by NoobyMcNoobnoob » 07 Nov 2015, 20:25

vcatkiller wrote: If you're ok with buying a digital copy you can buy Metroid Prime Trilogy through the WiiU online shop. It's the Wii version, so uses the Wiimote and nunchuck top play.
sigh if i must, btw i thoguht you could use the gamecube gamepad with it ?
0 x

vcatkiller

Post by vcatkiller » 07 Nov 2015, 20:37

NoobyMcNoobnoob wrote: sigh if i must, btw i thoguht you could use the gamecube gamepad with it ?
Not the Trilogy edition. MP1 and 2 were enhanced so they use the same controls as MP3. They even add some of the new MP3 features like the ability to ball jump by flicking the Wiimote upward.

I personally find the controls a little uncomfortable, I usually end up with my arm cramping up if I play for too long. Otherwise, there's a little more maneuverability there. So much so that some of the boss battles can become a little too easy. Flaagra instantly jumps to mind.
0 x

.♥. Cupcake .♥.

Post by .♥. Cupcake .♥. » 08 Nov 2015, 00:11

Little Big Planet! :D

PS. I'm new to PS3.. we bought one so we could use it as a blu ray player and tv recorder, and he could game. However, unlike the wii.. I find it lacking in cooking games :( Are there ANY cooking games on PS3?
0 x

GamingKen

Post by GamingKen » 08 Nov 2015, 00:19

.♥. Cupcake .♥. wrote:Little Big Planet! :D
Add "Karting" to the end of that title and you have a really damn fun game! LBP2 also gets a rotation in my PS3 now and then. Though my PS3 is mainly used for Netflix.
0 x

tacitus42

Post by tacitus42 » 08 Nov 2015, 11:01

Heavy Rain, booted up the old PS3 the other night just to run through this amazing game again.
I've always been one of those people that love 'interactive storytelling'. So many different paths and endings in that game, was brilliant and I'm surprised to say that it still is. 5 years later it has aged quite well.
But yeah it's really about the PC now, back in 2009/10 I didn't have a great gaming PC so bought most of my games on PS3.
0 x
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197973681314]Image[/url]

Stoibs

Post by Stoibs » 08 Nov 2015, 11:05

Until Dawn.
One of the only things that came in my console combo bundle that I actually care about and wanted.

Every other game since buying the console and going forward has and will be digital purchases.
Better deals (And availability without region restrictions) on the US PSN store and Amazon digital using fake American accounts, don't need to screw around with storage space and physically swapping games on the machine, and I've put up with bad optical drives/scratched discs/unreadable games enough on my last gen console to never want to deal with them again.
0 x

.♥. Cupcake .♥.

Post by .♥. Cupcake .♥. » 08 Nov 2015, 22:04

Mearehear wrote:
.♥. Cupcake .♥. wrote:Little Big Planet! :D
Add "Karting" to the end of that title and you have a really damn fun game! LBP2 also gets a rotation in my PS3 now and then. Though my PS3 is mainly used for Netflix.
Actually, I did buy that! I'm going to assume it's like the nintendo mario karts? I LOVED that. However, haven't had any time to even open it yet, let alone start playing..
0 x

acegiak

Re: RE: Re: What's in your console(s) right now?

Post by acegiak » 08 Nov 2015, 22:06

Mearehear wrote:
.[BLACK HEART SUIT]. Cupcake .[BLACK HEART SUIT]. wrote:Little Big Planet! :D
How did lbp karting compare to modnation racers?

(My ps3 is mostly used for YouTube)
0 x

GamingKen

Post by GamingKen » 08 Nov 2015, 22:26

.♥. Cupcake .♥. wrote:Actually, I did buy that! I'm going to assume it's like the nintendo mario karts? I LOVED that. However, haven't had any time to even open it yet, let alone start playing..
It is! And with create-your-own tracks (or play other peoples) It's great fun and you can still find people playing it online.
acegiak wrote:How did lbp karting compare to modnation racers?

(My ps3 is mostly used for YouTube)
Kind of curious about that myself. When I purchased LBPK it was a toss up between modnation and LBPK, and I went with the latter as it was a newer release I think (in hope that it had more of an online playerbase still).

Youtube also gets a good workout on my PS3, particularly livestreams now.
0 x

n1cholas

Post by n1cholas » 10 Nov 2015, 05:25

I'm not playing any consoles atm.

I have a PS2, Gamecube/Wii, PS3 and Xbox360.

The PS4 and Xbox One hardware just isn't good value considering how technically weak it is and their exclusive libraries don't contain anything I really want so I've no problem waiting for price drops and/or exclusive games that appeal to myself.

I had a terrible experience last November with an Xbox One which had a faulty BD drive and experienced very low 200-300KB/sec download speeds when updating the OS and downloading game data and patches. iiNet's Xbox Live CDNs (mirrors) had corrupted data at the time and the last OS update I did attempted to download four times before it succeeded. The Xbox One as a whole came across as really unpolished and I wasn't going to wait around for the BD drive to fail so I returned it for a refund.

I have been thinking about picking up a Dreamcast and original Xbox but by the time I do all the hardware mods I want both will end up $500 each before games which will be more. Emulators just don't do either platform justice.
0 x

Jimmy_The_Geek

Post by Jimmy_The_Geek » 11 Nov 2015, 08:20

I have a few consoles, so this could take a while, but:

Atari: Pitfall
Nes: Super Mario Bros 3
Megadrive: Ecco the Dolphin
Gameboy: Pokemon Blue
Snes: Starwing (Star Fox for those of you in the States)
NDS: Ace Attorney
Xbox 360: Dishonoured
PS3: Mass Effect
PS4: Until Dawn
0 x
Superman, Tabletop, Video and Pro Wrestling.

Mini

Post by Mini » 11 Nov 2015, 12:33

My X360 and Wii are both packed up in the cupboard because the kids have been naughty... But only thing to go in the 360 is GTAV and Skylanders Giants
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

kablekill

Post by kablekill » 11 Nov 2015, 18:04

PS4 - nothing physically but playing Destiny trying to get the last boss down in the TTK Hard Mode Raid.
Xbox One - Halo Master Chief collection and Halo 5 and some how Mad Max has found a way in there the other day - not sure I can bring my self to play the game any more tho.
0 x