iRacing

Put the pedal to the metal and come in here to discuss your virtual ride.
GamingKen

iRacing

Post by GamingKen » 08 Jan 2016, 12:43

I've been out of action in this for awhile now as my wheel died and I am yet to pick up a new but there seems to have been quite a few improvements that sound very interesting, including a dynamic racing line that actually seems to do the job quite well and evolves over the course of a race. Also seems to be quite a few new cars and now they have the option of driver swaps for enduro races which sounds completely fantastic to me!! With any luck I will pick up a wheel again later this year and get back into the action. Anyone else here still dipping their toes into the racing?

And just for laughs... This guy attempts to coach his wife through her first race (oval) with rather hilarious results and lots of swearing (from her!)
0 x

DarkMellie

Re: iRacing

Post by DarkMellie » 08 Jan 2016, 13:58

My last 2 year sub lapsed back in August!

I did really like the RUF/McLaren/Whateveritwas series, that was some good value racin'.

While I might not play (and might not ever again), I still stay tuned to Empty Box on youtube, always good to watch Matt tear up a track as he natters on about various racing titles.
0 x

GamingKen

Post by GamingKen » 08 Jan 2016, 18:22

I'm not even sure when mine ran out last. I noticed iRacing is on Steam these days too, not that it would be of any real use as it would just launch you to a web browser anyway, but they seem to have had some cheaper starter deals for new players anyway. I think as much as I like the likes of Assetto Corsa it is the structured competition that would bring me back to iRacing one day. I kind of thrive on that competition, so it will likely sink its teeth into me again at some point in the future. I'm much like you, I tend to keep up to date on iRacing through Empty Box these days. I do like the thought of racing the Porsche cars they have now!
0 x

GamingKen

Post by GamingKen » 26 Jan 2016, 13:15

So iRacing has a new F1 car and the full Nurburgring track now. Quite interesting, though not sure it is enough to get me back at the moment. The fact it is the Mclaren Honda is a little disappointing, given it was such a terrible car last year, but it is still a modern F1 car so I am sure that will interest a lot of people, especially given that it models all the ERS/DRS etc. Personally, I think I have more fun with the classic F1 cars in Assetto Corsa.

0 x