Graphics card - List all modes

Treloar

Graphics card - List all modes

Post by Treloar » 09 Dec 2016, 08:41

I know for my own graphics card I can look up the Adapter tab and click List all modes, that is presumably what my graphics card supports.

Is there a list anywhere for any and all graphics cards that specify their modes at 60hz and 75hz, etc :?:
0 x

PirateEggs

Re: Graphics card - List all modes

Post by PirateEggs » 09 Dec 2016, 21:46

That's what your monitor(s) support, not your graphics card.

I do not think anyone has made any kind of database to document what you're looking for, but if you look on specific card spec pages you can find their maximum support resolution and refresh rates.
0 x
ImageImage

n1cholas

Post by n1cholas » 10 Dec 2016, 00:09

Graphics cards output options vary based on the connected display, generally settings that are unsupported by your display will not appear in the list. Mostly the software does a good job of detecting your displays supported settings but I have seen profiles appear where timings cause issues with the connected display.

You can make additional output profiles but depending on settings you may see glitches and other issues.
0 x

Treloar

Post by Treloar » 10 Dec 2016, 01:30

Okay then, what is the highest resolution for at least 32bit color and 75 Hz, I'm shopping for a new monitor.

My graphics card states in it's manual that it does:

Multi-VGA output support : HDMI/DVI/RGB ports *1
- Supports HDMI with max. resolution 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz
- Supports DVI with max. resolution 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz
- Supports RGB with max. resolution 2560 x 1600 @ 60 Hz

And before anyone queries as to why 75 Hz, it's because I cannot stand 60 Hz cause I have photosensitive epilepsy I am particular sensitive to low refresh rates.

I am also considering a new graphics card and looking at some 144 Hz monitors, which I presume may be the way to go. My max budget at this time is $500
0 x

PirateEggs

Post by PirateEggs » 10 Dec 2016, 09:50

Is your budget $500 for just the monitor, or is that your budget for the graphics card and monitor? Because if it's the latter you're not going to have much to spend on a graphics card because higher end monitors are pretty expensive, start around $400.
Here's two monitors that both support a max of 1920x1080@144Hz. But support from as low as 30Hz and up to 144Hz in various resolutions. These combinations are not supplied on their product pages however. What graphics do you have? Because those specs sounds like onboard specs to me.
0 x
ImageImage

Treloar

Post by Treloar » 13 Dec 2016, 02:07

$500 was my budget for a monitor only, I'd prolly spend more for a graphics card. Generally I tend to keep my spending to sub $500 for any 1 component, I am not rich and cannot spend thousands.

It's a little old student box, so if I could get a decent monitor without buying a graphics card that'd be ideal and I'll still be using the monitor the next time I buy a new PC when the old one dies...

Current graphics on the student box uses on board Radeon HD 6310 I believe, I know it's not much, but does the job cause I don't use that system to play games.

It seems likely the 144hz monitors will require a new graphics card. So even if I chose 1 of those two you mentioned, whats the minimum graphics card that'd do the job :?: (Remember this is not primarily for gaming, I may buy a better graphics card later on for a new system but a lesser card will do for now)

I have been doing some research myself and just when I thought I'd found the perfect monitor it turns out it's only available as glossy and not matte, which well sux, I was starting to look at aftermarket options for stuff you put on the monitor to make it matte as it were but was left less than impressed by what I saw in video's online of them being reviewed.
0 x